ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Bugs / Feature Requests Archive (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/)
-   -   Unread threads not in bold? (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/744928-unread-threads-not-in-bold.html)

Evolution Stu 23 February 2009 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 8533700)
Stu,

I rarely use SN now, because it's fucked.

Admit it, IB don't know what they're doing.

Everything is stilll goosed, so you can pontificate all you want.

NO important issues are being dealt with. WTF do IB do all night?

LOL. Ok Micky.

mickywrx 23 February 2009 11:37 PM

Patronising. :Whatever_

Get the fecking IT bods to fix it!

Or feck off to a BMW forum. :p

In all seriousness though, there's too much wrong and not enough getting fixed.

I don't care how long it took for PF, it's a shoit to look at site.. just like Migweb.

Oh and your new smilies suck. :hjtwofing:D

bioforger 23 February 2009 11:39 PM

Don't sit on the fence eh Micky :)

Evolution Stu 23 February 2009 11:40 PM

Ok Micky.

Odds on 25 February 2009 01:37 AM

Could you get this reinstated please Stu? As a bit of a 'channel hopper' its not very helpful.

Even going to cook dinner results in all forums read.

We'll get you a pint if you sort it. :thumb: :D

Sonic' 25 February 2009 12:42 PM

Agreed

It is very frustrating leaving the site open for ten minutes whilst I go make a brew etc to come back and find all the threads marked as read

getting to the point where I cant be bothered looking at threads anymore

Evolution Stu 25 February 2009 12:50 PM

Ive flagged this as urgent guys, hang in there, Ive been trying to to detract from other mods with minor issues but if you guys think they are no longer Minor then lets revisit them.

Fingers crossed we will be running the new software before weekend. :D

mit 25 February 2009 12:52 PM

Excellent! :thumb:

Sonic' 25 February 2009 12:52 PM

Thanks Stu :thumb:

Evolution Stu 25 February 2009 02:08 PM

Thanks Guys,
I know it must seem like nothing much is getting done but behind the scenes there are a lot of changes taking place which should have transposed into noticeable speed increases for most of you.

Its weird working in a corporate environment in as much as i have to file an official fault report which is picked up by person X and then put in a Que to be actioned by technician Y. Its can take time, but always gets done one way or another.

The new software should be Te end of our problems for good. It certainly was for PF, which is ultra fast and reliable now.

Odds on 25 February 2009 06:55 PM

:thumb:

mit 25 February 2009 06:59 PM

SN is definitely faster, hats off for that!

mickywrx 26 February 2009 11:35 PM

Thanks Stu.

It will, I'm sure be difficult for you, relaying "Fix This" to the powers that be.

It is appreciated though.:thumb:

Still don't like the new smilies though. :p

Evolution Stu 26 February 2009 11:49 PM

Thanks Micky, you love them really... :pchit: ;)

Between you, me and anyone reading, tomorrow night should be a big night for SN.

mickywrx 27 February 2009 03:24 PM

You would go and choose a Friday night wouldn't you.

I'll have to talk to Lisa now. :lol1:

XRS 28 February 2009 09:48 AM

Are we on the new version of the software now? I only ask because after leaving S'net open for a few (around 10) minutes it has taken upon itself to mark all threads read :(

Sonic' 28 February 2009 09:52 AM

I dont think anything has been done, SN didnt go off yesterday or last night as mentioned in the banner notice

So I dont think the work got carried out, it certainly doesnt seem or look any different

Evolution Stu 28 February 2009 09:29 PM

Was tested briefly and it highlighted further issues to be resolved relating to speed. The issue should be resolved for Monday as per the new notice.

XRS 03 March 2009 03:23 PM

Just a quick note to say that the same issues that appeared last week arestill happening with the new software. The orange "new post" logo has gone altogether. I used to be able to dip in to a particular thread, read it and come back to S'net the following day, and so long as I hadn't marked all threads read I could view the threads I didn't have time for on the previous visit. It was a great system.

bioforger 04 March 2009 07:44 PM

Same here alot of threads are being marked as read still, when they have had updates I haven't read yet. I only know this as I can see them in my subscribed threads.

Otherwise some great improvements :thumb:

Milamber 05 March 2009 11:09 PM

nothing has changed for me on this front since the upgrade..

Dream Weaver 06 March 2009 03:50 PM

Still the same here, and now slower than its been for a few years as well :(

Is someone at IB colour blind as well, orange text on a grey background!!! :D

mit 06 March 2009 05:44 PM

Yeah, and I'm getting fed up with the subscribed unread posts being removed from my user cp. I don't always read them right away, as i use my phone on sn, i don't open the posts with high pic content, by the time i get home to read them, they've gone!

Odds on 09 March 2009 11:41 AM

Any news on when this will be fixed Stu? Its becoming really annoying now. Surely this must be costing IB user traffic? I know I don't spend as much time here. :confused:

Evolution Stu 09 March 2009 01:51 PM

Sorry guys, will chase them about this again.