ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Sky Insurance - Scoobynet member discount (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/916368-sky-insurance-scoobynet-member-discount.html)

Barxy 10 October 2012 01:24 PM

Can i ask why the age limit is 25 and over for an impreza? As in whats the actual reasoning for it? I know this is a lot of insurance companies not just your self...

Just wondering really, as there are plently of cars out there that are fast and 'boy-racery', and could do just as much damage as an impreza.
Is it the stigma of them? Surely it cant just be the speed...

I had a Civic Type-R before the Impreza, and im sure im more sensible in my Impreza!

skyinsurance 10 October 2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by bigbruiseral (Post 10822430)
Some feed back for you, your customer service was very polite and helpfull, callback was spot on time but your price was over £200 more then the others like for like on here for 33yr with 10yr NCB owned the 330bhp wrx for 2 years in quite town in durham shame.

Hi,

thanks for giving us a try and apologies we were uncompetitive this time around for you, feel free to check back at any time.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

skyinsurance 10 October 2012 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Barxy (Post 10822576)
Can i ask why the age limit is 25 and over for an impreza? As in whats the actual reasoning for it? I know this is a lot of insurance companies not just your self...

Just wondering really, as there are plently of cars out there that are fast and 'boy-racery', and could do just as much damage as an impreza.
Is it the stigma of them? Surely it cant just be the speed...

I had a Civic Type-R before the Impreza, and im sure im more sensible in my Impreza!

It is all about claims/loss ratios - statistics. We have the same age restriction on all EVO VI's +, M3's and Skylines.
It is a good question, I understand why you ask it but with almost every insurance peculiarity, it all comes down to statistics, in a nutshell, under 25's do not make for good insurance risks on Imprezas.

Having said that, if we were presented with a 23/24 year old who had owned that Impreza claim free for a year or so, we may look at it.

Barxy 10 October 2012 02:21 PM

Fair point. I guessed it would be something like that.

Micksti 12 October 2012 06:22 PM

Insurance

Just Insured with Sky,

After having a quote from a number of other companies Sky beat all quotes by £200 with all mods declared. Excellent Service

Happy Days :thumb:

wilbo 09 November 2012 08:56 PM

Excellent price from Sam at Sky this week.

Beat my KM renewal price by nearly 20% and very good customer service.

:thumb:

Bean1984 10 November 2012 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by wilbo (Post 10862643)

Sounds like theyve changed mate. I had a debt collectors notice come threw from them for an insurance policy 4 years ago. Apparently i never paid them £15 pmsl

skyinsurance 10 November 2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bean1984 (Post 10862877)
Sounds like theyve changed mate. I had a debt collectors notice come threw from them for an insurance policy 4 years ago. Apparently i never paid them £15 pmsl

It will not be ourselves chasing the debt, it will be the finance company who you used to pay for the insurance at the time. I am however very surprised you are being chased for £15, if you wish to PM me your details I would be happy to look into this.

Thanks

skyinsurance 10 November 2012 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by wilbo (Post 10862643)

Thanks again :thumb:

Bean1984 10 November 2012 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by skyinsurance (Post 10862953)
It will not be ourselves chasing the debt, it will be the finance company who you used to pay for the insurance at the time. I am however very surprised you are being chased for £15, if you wish to PM me your details I would be happy to look into this.

Thanks

Cheers mate

Its cool. Im not gonna cry over £15. Ive paid it off now

micaredwrx 11 November 2012 09:51 AM

I needed to get my car insured yesterday so I could drive it 1st thing monday morning and as KM weren't open I gave Sam @ Sky a call.
The cost was a few pounds dearer than KM but as I needed it insuring right away I didn't mind. It was dealt with swiftly and Sam was very knowledgeable, All was going well until he took the full premium from my bank acct rather than the deposit! He told me this at the time and appolgised & promised the money would go straight back into my acct.
It didn't and now i've got £30 to my name & I need *beer, ciggys & petrol

*put in order of importance

NOT happy :mad:

skyinsurance 12 November 2012 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by micaredwrx (Post 10864065)
I needed to get my car insured yesterday so I could drive it 1st thing monday morning and as KM weren't open I gave Sam @ Sky a call.
The cost was a few pounds dearer than KM but as I needed it insuring right away I didn't mind. It was dealt with swiftly and Sam was very knowledgeable, All was going well until he took the full premium from my bank acct rather than the deposit! He told me this at the time and appolgised & promised the money would go straight back into my acct.
It didn't and now i've got £30 to my name & I need *beer, ciggys & petrol

*put in order of importance

NOT happy :mad:

Hi,

sorry to hear this and apologies for any inconvenience, we did process the refund straight away as soon as the error was spotted.

Please PM me if the funds are still not there.

