ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   GOT THE SCUM! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/875512-got-the-scum.html)

gpssti4 28 February 2011 07:01 PM

Would be even better news if she had the car back in one piece.

Dingdongler 28 February 2011 07:31 PM

I'm late to this party so can anybody explain why the car wasn't insured?

sarasquares 28 February 2011 07:54 PM

DD, you have to just go along with it. :D

Short hand............ws selin it & ins run bt on drvway so no prbs bt nickd m kys & car gt bstd ha ha.

I am too scared to look in my emails. :lol1:

jods 28 February 2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by LC Geezer (Post 9908253)
I've read it again and again and I can't see any mention that anyone had seen the crime take place. I must be missing something somewhere. Please don't think I'm being antogonistic. I'm really not. Did someone witness it? Was there someone with information available? Maybe door to door enquiries might have revealed someone but there really isn't enough resource to do that for every crime. I wish there was because this country would be a much better place if we could rid ourselves of all this "low level" crime that we have to endure.

I read into the post that the annoyance was that the copper "assumed" no one saw it and tried to insist this was the case rather than unwedging his enormous donut enhanced backside out of his/her chair and getting out on the street to ask questions.

jods 28 February 2011 08:19 PM

SS - I hope the sh1tbags get a "new age" Judge who comes down HARD.
If the car isn't recovered - sell whatever property they have to compensate you in full.
If they can't raise enough THAT way. CICB pay you the balance. Scum suckers repay CICB at £5 a week. And they can't leave till it's all paid up. (I'd ALSO charge them £££ per week for Food and Board)

hutton_d 28 February 2011 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 9909012)
I read into the post that the annoyance was that the copper "assumed" no one saw it and tried to insist this was the case rather than unwedging his enormous donut enhanced backside out of his/her chair and getting out on the street to ask questions.

I was about to answer in the same fashion but couldn't have put it so "succinctly" ... :thumb: It was a "he" and even when I told him that there were lots of cars parked with people in them and a house across the road he STILL insisted there were no witnesses ... :wonder: I guess I shouldn't have called at the end of his shift!

Dave

PaulC72 28 February 2011 10:17 PM

SS glad they caught them and then bailed them to never be seen again..unlucky.

I hope you have more luck with getting your car back, although you may have to rebuild it as it is probably now a large meccano set.

But I suppose there is some good new in it all the police did do something right :-)

Turbohot 28 February 2011 10:29 PM

Great news that the barsturds have been caught. :thumb:

mart360 28 February 2011 11:21 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but getting caught doesn't mean jack...

I had a motorbike stolen, the thief was chased by the bib, crashed, and did a runner... as i turned up to recover the bike, they sent a police dog into the copse where the thief was last seen.

The dog struck gold, and the thief was caught.

whoopee f*kin do :(

It went to court, his brief gave some cock and bull about missing the last boat home, and he needed transport, yada yada...

He got done, but attempts to recover costs in court fell on deaf ears... i had insurance etc...

So i had a bike stolen, written off, and the balance of the finance to pay ( luckily the insurance covered that) and the scrote who did it , got community service...

So forgive me for being cynical

Mart

kingofturds 28 February 2011 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 9909456)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but getting caught doesn't mean jack...

I had a motorbike stolen, the thief was chased by the bib, crashed, and did a runner... as i turned up to recover the bike, they sent a police dog into the copse where the thief was last seen.

The dog struck gold, and the thief was caught.

whoopee f*kin do :(

It went to court, his brief gave some cock and bull about missing the last boat home, and he needed transport, yada yada...

He got done, but attempts to recover costs in court fell on deaf ears... i had insurance etc...

So i had a bike stolen, written off, and the balance of the finance to pay ( luckily the insurance covered that) and the scrote who did it , got community service...

So forgive me for being cynical

Mart

Sounds a bit like a case in the local paper not long ago. Poor Mr twoccer was out on tag, he opened the door to get some fresh air one night but alas the door blew shut locking him out. So he does what any law abiding citizen would do and steals a car to drive to the police station and notify them. Unfortunately the poor fella gets startled by a passing patrol car and he runs.
The judge buys this bollox and he gets off with a few more weeks under curfew:Whatever_

beastgtir 01 March 2011 02:50 AM

Glad they were caught, but its a shame the car hasnt been found!
Sad though, as you emailed me about my 06 premier that u wanted once yours was sold..

