ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   For all newbies - a guide on how to answer those threads looking for advice! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/991346-for-all-newbies-a-guide-on-how-to-answer-those-threads-looking-for-advice.html)

Fat Boy 30 November 2013 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11280385)
Oi newbie, Feb 1999 atually, my second username and all that :)

You will probably remember it when it ran on custom BBS software and when they transferred it to vBulletin all the profile details got screwed, everyone had joined in 1970 LOL!

Easy to claim, impossible to prove; like most of your statements.... so, feck off newbie.

f1_fan 30 November 2013 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Boy (Post 11280579)
Easy to claim, impossible to prove; like most of your statements.... so, feck off newbie.

Don't have to prove anything to people like you, you are a no mark :lol1:

Busterbulldog 30 November 2013 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11280572)
17. Mapping.....If you are lucky enough to own a Subaru built between the years 1992 and 2013 then you really have a special model. The clever boffins at Subaru fitted these model years with a self learning ecu.

So........

When asking for advice about what effect your latest engine mod will have on the factory map and someone "know it all" says it needs mapping he is talking out of his arse. The ecu will sort it all out for you with the self learning mode which is easily activated by......

1.Turn on ignition
2. Selecting all gears(clutch pedal half way)starting in reverse and working backwards from 5th/6th to 1st
3. Rest mileometer

Its really that easy and should put a stop to "which mapper is best" style threads..:thumb:

I thought you had to flash the headlights 3 times with the heated rear window on

jayallen 30 November 2013 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Busterbulldog (Post 11280621)
I thought you had to flash the headlights 3 times with the heated rear window on

That was the initial thought with the 2.5 to try and combat HG/ringland failure......it never worked!..:lol1:

thenewgalaxy 30 November 2013 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11280625)
That was the initial thought with the 2.5 to try and combat HG/ringland failure......it never worked!..:lol1:

The only way to combat the 2.5 exploding is to have it built the way it should have been to begin with.

Proper bloody engine it is too :D

tubbytommy 30 November 2013 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11280628)
The only way to combat the 2.5 exploding is to have it built the way it should have been to begin with.

Proper bloody engine it is too :D

another wrong statement, the 2.5 is fine its just the jealous 2.0 owners telling everyone its rubbish. like the sti owners talking about wrxs.

thenewgalaxy 30 November 2013 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11280630)
another wrong statement, the 2.5 is fine its just the jealous 2.0 owners telling everyone its rubbish. like the sti owners talking about wrxs.

Shame they didn't build the 2.5 in the WRX properly either, it's a better car with that wider spread of torque.

Better than an STi :cuckoo:

lordharding 30 November 2013 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by mrmadcap (Post 11280337)
Don't forget the real FAKE stick on carbon fibre:D

Good to have you back on here
Thought you had been away on a LWC residential course for a few weeks

Ps wagons are still the best :D

jura11 01 December 2013 11:09 AM

Recommendation to all newbies from me:

Stay away from posting new threads,rather search and posting new thread?

Is its worth it?

Post when you must,but be prepare be spanked

Its yours car,if you have VTA,I wouldn't care,do you have fake roof vent,who cares,its yours car and you are driving car and people have their opinions,do you have stickers,I wouldn't be worried too,at the end is yours car and yours pride and joy

Good luck to all newbie

Jura

RICHARD J 01 December 2013 11:51 AM

Do any newbies still dare come on here? I thought they'd all been intimidated into staying away.

My advice to any newbie thinking of posting would be not to bother until you've been a member for at least ten years & even then expect to be treated harshly if you post the wrong thing.

Hope this helps & good luck.

rossyboy 01 December 2013 11:52 AM

As a newbie, you will know that the CDB in your old WRX "it deffo as won mate innit" means that it can take 400 bhp and that it triples the real value of your car.