Thanks

micaredwrx 12 November 2012 11:06 AM

I spoke to Sam this morning and it seems my money is out there somewhere just not in my acct. What annoys me most is that I got insured through Sky on Saturday so I could tax and mot my car today, I now can't do this so I might have well waited until today and insured with Kieth michaels and saved myself £75!!!

topshot 04 January 2013 12:12 PM

Just renewed mine with Sky for 3rd year. Cant fault the service, quick to get through to someone and matched my cheapest quote including my modifications :thumb::)

wilbo 04 January 2013 12:36 PM

Just going through an accident claim at the moment with my 2nd car which is also insured with sky insurance. They use an accident management company called Kindertons and got to say I am less than impressed so far, will certainly consider that come renewal time.

Orangio 04 January 2013 12:44 PM

Just got an online quote from Sky...

£2,462.96 :rolleyes:

That's alot more than what I've already paid for the year!

skyinsurance 05 January 2013 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by wilbo (Post 10930981)
Just going through an accident claim at the moment with my 2nd car which is also insured with sky insurance. They use an accident management company called Kindertons and got to say I am less than impressed so far, will certainly consider that come renewal time.

Hi,

I dropped you a PM so we can look into this and get it resolved.

Thank you

skyinsurance 05 January 2013 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Orangio (Post 10930991)
Just got an online quote from Sky...

£2,462.96 :rolleyes:

That's alot more than what I've already paid for the year!

Unfortunately that price indicated you do not fit our criteria. If you are aged 25 or over with 3 years NCB and keep the car in off road parking at the home address, feel free to call us on 0330 331250 to go through a quotation.

Thanks

skyinsurance 05 January 2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by topshot (Post 10930954)
Just renewed mine with Sky for 3rd year. Cant fault the service, quick to get through to someone and matched my cheapest quote including my modifications :thumb::)

Good stuff, thanks for the feedback.

salsa-king 11 January 2013 02:54 PM

just done an Online quote (quick quote) which doesn't include the mods on my car (19" allos and an ProR air panel filter)
Quote was just under £600

is it worth ringing to discuss?

Current insurance is only £535 with the mods (£350Xs)

on the phone now ;)

quote £636 but waiting for call/back to see if they can come better then that :)

skyinsurance 11 January 2013 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 10941148)

Current insurance is only £535 with the mods (£350Xs)

Hi,

having looked at your details, the £535 is very competitive and we would not be able to offer a more competitive price I'm afraid. Thanks for giving us a try and for posting.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

salsa-king 11 January 2013 03:06 PM

cheers, Luke's looking into it... but we'll see :)

Orangio 11 January 2013 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by skyinsurance (Post 10932111)
Unfortunately that price indicated you do not fit our criteria. If you are aged 25 or over with 3 years NCB and keep the car in off road parking at the home address, feel free to call us on 0330 331250 to go through a quotation.

Thanks

I am over 25 with over 3 years NCB but car is parked on road at home address.

So I'd need off road for you to be competitive?

skyinsurance 11 January 2013 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Orangio (Post 10941216)

So I'd need off road for you to be competitive?

Yes, I am afraid so.

salsa-king 11 January 2013 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by skyinsurance (Post 10941155)
Hi,

having looked at your details, the £535 is very competitive and we would not be able to offer a more competitive price I'm afraid. Thanks for giving us a try and for posting.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

I got an Email back with a quote of £574.04
would that then get the 20% discount for being a paid member of Midland Scoobies?

AzzDSM 18 January 2013 04:53 PM

Just got a quote of £997, nearly £300 cheaper than my renewal from km :thumb:

Turbo Tone 26 January 2013 06:55 PM

Ollie,

Bit of a quick question for you.

Currently insure my Impreza with Sky Insurance but have booked a holiday (in the UK) and dont want to take the Impreza as the fuel bill will double the cost of the holiday:cry:.

My parents have offered me their Peugeot 308 deisel for the week. Is it possible to set up some form of tempory insurance for the week on my current policy?

If so I can PM you the details.

Thanks in advance:luxhello:

skyinsurance 28 January 2013 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo Tone (Post 10962001)
Ollie,

Bit of a quick question for you.

Currently insure my Impreza with Sky Insurance but have booked a holiday (in the UK) and dont want to take the Impreza as the fuel bill will double the cost of the holiday:cry:.

My parents have offered me their Peugeot 308 deisel for the week. Is it possible to set up some form of tempory insurance for the week on my current policy?

If so I can PM you the details.

Thanks in advance:luxhello:

Hi,

the first port of call should be your parents' insurers to see if they can add you to the Peugeot policy, any problems with this, please call us on 03303 331250 as we have a couple of options.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Turbo Tone 28 January 2013 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by skyinsurance (Post 10964315)
Hi,

the first port of call should be your parents' insurers to see if they can add you to the Peugeot policy, any problems with this, please call us on 03303 331250 as we have a couple of options.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

That is what I said to them but if I had to make a claim it would go against their insurance.

Will give you a call at some point when I have my policy details to hand.

skyinsurance 28 January 2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Tone (Post 10964335)
That is what I said to them but if I had to make a claim it would go against their insurance.

Will give you a call at some point when I have my policy details to hand.

Hi,

if the car is insured elsewhere, our options are limited as we cannot insure the vehicle twice.

Apologies

Ollie