ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Obesity in Children (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/904268-obesity-in-children.html)

pimmo2000 07 September 2011 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10223571)
You can tell who the porkers are on this thread.

The MAC fans ?

JackClark 07 September 2011 07:08 AM

Big Mac fans.

Saint AAI 07 September 2011 07:16 AM

mmmmmmmm Big Mac (Drools)

Trout 07 September 2011 08:42 AM

If you watched Supersize Me there was a guy who only ate Big Macs, twice a day for years. He was super skinny - because he ate none of the crap that came with it.

Maybe his intake was the same as what he ate!! Something to think about!!

Trout 07 September 2011 08:44 AM

Where's Jef today?

Too busy tucking into to the biscuit barrel to post? Actually done some research and realised the truth of these bloody minded scientists and their damn research?

CREWJ 07 September 2011 08:46 AM

He can't be on 24/7 :lol1:

Trout 07 September 2011 08:54 AM

He had promised to post when he got to work last night :p

urban 07 September 2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by TinyTim (Post 10220648)
Is it wrong that I laughed LOUDLY at 1:30?

Hopefully not, because I also laughed at it too

Trout 07 September 2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 10221792)
As a young kid at school I spent most of the playground time chasing other kids around and rough and tumble games. Elf & Safety now pal, dear oh dear. No doubt my beloved soccer pitch has a Co-op built on it now..... Or a refuge for huge kids.....

dl

Originally Posted by jef (Post 10221805)
agree, unfortunatley,

health and safey inherited from american suing culture has had a major impact on childrens health

What utter crap - my kids are always outside playing, the school also has a its own pool and football field that is always being used. My five year old is a member of the football team and outside of that does Tai Kwan Do. The nursery for our younger son has loads of outdoor equipment and they maximise play outdoors all year around unless it is pissing down or too icy to be safe.

It's nothing to do with health and safety and all to do with indolent teachers and co-operative parents.

jef 07 September 2011 10:44 AM

sorry i know youve been missing me,

but on way to work, i kid you not, was starving, stopped and had, 2 chicken legends, 2 bigmacs, then half anhour later two of those fish burgers with fries and milkshake.

i honestly couldnt move my fingers up to the keyboard to start being a warrior

had to call it a night- btw had the other 2 portions of chips fro brekkie this morning

Jamz3k 07 September 2011 11:19 AM

Back when i was a kid, I remember playing soldiers and making huts in the "forests", building go-karts or just beating the **** out of eachother in the name of fun.

Can't see kids doing that now. Any wooded areas are now Housing estates, the streets are congested, so definitely no test piloting your go-kart and if you beat someone up the chances are your parents will get a solicitors letter.

Can't play soldiers on the street anymore? why not play COD instead!

Blame the adults.

TelBoy 07 September 2011 11:22 AM

You mean the sort of adults who spoil it for everyone, like those trying to dodge paying for a television licence? Honestly, have a word with yourself.

Jamz3k 07 September 2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10223811)
You mean the sort of adults who spoil it for everyone, like those trying to dodge paying for a television licence? Honestly, have a word with yourself.

Cheers for last weeks episode of Doctor Who.