ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   tunnel runners past present and future general chat.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/924444-tunnel-runners-past-present-and-future-general-chat.html)

Tom WRX RA 17 February 2012 12:38 PM

Managed to get bolt out today wound a nut on tight as Hell then wound the whole thing back out was very proud lol also i checked on that site which tells you what car you have and mine is a wrx nothing special but will check arms tmw anything else diff on the ra than standard wrx
Wierd that it has just that bonnet mate, the wishbones are probably the only other thing it might have i think the diff's are the same as a normal wrx its only stuff like the IC water spray and lack of electric windows, mirrors etc which I know yours dosent have. Have you checked for CDB?

So are you guys gonna come to the workshop session on the 28th? Would be nice to have a look under your P1 Gilly :thumb:

stucooper 17 February 2012 01:47 PM

Hi tom checked my arms to they are ally also and mite pop down to workshop session if i can even if its just to spectate

Tom WRX RA 17 February 2012 01:59 PM

Yeah you gotta turn up Stu wouldnt be the same without our glorious leader :luxhello:

wow isnt that wierd I think that some WRX's were equipped with RA 'optional' equipment from the factory as the production lines were next to each other. theres more about it on type ra.co.uk

check below the alternator to see if it has a CDB

Steve Subaru Parts 17 February 2012 02:33 PM

i got my red subaru started after swoping crank senser to day releved and started on the rb5 as well all parts will be hear monday to get it gowing http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5566/img2226es.jpg

stucooper 17 February 2012 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tom WRX RA (Post 10492426)
Yeah you gotta turn up Stu wouldnt be the same without our glorious leader :luxhello:

wow isnt that wierd I think that some WRX's were equipped with RA 'optional' equipment from the factory as the production lines were next to each other. theres more about it on type ra.co.uk

check below the alternator to see if it has a CDB

Already checked mate its defo odb not a prob tho she will take 350bhp all day can't see me goin more than that and will try my best to get there mate

Steve Subaru Parts 17 February 2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by stucooper (Post 10492934)
Already checked mate its defo odb not a prob tho she will take 350bhp all day can't see me goin more than that and will try my best to get there mate

Who is doowing your map as I wood like to get my dune agane and how much are thay asking for to do the job

stucooper 17 February 2012 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by dylandjsteve (Post 10493041)
Who is doowing your map as I wood like to get my dune agane and how much are thay asking for to do the job

Not sure yet mate thinkin end of April beginning of May if that suits you if a few of us are interested we cud get group discount maybe and its around 300 depends on your ecu I've got a apexi to go in mine

Scooby Jo 18 February 2012 08:59 PM

Don't suppose anyone has a set of nuts that will fit my Inovits??? The standard subaru one's are too small and fat:( I have found some online but just thought I'd ask :thumb:

Stu - go and read "was it you" - very funny one about you:lol1:

stucooper 19 February 2012 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 10494586)
Don't suppose anyone has a set of nuts that will fit my Inovits??? The standard subaru one's are too small and fat:( I have found some online but just thought I'd ask :thumb:

Stu - go and read "was it you" - very funny one about you:lol1:

Just read it haha very good Sean. So when you gettin wheels done Jo and spoiler fitted

Big Pete 19 February 2012 11:31 AM

Hi all! We travelled over from West Yorks to do our one & only tunnel run a couple of years ago. IT WAS AN EXCELLENT DAY OUT! If we were closer then we'd attend every month.

stucooper 19 February 2012 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Big Pete (Post 10495205)
Hi all! We travelled over from West Yorks to do our one & only tunnel run a couple of years ago. IT WAS AN EXCELLENT DAY OUT! If we were closer then we'd attend every month.

Hi Pete there kind of addictive ain't they, we do a new route now with a few more tunnels involved and still happen first Sunday of every month. if you belong to a local club were arranging a big run thinkin July 1st with hopefully a few clubs coming so if your planning to do a run again this one prob best value for you failing that your always welcome to jump on any of the runs held each month

pimmo2000 19 February 2012 04:18 PM

Will you guys piss off and stop driving by my house .. you're gonna make me cry ..

oldman-wrx 19 February 2012 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 10495501)
Will you guys piss off and stop driving by my house .. you're gonna make me cry ..