Seems to be a spate of Honda crooks, there was a few thefts on the itr-dc5 forum in similiar circumstances, one of the members car was found around east london.ilford i think.

scud8 01 March 2011 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by LC Geezer (Post 9908167)
An an ideal world, that would be great. Not that the poice are allowed to keep fingerprints or DNA of anyone who isn't actually convicted. But if DNA/fingerprint capture happened at every reported crime, there would be backlog of decades worth of investigations. It's just not practical sadly.

This is exactly the sort of apathetic response the general public, and more importantly, the criminal fraternity, expects from the police. Is it a surprise there is so much crime when the criminals know the police can't be bothered to look for any evidence. I'm sure you know the stats about the high proportion of crime that is committed by a small hardcore of offenders, so the excuse about not being able to keep DNA on file is crap. New York has shown that zero tolerance and energetic policing has a effect on crime levels, so following up on everything does not create a backlog, it shrinks it.

BlkKnight 01 March 2011 09:08 AM

If the car was parked on the driveway - is it covered under your household insurance under theft?

markjmd 01 March 2011 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by scud8 (Post 9909603)
'm sure you know the stats about the high proportion of crime that is committed by a small hardcore of offenders, so the excuse about not being able to keep DNA on file is crap.

I hadn't noticed LC Geezer's post until you just commented on it, but I damn near spat out my cornflakes when I finally did. It was barely a year ago that the EC Human Rights whatsit ruled against the UK government keeping millions upon millions of DNA samples from completely innocent, never convicted members of the public, which up until then the govt had planned to store indefinitely, and here we have the boys in blue saying they 'don't have the resources' to keep samples from bona fide 100% substantiated crime scenes!

They must take us for complete and utter idiots.

dpb 01 March 2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by BlkKnight (Post 9909667)
If the car was parked on the driveway - is it covered under your household insurance under theft?

if she'd paid her house insurance , maybe :(

Leslie 01 March 2011 11:05 AM

Looks like we now have to accept that the judiciary, which must be riddled with PC plonkers, now regards that those who carry out criminal acts are not really at fault at all, they do it because of their circumstances, and that the innocent deserve no regard at all since if they had not worked and earned their possessions as they did then the thieves would have had nothing to steal.

So it is really all our fault and probably they will progress to putting the innocent in gaol just for being there!

Les :(

corradoboy 01 March 2011 05:00 PM

Only read post #1, but great news Sara √

Maz 01 March 2011 05:32 PM

Good to hear the b@stards have been caught. Hopefully you may be able to recover something.:)

Maz 01 March 2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 9908049)

Hola DCI:D You do know Bill Murray was mentored by the Krays and they paid to put him through drama college.:eek:

bioforger 01 March 2011 09:32 PM

pah, my mates mum's boyfriend use to run one of their well known clubs and has the scars to prove it :)

Turbohot 01 March 2011 09:47 PM

One of my ancient mates used to be a mate to Krays. He also owned a club with them. Apparently, he had no idea what Krays got up to. He just minded his own business, he says. Krays loved him so much that they even mentioned him in their book. I didn't know that he was ever their bessy mate. I actually didn't even know who the Krays were either, then. I now know that they were like Grant and Phil from Eastenders.

vindaloo 02 March 2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 9911002)
One of my ancient mates used to be a mate to Krays. He also owned a club with them. Apparently, he had no idea what Krays got up to. He just minded his own business, he says. Krays loved him so much that they even mentioned him in their book. I didn't know that he was ever their bessy mate. I actually didn't even know who the Krays were either, then. I now know that they were like Grant and Phil from Eastenders.

I saw a documentary about them (Krays) the other year. One of their "team" explained how they'd listen to Police radios after a killing. "What, to hear if they knew it was you" asked the journo, "no, to know he was dead, otherwise you'd have go back and make sure...".

This guy was lucky to not quite meet them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...love-life.html

J.

bioforger 02 March 2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 9911002)

lol the mitchell characters are poofs compared to the krays.

markjmd 02 March 2011 07:57 PM

Since we've diverted off onto the subject of Reg and Ronnie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk1wUKoXL20

Brilliant song, even if the performer's not to everyone's tastes :thumb:

Scoob99 02 March 2011 09:07 PM

Great news Sara:thumb:

FlightMan 02 March 2011 09:23 PM

Good news Squaresy!

legb4rsk 02 March 2011 09:59 PM

By the effort put in by some of the Police mentioned in this & other posts, maybe they need a slogan on their cars like in the USA.

'To Shirk and Protract'