ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Good flamer kits? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/860323-good-flamer-kits.html)

wimpy 18 November 2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by nickscooby (Post 9719854)
I dont think any car that comes out of the factory with gold wheels takes itself too seriously anyway.

:lol::thumb:

Martin 2010 18 November 2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by wimpy (Post 9719759)
Totaly agree with you. I am sure over 50% of the people that attend tunnel runs do so to make as much noise and as many flames as they can. Around 200 cars can attend these events and are they chavs? no they are cars and owners doing what they enjoy. I have had my flamer on mibe for 5 years now and will keep it on there for as long as I own the car. When i had mine fitted there was a 10 day waiting list for these to be done in time for a tunnel run not to me that speaks for its self. To the OP go for it mate £30 off ebay for millions of smiles makes it worth while. I say lets see all your flamer pics :thumb::hjtwofing

:thumb: :luxhello:

Originally Posted by nickscooby (Post 9719854)
Damn straight!!

Like a few people have already said, Imprezas have a bad rep anyway. when ever i tell people i have one the first thing they call me is a chavvy *******.

so what, i dont think any car that comes out of the factory with gold wheels takes itself too seriously anyway.

:lol: Very true, at the end of the day who buys a road legal rally car and not want to stand out n show off a little ( dont get me wrong i know theres a lot of enjoyment from just driving them also.) :D every one has there own taste etc, dont get me wrong i am not some one that likes fiber glass body kits spinners M3 mirrors lexus lights etc on a corsa or a saxo etc blah blah blah, but a scooby along with most jap turbo cars all suit a nice flame shooting out every now n then:luxhello::thumb: :D

RA Dunk 18 November 2010 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Martin 2010 (Post 9719920)

Very true, at the end of the day who buys a road legal rally car

Rally cars lol :freak3:

Wilky_Boy 18 November 2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by no_more_oil (Post 9719654)
I think a few people are forgetting that to many many people ANY Impreza is classed as a chav chariot. you may not like it but your exquisite piece of engineering with £30K in the engine and rolling chassis alone... is to some just a chav mobile.

I run an newage STi fully forged blah blah blah - everything done right. its had about £20K extra put in to it none of it obviously visible on the outside. BUT even in standard exterior trim I'm under no illusion as to what it looks like to some. No stickers, no neon (wtf), set up for the track but it is what it is. Don't worry about what it looks like... to 'some' Porsche/BMW/Ferrari drivers we all look like dicks. I don't care what they think... I love mine and when I beat new GT3s on track I go to sleep smiling and dreaming of my car not theirs. I also dream about people who own £80k motors crying! ;) :thumb:

Guy wants a flamer kit? Good luck to him, its his car and his money. At the end of the day his 'image' doesn't affect mine or yours. :cool:

Like some others I prefer constructive advice though... So on that note my advice is flamers aren't really very impressive, so get a str8 through 3", save up for a simtec and map a moderate anti-lag or a little rich maybe. I think you'll find the effect will be MUCH MORE to your liking mate. :)

Good luck.

Damn well said mate. :thumb:

Alan Jeffery 18 November 2010 08:34 PM

Devon flamer kit test ends in failure
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ffery/Fire.jpg

Note the effect of cut backs forcing our Firemen to take drastic measures.

ginger321 18 November 2010 11:59 PM

if you could switch it on and off then you could use it to scare off a tail gater:007:

bigarf 19 November 2010 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by ginger321 (Post 9720916)
if you could switch it on and off then you could use it to scare off a tail gater:007:

then you might even get a nice srtetch in prison for setting his car alight and all that was in it.

JBala 19 November 2010 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by wimpy (Post 9719734)
How to spot a chav car

You may be wondering how to spot a chav car. ****ing imbecile, it's not hard. Anyhow, just in case you are; here are ten ways to spot a chav and his chav-mobile.

1 - The chav will most probably be wearing burbarry and cheap gold from Argos. Remember, they have no taste and it gives them away.

2 - The chav will stare at you, because he thinks he's hard. He's not. He's a ****. Be sure to tell him so. "Oi, chav... yer a ****!" should do the trick.

3 - His car will be ****. This one's a giveaway sign. He'll drive a small, cheap car because that's all his benefit, or fudge packing job will allow him to buy. He will think he's driving a Subaru Impreza, he's not. Tell him so.

4 - His car will have lights on it that flash in sequence. It's a special code that means 'I am a ****, with a **** car. Laugh at me and tell me so".

5 - He'll be a ****.

6 - When he sits in his car, he will barely be able to see over the steering wheel. This is because he is a ****, and is under the impression that by lowering his seat he somehow looks 'cool'. He doesn't... don't forget to tell him so.

7 - His car will sound like your dad's hedge trimmer. This is because he's fitted a Halfords exhaust on a car with a tiny engine. He thinks it makes his car sound powerful. It doesn't. You know what to do.

8 - The chav moves in herds for protection. You will find them in McDonalds car parks, and other areas where they can gather to congratulate each other on their impressive beasts. This is a good opportunity to strike, scattering them as they flee in terror.

9 - Don't forget, the chav is a ****.

10 - Finally, and most importantly, the chav drives a very slow car, but is under the mis-guided impression that it's fast. Race him, he will most likely kill himself as the weight of his fibreglass add-ons cause his car to topple on bends. Remember, the more chavs you kill, the more bouqets of flowers are left on roadsides.

This made me smile.

LOL! :thumb:

That was awesome! Nearly fell off my chair at work...

wimpy 19 November 2010 11:01 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumb:

nickscooby 19 November 2010 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by bigarf (Post 9720994)
then you might even get a nice srtetch in prison for setting his car alight and all that was in it.

if they were close enough for a quick lick of flame to set their car alight then they deserve it. :hjtwofing

no sympathy for tail gaters, there is no need for it, if you're in that much of a rush you should have left earlier! :nono:

wimpy 19 November 2010 12:21 PM

Very true. Its always good fun to see the car all of a sudden back off your rear end. I have even had people ask me to do it again so they can get a picture. lol.