Can hear Stu penceling your house into the next tunnel run route LOL :D:D

stucooper 19 February 2012 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by oldman-wrx (Post 10495580)
Can hear Stu penceling your house into the next tunnel run route LOL :D:D

burn oldman he is a witch haha, i really thought that. think you shud sell up pimmo and get another scoob its in your blood mate :thumb:

Scooby Jo 19 February 2012 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by stucooper (Post 10494912)
Just read it haha very good Sean. So when you gettin wheels done Jo and spoiler fitted

Soon, I'm running out of space :lol1: Wheels by next weekend hopefully, got to ring a supplier tomorrow to make sure I'm ordering the right kit, my mate at Kwik Fit said he's swop 'em over for me:thumb: Spoiler, not sure, got to find a few days when I dont need the car:wonder:

Also think we need to build in a drive past by Pimmo's house :D

P1 LTD 19 February 2012 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by stucooper (Post 10491843)
All i can find is gilly in a leopard skin mankini haha

Damn how did that picture get out! :D

pimmo2000 19 February 2012 09:12 PM

buggers .. I can't get her insured on one or I would .. stupid clio ..

Scooby Jo 19 February 2012 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by P1 LTD (Post 10495789)
Damn how did that picture get out! :D

:lol:

Steve Subaru Parts 19 February 2012 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 10496141)
:lol:

Hi I think you need theas for them wheels

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-TUNER-...4#ht_730wt_922

Scooby Jo 19 February 2012 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by dylandjsteve (Post 10496316)
Hi I think you need theas for them wheels

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-TUNER-...4#ht_730wt_922

That's them, perfect, thank you :luxhello:

Scooby Jo 21 February 2012 08:24 PM

Ordered the tuner wheel nuts yesterday (thanks again:thumb:) so what happens while I'm waiting for Mr Postie to deliver and I can put my new wheels on:wonder: I get a flat on the way home :( I felt like doing this :brickwall

Bought one of those plug in tyre pumps before Christmas so I'm just gonna keep doing that for a couple of days - pain in the butt:razz:

stucooper 22 February 2012 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 10498941)
Ordered the tuner wheel nuts yesterday (thanks again:thumb:) so what happens while I'm waiting for Mr Postie to deliver and I can put my new wheels on:wonder: I get a flat on the way home :( I felt like doing this :brickwall

Bought one of those plug in tyre pumps before Christmas so I'm just gonna keep doing that for a couple of days - pain in the butt:razz:

If wall ain't damaged you cud get a repair done failing that tire guys will do you a cheap tire bout twenty quid

P1 LTD 22 February 2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 10498941)

Like stu said Jo if the tires not damaged! Just a nail in the tread you can get it repaired/plugged! I use Frank bath tire place on New Chester road by KFC normaly charge about a Tenner good bunch of lads down there :thumb:

Scooby Jo 22 February 2012 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by P1 LTD (Post 10500508)
Like stu said Jo if the tires not damaged! Just a nail in the tread you can get it repaired/plugged! I use Frank bath tire place on New Chester road by KFC normaly charge about a Tenner good bunch of lads down there :thumb:

Thanks guys, nuts arrived in the post today so new wheels are on :D They look cool :thumb: no photo yet, it was dark and pi$$sing down.

storminnorman 23 February 2012 03:43 PM

anyone going on nwc run on sunday might go if any other runners details on there site

stucooper 23 February 2012 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 10500599)
Thanks guys, nuts arrived in the post today so new wheels are on :D They look cool :thumb: no photo yet, it was dark and pi$$sing down.

Woo new shiny parts love it mite have a look if i pass yours on my taxi travels

my06 ppp silver 23 February 2012 10:49 PM

a big hello to you all! been a while i know, properly up the wall with funding my build but it will be worth it (keeps telling himself lol) looking forward to showing you all the finished results in june, and believe me, its gonna be sweeeeeet. btw, without attempting to turn this into a "buy my bits" thread, i still have a lot of nice stuff there for sale, so if anyone has any requests on the off chance just pm me for first dibs. oh, and keep that tunnel roaring boys/girls. see you soon people!

Scooby Jo 23 February 2012 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by stucooper (Post 10502777)
Woo new shiny parts love it mite have a look if i pass yours on my taxi travels

Good job your not in your Scoob, would really pi$$ my neighbours off, they think mine is loud, not a patch on yours :D

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver (Post 10502957)
a big hello to you all! been a while i know, properly up the wall with funding my build but it will be worth it (keeps telling himself lol) looking forward to showing you all the finished results in june, and believe me, its gonna be sweeeeeet. btw, without attempting to turn this into a "buy my bits" thread, i still have a lot of nice stuff there for sale, so if anyone has any requests on the off chance just pm me for first dibs. oh, and keep that tunnel roaring boys/girls. see you soon people!

Nice to hear from you Lee :luxhello: Been ages, rally last summer I think? Looking forward to seeing what you've done to your car :thumb:

stucooper 23 February 2012 11:16 PM

Just had a sneak peak in the mondeo lol looks nice Jo killer to keep clean tho as you will find out lol as for your spoiler shud be straight swap after its bin painted

stucooper 23 February 2012 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver (Post 10502957)

Hi mate any luck finding shell dipping company and you shud pop down to edge lane sometime Steve and rob drive hawks they mite want some stuff off yours