ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Info on Mark Schmitt // Schmidt, South African tuner (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/938919-info-on-mark-schmitt-schmidt-south-african-tuner.html)

Gear Head 11 June 2012 06:06 PM

Good luck fella. Hope you get it sorted. :thumb:

Jaybird-UK 11 June 2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 10660834)

Everywhere that guy has ever checked in or updated status at is in Nevada or Minisotta USA

Rob_Impreza99 11 June 2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Infected by sti (Post 10660998)
We have been to the police station and reported it, we have been told to got the local station nearest him from our local office as there is more they can do being up there

http://www.comedy.co.uk/images/libra...doors_nige.jpg
http://www.comedy.co.uk/images/libra...doors_phil.jpg

tarmac terror 11 June 2012 10:49 PM

Is it this guy, I can see why an engine swap might take him 2 years?!?!?!?

Mark Schmidt Professional Tuner

Infected by sti 11 June 2012 11:42 PM

Bang on by there rob lmao!

I bet even tha piano tuner would be quicker than this berk :thumb:

David Lock 12 June 2012 10:41 AM

Why don't you use a debt recovery firm. They can be quite persuasive...

dl

jaytc2003 10 July 2012 11:10 PM

did I not read that you had been to his personal address before? If so just wait until the kid goes to school then go in heavy handed or with a few pals. If he is a mechanic he will have tools needed to open a lockup.

To add when I had an evo and frequented the mlr, there was a garage in warrington not associated with car planet but next door (and mechanics now working there) who took a customers car in and basically sold the bits to other people and then tried to do a , basically just a shell was left

Infected by sti 11 July 2012 06:56 AM

Pete where you from mate?

rizlaturbo 15 September 2012 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Infected by sti (Post 10658762)
Hi guys

Anybody heard of this guy? Has had a car of ours for over 2 years and is making life extremely difficult for us to retrieve it! Would like to know if anybody else has had the "privelage" of crossing him, had any problems with him?
If you don't want to leave a comment please feel free to pm me, any information, opinions, or any orher rants would be appreciated so we can build a bigger picture of this guy

Cheers!

yes mate call me work No 01452 739174 cheers

Lisawrx 30 August 2014 01:27 AM

Moved back as per OP request. :thumb:

S204Darren 30 August 2014 09:00 AM

Marc schmit

This guy has obviously been doing this for ever, how can this man keep getting away with it? He is known to the police and they know what's been going on, if my car is not returned on Wednesday I'm going to the press a good old fashion hack will have him out and put his face on the front page!

gazney101 30 August 2014 10:12 AM

Did infected by sti get his car back?

If people know where this guy lives then i dont understand the issue, just make his life a living hell

f1_fan 30 August 2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by gazney101 (Post 11502668)
Did infected by sti get his car back?

If people know where this guy lives then i dont understand the issue, just make his life a living hell

It's rare I agree with you, but on this I do.

There has to be more to all this than is being written here (and in the other thread) as given he seems to be pretty well known including his locations and personal address (at least at one time if not now) and considering how many people he has upset he could not have got away with this for so long without someone taking it into their own hands unless there is more to it.

gazney101 30 August 2014 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11502674)

It's rare I agree with you, but on this I do.

There has to be more to all this than is being written here (and in the other thread) as given he seems to be pretty well known including his locations and personal address (at least at one time if not now) and considering how many people he has upset he could not have got away with this for so long without someone taking it into their own hands unless there is more to it.

Absolutely, as i was reading through this thread i was building up an image of this guy taking in customers cars and using them for unorthodox purposes, and hes possibly a right hard cnut maybe thats why nobody has been to sort him out lol

Definitely sounds very very strange

Carnut 30 August 2014 10:41 AM

On the other thread the op mentioned that when he went round to his house and he was moving out.

It seems that he settles in a area renting a home and garage and starts to make friends and gain trust, once he has worked his way in he out of the blue ups and moves taking peoples cars and leaving the aftermath in his wake.

Infected by sti 30 August 2014 11:15 AM

Yes we got the car back.

He always states he's moving house, been moving for the last 3/4 years now and when you arrive at the house don't be surprised if your greeted by his partner who will insist he is not there and doesn't live there no longer whilst he hides away and calls the police.

There really is nothing more to this than meets the eye and that's on my life, what's been said here and the other thread rings very true.

He shows you around that big old place with the garages with at the time a few other impreza shells sat there, shows you all the nice bits like turbos engines etc and you genuinely wouldn't think twice if you didn't know otherwise, why would you! You're at his house being showed around a garage full of engines and various other bits and has met his wife and child.

There is clearly something not right with this guy, but when you're there at the time and he's saying this and that whilst showing you other projects he has done and "completed" and have met him through a friend just like the op of the other thread did who haven't had an issue (smaller jobs) with what was done then it was hard to see him for who he really was and totally agree he should be locked away!

f1_fan 30 August 2014 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Infected by sti (Post 11502709)
There really is nothing more to this than meets the eye and that's on my life, what's been said here and the other thread rings very true.

Sorry mate, I wasn't meaning there was anything you weren't telling us or anything dodgy from your side or anyone else who has been scammed by this guy, what I meant is somehow he is getting away with it and there has to be a reason for that on his side.... or maybe he's just been lucky not to cross the wrong guy.

rizlaturbo 30 August 2014 06:40 PM

Smitt

Watch dog would be well interested in this rip artist

Infected by sti 30 August 2014 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by rizlaturbo (Post 11503096)

Have you had anything back from the wankčr apart from your shell dude?

35mjt35 31 August 2014 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by rizlaturbo (Post 11503096)

Watchdog ?? Every dog is interested in this muppet Si

S204Darren 01 September 2014 09:30 PM

Bttt

Infected by sti 01 September 2014 11:09 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1010557-subaru-promiser-marc-mark-smit-aka-schmidt-aka-south-african-mapper.html

To link pages

vindaloo 02 September 2014 02:36 AM

Ummm, "Don't get done get Dom"?

35mjt35 02 September 2014 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Infected by sti (Post 11505008)

Jst knock on his door, his fat misses will answer whilst the bold headed c##t hides upstairs. Jst ask for the cars back. She'll ring police etc etc... Just keep on going back. The police will tire of it, he'll get para & eventually you'll get em back. Keep on turning up at his door. He ain't moving no where iv been told.

Infected by sti 02 September 2014 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by 35mjt35 (Post 11505274)
Jst knock on his door, his fat misses will answer whilst the bold headed c##t hides upstairs. Jst ask for the cars back. She'll ring police etc etc... Just keep on going back. The police will tire of it, he'll get para & eventually you'll get em back. Keep on turning up at his door. He ain't moving no where iv been told.

You're spot on the money with what you just said :thumb:

What dealings you had with him?

35mjt35 03 September 2014 09:22 PM

Luckily 4 me, none yet.....
I first stumbled across his name afew years back when my forester's ringlands went, trying to find som1 2 rebuild it 4 cheap, I decided to strip my own engine in the end on my coffee table!!. Turns out that was probably less hassle than getting som1 else to do it, after all it's only nuts n bolts & afew calculations. The only time I go to any1 else is 4 tracking, MoT, Si's 4 Tyres & Bob. I won't 'trust any1 with my car. (I told Si to get his ra bck asap when he told me who had it)