You will also know that your car does indeed have 400 bhp "coz it as a buust cuntrol aiyee"

f1_fan 01 December 2013 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by RICHARD J (Post 11280863)
Do any newbies still dare come on here? I thought they'd all been intimidated into staying away.

My advice to any newbie thinking of posting would be not to bother until you've been a member for at least ten years & even then expect to be treated harshly if you post the wrong thing.

Hey that's a little unfair, this thread is trying to help them become fine and upstanding members of the community, fastracking them to expert status if you like :D

lordharding 01 December 2013 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11280868)
Hey that's a little unfair, this thread is trying to help them become fine and upstanding members of the community, fastracking them to expert status if you like :D

Yes that's what f1 excellent thread is about
Education and awarenesses
When you read the old classic threads about moles and horses and tuning
Threads there was no txt speech just laughs all the time
We are already getting newbys coming through the system and surviving
This thread should be a sticky
Like the stickers that are too sticky thread :D

LuckyWelshchap 01 December 2013 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11280437)
14. Newbies ensure that you realise how massively inferior all UK models are compared to JDM cars

We are not worthy of rear wiper blades and twin scroll turbos :sleep:

What do you mean "rear wiper blades" ?
Either I've been done or someone's nicked them.

(Oh, and how do tell if your turbo really is a twin scroll ?)

PADDYHOEY 01 December 2013 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap (Post 11280889)
What do you mean "rear wiper blades" ?
Either I've been done or someone's nicked them.

(Oh, and how do tell if your turbo really is a twin scroll ?)

I don't think it's the kind of scroll your thinking of.

25,000,000 word essay written in Japanese on a scroll of parchment just situated next to the turbo !!

f1_fan 01 December 2013 12:24 PM

OK, who's hacked his account.... that post is way too short to be the real LWC. Or has he had a 'Eureka' moment and realised succinct is good after all? ;)

CharlySkunkWeed 01 December 2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by RICHARD J (Post 11280863)

Nothing says welcome to the site like being told your car is shi7 and to use the search function.

tubbytommy 01 December 2013 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11280907)
OK, who's hacked his account.... that post is way too short to be the real LWC. Or has he had a 'Eureka' moment and realised succinct is good after all? ;)

still googling the answer no doubt, its the wrong 2 o clock though.
the intoxicated one is 12 hours away

JonMc 01 December 2013 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11280999)
still googling the answer no doubt, its the wrong 2 o clock though.
the intoxicated one is 12 hours away

Only when you've had a light lunch :D

RICHARD J 01 December 2013 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 11280985)
Nothing says welcome to the site like being told your car is shi7 and to use the search function.

LOL, I thought that was just an automated response to every newbies first post.

Fat Boy 01 December 2013 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11280584)
Don't have to prove anything to people like you, you are a no mark :lol1:

Your opinion doesn't count to me, therefore your statement has no meaning (as usual)

The Trooper 1815 01 December 2013 10:17 PM

AWD will compensate for the Linlong Ditchfinders especially if they are fitted on extra wide wheels.

f1_fan 01 December 2013 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Boy (Post 11281344)
Your opinion doesn't count to me, therefore your statement has no meaning (as usual)

Of course it doesn't which is why you haven't responded.... oh hang on :lol1:

Fat Boy 02 December 2013 09:56 AM

I'm just trying to help a newbie. I know, I'm all heart.

honeybadger 03 December 2013 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Busterbulldog (Post 11280263)
Dont forget that just renewing your tax disc could require a map update
Expect your car to blow up or break down every time its dynoed or a new part is fitted
Always remember once you have finished (ruining) sorry tuning your Subaru that its value has plummeted as its no longer original
Now its finished and your bored its time to sell it on...or in reality its time to split it into 1000 pieces and sell parts for the next eleventeen years

hahaha!!

so true!!!

lovinmescoob 03 December 2013 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11281428)
AWD will compensate for the Linlong Ditchfinders especially if they are fitted on extra wide wheels.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: