ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Harvey - RIP (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/955508-harvey-rip.html)

DJ Dunk 09 November 2012 11:08 AM

Sorry to hear this Dawn, thoughts very much with you.

He was a highly respected member of the community and will be a huge loss. Rest in peace Harvey.

Davros 1979 09 November 2012 11:10 AM

Only ever had positive dealings with him, 100% genuine guy. R.I.P.

Baz82 09 November 2012 11:10 AM

So sorry to hear Dawn , I enjoyed emailing Harvey when I was ordering some bits and pieces from him and always had great advice for me . Bit of a shock . rip

wrx fifer 09 November 2012 11:18 AM

terrible news dawn and a real shock to everyone, harvey helped me in a previous build with parts and advice, very helpful and will be missed by alot of people.

Grant

samo 09 November 2012 11:21 AM

Im so sorry to hear the sad news. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

T20Driver 09 November 2012 11:25 AM

Oh No .... so sad to hear of your loss .. Harvey was a lovely genuine man only too willing to help others and impart his knowledge freely. Such a shame .. look after yourself Dawn

jayallen 09 November 2012 11:28 AM

Terrible news RIP Harvey

IainMilford 09 November 2012 11:30 AM

Awful news :(

Spoken to him a few times and he was a true gent and will be missed greatly in the subaru community.

My thoughts go to you Dawn and the rest of his family and friends he leaves behind.

Best regards
Iain

cheekybich 09 November 2012 11:36 AM

Thinking of you all at such sad time... (((Hugs))) xx

ScoobyDoo69 09 November 2012 11:42 AM

Dawn,

I'm so so sorry to hear this, what an awful loss of a great gentleman. We will all miss Harvey deeply.

I can only sincerely apologise for my badgering emails to get an update on my turbo. I feel awful.

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Kosta x

joz8968 09 November 2012 11:44 AM

I don't know what to say.... I'm shocked to the core.

He was so... SO helpful to me. The way He went about business was truly professional. I respected and admired Him (despite never meeting in person).

I'm extremely proud that my car sports His GT Spec tubular headers and LATEST design trick uppipe... He lives on in many of the Subaru Community's cars!

I've got tears.

Blue by You 09 November 2012 11:45 AM

That's very sad news.
RIP Harvey, and my condolences to you Dawn.

SkullFudge 09 November 2012 11:52 AM

I heard nothing but good about Harvey.

Our thoughts are with you Dawn

Codders 09 November 2012 11:52 AM

It's hard to believe in this sad news.
I was having an email conversation with Harvey only a few weeks ago..

My thoughts are with you and your family Dawn...

RIP Harvey :(

DannyBoy007 09 November 2012 11:54 AM

Very sad news.

Scoobynet and the scooby community have lost a true gent

RIP Harvey

Tony Harrington 09 November 2012 12:00 PM

My sincere condolences, I never personally knew Harvey but from people's posts/threads he was so well respected & a great personality.

Rest assured that I will continue to pray for you and your family Dawn in the days & weeks to come.

Scooby B 09 November 2012 12:05 PM

Only ever dealt with him through email but he seemed like such a nice guy. RIP harvey mate.

B4D HK 09 November 2012 12:08 PM

Our thoughts are with you at his very very sad time :(

from H and all at:
west-mids-imprezas.com

MartynJ 09 November 2012 12:13 PM

My deepest condolences, the Subaru community has lost one of the true gentleman, he'll be sadly missed.

JohnD 09 November 2012 12:16 PM

This is the most awful news.
I had dealt with him a couple of times and it was clear that he was a very intelligent man with a passion for what he did. I have the greatest respect for the Harveys of this world.
My sincere condolences to all his family and friends who have been touched by this dreadful event.

RIP

JohnD

MrNoisy 09 November 2012 12:20 PM

Such a sad piece of news, and a tremendous loss to the community.
A true gent who was always willing to help others and offer advice, and never afraid to speak his mind.

He'll be sorely missed, and please accept my condolences at this difficult time Dawn, we will all remember him fondly.

beliblisk 09 November 2012 12:21 PM

OMG sad news:(

Lateral Performance 09 November 2012 12:23 PM

Harvey will leave a massive void in the Subaru community. RIP

bustaMOVEs 09 November 2012 12:27 PM

So sad to hear this, my condolences are with you and your family.
R.I.P Harvey

Arch 09 November 2012 12:28 PM

Sad news indeed, I had many chats with Harvey about aircraft engineering and cars and always appreciated his help and advice - you will be sadly missed thoughts are with his wife and family.

BIG FUD 09 November 2012 12:30 PM

Didnt know harvey but ive heard he was a honest and straight to the point gent,Just how it should be.

R.I.P Fella ..

Love
Fud & Family xxxx

need4speeduk 09 November 2012 12:37 PM

Sad times.

R.I.P.

Markyscoob 09 November 2012 12:37 PM

Rest in Peace Harvey. I only knew him from posts here but it does show what a family Subaru enthusiasts are from the posts on this thread.

Dawn a terrible time for you and the family, but very brave of you to post up on here. My very best wishes and deepest sympathies for the times ahead.

Alan Jeffery 09 November 2012 12:43 PM

Harvey was without doubt a force for progress in Subaru tuning, and we'll miss the lively sparring sessions he thoroughly enjoyed on Scoobynet!

He swept into our premises on one occasion when on holiday in the area, and we very much enjoyed the experience. When I told my Missus that he'd paid us a visit, she wondered why a famous equestrian like Harvey Smith would turn up at a Subaru tuners! I didn't feel I could burst her bubble..

As Martyn says, a true Gent, and in my view a great competitor.

Jamo 09 November 2012 12:44 PM

RIP Harvey :(

You will leave a massive hole in the Subaru community, especially here on Scoobynet, this place will never be the same without you here, and you will never be forgotton!

Such a sad loss, all our thoughts are with you Dawn and your family.

James