ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stealing a Scooby (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/867343-stealing-a-scooby.html)

ALi-B 14 February 2011 11:29 AM

Forget electronic security IMO.

Nothing says "f*ck off you theiving scroat" like a big yellow disklok and wheelclamp. They can see it, so know what they are in for. And will likely go for a easier target (or break in your house for the keys).

A flashing LED does naff all to deter them. Never has done, never will.

Oh yes, if you have a garage (within earshot of your bedroom window); use it! People can't nick what they can't see; Leaving a nice car parked infront of the house is like an advert saying "this house has my car keys inside". My mate parks his scoob on his neighbour's drive (I wouldn't want to be his neighbour, but they are bit dim, so he's took advantage of that ;) )

Paulo P 14 February 2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9880506)
It should drive ok off boost with a stock ECU assuming the loom is not modded.

Doubt it would start because it has a different MAF & bigger injectors, could be wrong though.

serega 14 February 2011 11:42 AM

Thanks mate but yeah, cant believe noone wanted to buy it from me when the time came for me to sell it, was a really nice car and someone could have had a real bargain, shame that.

Been a long road with this car really, but my subaru experience is not over yet ! i'll be posting up more stuff soon in a different topic :thumb:

Whats new with you ? Throw me a pm )

EH52WRX 14 February 2011 11:45 AM

I am going bigger again, i just cant help myself. Going for over 500bhp this time. And that will do for a wee while. It will be good to see what you do next time around.

DoZZa 14 February 2011 02:05 PM

Regarding trackers.

Would you really want your car back after it had been ragged by joyriders/thieves?

I know I wouldn't.

And it is also quite apparent that some tracker technology can be brought to its knees by using a simple cheap and easily available radio transmitter.

scottwootton 14 February 2011 03:25 PM

these seem like a pretty good deterant:nono:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__quick...=228459_228459

urban 14 February 2011 03:38 PM

That'll also put your insurance premium up quite a bit I would have thought.

ditchmyster 31 March 2015 05:21 PM

:lol1:

neil-h 31 March 2015 05:49 PM

Seriously. Why do people do it? :facepalm:

ditchmyster 31 March 2015 06:16 PM

Look at the date of the thread for a clue.:lol1:

scooby k 31 March 2015 07:33 PM

Is the rates of scoobies being stolen high. There are a lot more even standard expensive cars to steel so don't understand why people go for them.

scoobyboy1 31 March 2015 08:15 PM

Well having just had my Mk7 Golf R stolen 48 hours ago, I'll try and give you some advice, Personally Make your house as secure as you can and slow them down as much as you can, most cars now days are stolen with the key, My backdoor was broken into while I was asleep and the keys took of the dining room table, I found that leaving the keys in a place that the thieves could quickly find it, stopped them coming up the stairs and well attacking me or my family(obliviously hide the keys from the view of the windows, but easy to spot once in your house)

If they want your car, they will get it, just make it harder for them to get in your house, Unfortunately something like this has happened to me to realise that I need extra security in my house, but I would not put my family in danger for the sake of a car(that's why I pay insurance)!!!

Also as already mentioned, snap proof cylinder locks in your doors, as to break into my house they put a set of mole grips on the cylinder lock and gave it a tug and snapped the cylinder and got in that way!!

scooby k 31 March 2015 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11657217)
Well having just had my Mk7 Golf R stolen 48 hours ago, I'll try and give you some advice, Personally Make your house as secure as you can and slow them down as much as you can, most cars now days are stolen with the key, My backdoor was broken into while I was asleep and the keys took of the dining room table, I found that leaving the keys in a place that the thieves could quickly find it, stopped them coming up the stairs and well attacking me or my family(obliviously hide the keys from the view of the windows, but easy to spot once in your house)

If they want your car, they will get it, just make it harder for them to get in your house, Unfortunately something like this has happened to me to realise that I need extra security in my house, but I would not put my family in danger for the sake of a car(that's why I pay insurance)!!!

Also as already mentioned, snap proof cylinder locks in your doors, as to break into my house they put a set of mole grips on the cylinder lock and gave it a tug and snapped the cylinder and got in that way!!

I feel sorry for you mate. Gud to hear you and your family are safe. These scum need to have their hands and legs broken.