ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   lateral mdx321t (billet) on a 2005 sti 2ltre (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/992769-lateral-mdx321t-billet-on-a-2005-sti-2ltre.html)

just me 25 December 2013 10:44 PM

Which Harvey up pipe are people using?

I was going to go for the standard ported one, but ended up with the one specially made for the 321t.

Still think I should take it off and go for the standard ported one.

jed_1989 25 December 2013 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by matt-c (Post 11301650)
MD555 or MDX? I've an MDX sitting here, unsure about putting it on though :(

MDX555 yes

craigyp 29 December 2013 01:37 PM

I told harvey what turbo I had so I presume its the correct one.

matt-c 30 December 2013 08:37 AM

I previously had MD555 on my 2.0 with Harvey up pipe ( i informed him of the turbo i planned to use also) and the engine lost lots of tractability so i reverted to vf35.

just me 30 December 2013 12:26 PM

Did you revert back to the standard up pipe too?

matt-c 30 December 2013 01:22 PM

No, as i have tubular ones on i need something and the harvey one is no doubt better than the standard tubular one which is large diameter with a kink compared to the harvey one.

just me 15 January 2014 02:07 PM

Craig I had my car mapped yesterday with an older md321t wit billet wheel, mine only made 397bhp most likely due to keeping the standard airbox, but she did make 391lbft of torque.

I stuck with a 2.5 inch exhaust system, standard ported headers and Harvey's two bolt up pipe, maybe if you tried this it might help with your spool and torque figures?

Could be talking rubbish but I have the same model as you, also I have recently changed the nps, cleaned the ocv's, camshaft position sensors.

Mine is a little laggier than the vf35, she starts pulling well at 3500rpm, and shoots off at 4k.

wrx271 15 January 2014 02:52 PM

if you buy a md321t from lateral it will spool slightly earlier than a mdx321t from td although they look the same lateral has some little mods to the wheel that td are not aloud to copy as its laterals design.

ive looked into these units and I am still sure the h is the best road turbo for a 2.0

JohnD 15 January 2014 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by just me (Post 11324612)
Craig I had my car mapped yesterday with an older md321t wit billet wheel, mine only made 397bhp most likely due to keeping the standard airbox, but she did make 391lbft of torque.

I stuck with a 2.5 inch exhaust system, standard ported headers and Harvey's two bolt up pipe, maybe if you tried this it might help with your spool and torque figures?

Could be talking rubbish but I have the same model as you, also I have recently changed the nps, cleaned the ocv's, camshaft position sensors.

Mine is a little laggier than the vf35, she starts pulling well at 3500rpm, and shoots off at 4k.

With the general spec you are running, that power figure looks ok?
The torque is very good.

JohnD

JohnD 15 January 2014 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=wrx271;11324645]if you buy a md321t from lateral it will spool slightly earlier than a mdx321t from td although they look the same lateral has some little mods to the wheel that td are not aloud to copy as its laterals design.

ive looked into these units and I am still sure the h is the best road turbo for a 2.0
[/QUOTE

Having used both turbos I would tend to agree. Although the T is giving more power, the H spooled quicker, and made the power available more useable.

JohnD

craigyp 15 January 2014 04:32 PM

a update. had a smoke test done on my fmic and induction and my fmic was leaking really bad in one spot and also in 2 other places. the boost comes in alot stronger now. a big thaks to richardj for taking time to sort.

wrx271 15 January 2014 06:43 PM

And there's a lot of garages that say the smoke pro is a waste of time good work richardj

craigyp 15 January 2014 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by wrx271 (Post 11324907)
And there's a lot of garages that say the smoke pro is a waste of time good work richardj

here here!! :-)

RICHARD J 15 January 2014 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by craigyp (Post 11324752)
a update. had a smoke test done on my fmic and induction and my fmic was leaking really bad in one spot and also in 2 other places. the boost comes in alot stronger now. a big thaks to richardj for taking time to sort.

You're welcome Craig, glad to help resolve the issue. I think anyone who doubts the smoke pro has never used one or doesn't know what they are doing. Iv used mine to fix hundreds of cars some coming from other garages after an incorrect diagnosis, it's probably the best value bit of kit Iv ever bought.

wrx271 16 January 2014 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by RICHARD J (Post 11325128)
You're welcome Craig, glad to help resolve the issue. I think anyone who doubts the smoke pro has never used one or doesn't know what they are doing. Iv used mine to fix hundreds of cars some coming from other garages after an incorrect diagnosis, it's probably the best value bit of kit Iv ever bought.

we sell a few but a lot of garages (or so called garages) will turn round and say its a waste I had a guy yesterday say it was a waste I get to a point and just think bollox to them the good garages will always be there.

and this just proves the point how many people would have changed turbos etc etc before they realise its a loose clip or a vac leak or a split intercooler etc etc

hats of to you sir

stugsey 16 January 2014 07:57 PM

Hi Craig change the fuel pump for a stage 2 m8 RCM 340 LPH. The Walbro starve on fuel m8. Spec is good, wat induction kit are u running.

stugsey 16 January 2014 08:05 PM

Hi m8 just noticed your running the ks tech mega maf is it 73 or 83. Also the torque is pretty low for spec

Henrik 17 January 2014 12:59 PM

If it was mapped with the boost leak, it probably makes sense to have the fueling checked over just in case it's running lean now when in open loop.

328isport 17 January 2014 02:17 PM

Craig how did you resolve the leaks? I'm assuming all the pipes were done up and had clips on, so what was causing such a big leak? The reason I ask is I'm changing my Y pipe on my UK turbo to an STi one and using new silicone hoses, so just want to make sure I don't create any air leaks! I've heard of people using hairspray when fitting hoses lol