ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ridiculous tall tales from a work colleague (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/857398-ridiculous-tall-tales-from-a-work-colleague.html)

JAutos 29 October 2010 11:20 AM

Just had a good one from a guy lol, apparantly he regularly plays poker on a table with 20 players, now anybody see an issue with this, 52 cards in a deck 20 players would take 40 cards and leave nothing to play with lol, a few of us told him that this cant happen, but he insists he plays it. Its 10 maximum lol. he reckons its a pub organised game as well

what would scooby do 29 October 2010 12:04 PM

You won't believe this one.

Friend said he owned a Subaru Impreza and it was very fast and a classy, quality car.

Can you believe that - honest to mythical deity - whatever next !!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...oil/bbs/06.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...bs/popcorn.gif

what would scooby do 29 October 2010 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by JAutos (Post 9682307)
Just had a good one from a guy lol, apparantly he regularly plays poker on a table with 20 players, now anybody see an issue with this, 52 cards in a deck 20 players would take 40 cards and leave nothing to play with lol, a few of us told him that this cant happen, but he insists he plays it. Its 10 maximum lol. he reckons its a pub organised game as well

texas holdem can be played with 20 players

JAutos 29 October 2010 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9682378)
texas holdem can be played with 20 players

LOL try reading the WPT rules book maximum of 10 palyers per table.

JAutos 29 October 2010 12:20 PM

76% of the deck is dealt out to the 20 players if there if 20 while in theory there is enough cards there isnt enough to give all the 20 players chance to make a hand, hence rule maximum of 10 per table. 40 from 52 cards are dealt 3 are burnt that only leaves 9 cards 5 are shared cards only 4 left from a full deck. Rules are Rules

what would scooby do 29 October 2010 12:59 PM

Who cares about rules ? :cuckoo:

JAutos 29 October 2010 01:02 PM

people who play poker correctly !

belliott69 29 October 2010 02:58 PM

who cares about poker, gambling is only one step away from being a fully fledged politician.

JAutos 29 October 2010 03:30 PM

everbody to their own mate, i play every friday with mates £10 a man, so if i lose its not the end of the world,

wayne9t9 29 October 2010 05:26 PM

Back on topic. Bloke I worked with told me he went hunting with a bow and arrow. He was walking around a small lake when he spotted a rabbit on the other side. He drew his bow and as he shot the arrow a salmon jumped from the surface of the water. The arrow hit the salmon then continued on to hit the rabbit. He dined well that night, and all told with a straight face :lol1:

JAutos 29 October 2010 05:38 PM

I find these storys so funny only thing i think is yes they are all far fetched and we jump staright to is bullsh**t but a small number of them may be true very few obviously but you never know, i bet there is at least one of these poor people who have been ridiculed for their story when it was actually true haha

Myles 29 October 2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9 (Post 9683023)
Back on topic. Bloke I worked with told me he went hunting with a bow and arrow. He was walking around a small lake when he spotted a rabbit on the other side. He drew his bow and as he shot the arrow a salmon jumped from the surface of the water. The arrow hit the salmon then continued on to hit the rabbit. He dined well that night, and all told with a straight face :lol1:

He stole that story from me, apart from the fact it was a vole and stickleback and I was riding past on my World Superbike, which I was test riding at the time.

This thread is genius......:thumb:

Leslie 30 October 2010 11:25 AM

The amazing thing is that they think everyone believes them.

Les

davyboy 07 December 2010 07:51 PM

We had a new one today. Absolute classic.

He did a sponsored swim on Sunday, the same distance as crossing the channel but indoors......and he managed the 21 miles in a time of 4 hours 20.

The fastest channel swim in 6.57....so he'd be in with a shout of that.

Not only that, BUT he would be the fastest swimmer in the world.......at any distance! Incredible!

Moley 07 December 2010 08:25 PM

Lol, brilliant :lol1:

TurboAndy 07 December 2010 08:55 PM

I used to work with a lad years ago who we all knew lied though his teath but we then learnt that there is a disorder that some people have where they lie about stuff, ie make up storys, and that person really thinks it happened or is happening.

what would scooby do 07 December 2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by TurboAndy (Post 9754069)
I used to work with a lad years ago who we all knew lied though his teath but we then learnt that there is a disorder that some people have where they lie about stuff, ie make up storys, and that person really thinks it happened or is happening.

Yeah medical term is called "Being an idiot"

HTH

:D

fitzscoob 07 December 2010 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9754077)
Yeah medical term is called "Being an idiot"

HTH

:D

Isnt the latin term "speakus bollocks maximus"?

JTaylor 07 December 2010 09:26 PM

Back on topic. Bloke I worked with told me he went hunting with a bow and arrow. He was walking around a small lake when he spotted a rabbit on the other side. He drew his bow and as he shot the arrow a salmon jumped from the surface of the water. The arrow hit the salmon then continued on to hit the rabbit. He dined well that night, and all
told with a straight face :lol1:

:lol1:

Simon C 07 December 2010 09:28 PM

Some off that is actually plausable. My kit will put an arrow through a fish, then a rabbit with easy. Hell, it would go through a knight in armour!

The senario you say though is highly implausable as salmon prefer moving water.

JTaylor 07 December 2010 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 9754157)
Some off that is actually plausable. My kit will put an arrow through a fish, then a rabbit with easy. Hell, it would go through a knight in armour!

I wish you'd said that couple of weeks back, I've gone and splashed out on a crowbar now. :Whatever_

pinkypurkhardt 07 December 2010 09:59 PM

guy at my work swears he goes drifting at the weekends his car is front wheel drive and an automatic and swears he is in a music video doing donuts in a dodge viper also he dj's in ibiza in the summer and is the army enduro racing champ (he does have the bike and a broken rist lol but no trophy)

f1_fan 07 December 2010 11:24 PM

To be fair just being able to dream that up is genius :D

Leslie 08 December 2010 03:07 PM

If you ignore what they say and talk about something else instead, they usually give up.

Les

Bubba po 08 December 2010 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 9754157)

I was going to believe it until you pointed that out.

Olly 08 December 2010 05:38 PM

Anyone care to dig out the "just ordered a Ferarri F360" thread from years ago?

Hilarious IIRC.

mamoon2 08 December 2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Olly (Post 9755425)

Hilarious IIRC.

Please do... I've don't remember it and these stories are great :D

dazdavies 08 December 2010 09:26 PM

LOL quality thread. Reminds me of a lad I went to college with. he tried convincing us all he was Jamie Redknapp's cousin.

A few weeks later we're all in the pub one sunday afternoon watching footy when one of the players (Redknapp) had the camera close up to him. The lad in question turns round and genuinely asked "Who's that?" One of the other lads quick as a flash says "that's your f*cking cousin Jenkins" The rest of the pub just cracked up. It was absolutely priceless and one of those pure comedy moments that I will never forget. Jenkins, the gobsh*te he was, got totally and utterly busted.

Markus 09 December 2010 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Olly (Post 9755425)

Hilarious IIRC.

You mean this one? Perhaps add in a thread or two from StuartH as well :D