ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I'm going to be a dad! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/819299-im-going-to-be-a-dad.html)

Ant 16 April 2010 11:04 AM

She bought a nappy wrapper :s link them all together to look like sausages lol.

I'm after them electric rockers so I can get some xbox time in when he/she comes along

Trout 16 April 2010 12:09 PM

We bought a nappy wrapper too - used it like twice then just put them in the bin like normal people.

You will spend a lot of money over the next six months buying stuff (your wife will go into nesting overdrive) that you will never use. Or you may use for the first baby and then if you ever have another will never use as the novelty has worn off and you realise you don't really need it.

Travelling with first baby you will need to hire a trailer and spend four or five hours planning a trip to the shops with military precision.

Once you have another and have calmed down a bit, a bag and a buggy in two minutes.

Trout 16 April 2010 12:09 PM

We bought a nappy wrapper too - used it like twice then just put them in the bin like normal people.

You will spend a lot of money over the next six months buying stuff (your wife will go into nesting overdrive) that you will never use. Or you may use for the first baby and then if you ever have another will never use as the novelty has worn off and you realise you don't really need it.

Travelling with first baby you will need to hire a trailer and spend four or five hours planning a trip to the shops with military precision.

Once you have another and have calmed down a bit, a bag and a buggy in two minutes.

Ant 16 April 2010 01:51 PM

Anyone reccomend a travel system pram? We don't have a clue what to look for

SJ_Skyline 16 April 2010 03:48 PM

We've had a Jane powertwin from the start, can't really fault it - fits in the car, had infant car seats which detached for toddler seats and it's still going strong. The single version of the same pram is equally good. :thumb:

Ant 28 June 2010 09:16 AM

Just update had 20 week scan last week and we're expecting a little girl! I'm having flash forwards 16 years ahead already haha

Leslie 28 June 2010 10:39 AM

Why shouldn't he shout about it-something to be proud of and to look forward to of course.

Les :)

Ant 28 June 2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9469300)
Why shouldn't he shout about it-something to be proud of and to look forward to of course.

Am i missing something or has someone deleted their post or I'm on someones ignore list? :lol1:

Hysteria1983 28 June 2010 11:42 AM

With regards to buggies... Phil&teds all the way.
It has a carry cot so baby lies flat from birth. It's also a single AND a double.
It was the best money I ever spent on baby items.

Nappy wrappers are ok, if you intend to take baby upstairs for every change, which is anything from 8-10 times at first. That with all the sick and general mess, your up and down like a mad fool!

Ant 28 June 2010 12:07 PM

The pram is sorted now ended up with a silvercross 3D. But thanks for your advice.

Leslie 28 June 2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9469313)
Am i missing something or has someone deleted their post or I'm on someones ignore list? :lol1:

Not at all. I was agreeing with Hysteria in an earlier post who said that too.

Ant 28 June 2010 01:28 PM

My mistake I tend to automatically glaze over them sort of posts. :)