ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Biggest on day fall in the ftse EVER! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/716837-biggest-on-day-fall-in-the-ftse-ever.html)

Midlife...... 09 October 2008 04:37 PM

Les

It's not just councils

I see a lot of police forces had millions squirelled away at ICESAVE and that TfL had £40 million invested in ICESAVE.......... what on earth are they doing with my taxpayers money !!

Shaun

dpb 09 October 2008 05:31 PM

Ooooh dear some folks council taxes increasing a bit next year ..!

still at least theyll be safe in the knowledge they own a little bit of iceland :lol1:

Deep Singh 10 October 2008 10:51 AM

Down another 6%:eek2:

jacrobat 10 October 2008 10:57 AM

It is only money...

Leslie 10 October 2008 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 8187992)
Les

It's not just councils

I see a lot of police forces had millions squirelled away at ICESAVE and that TfL had £40 million invested in ICESAVE.......... what on earth are they doing with my taxpayers money !!

Shaun

So its even worse then. Turns out it was through the advice of our government too.

Makes you think too about the constant council tax increases when they had so much cash on their hands.

Les :(

alloy 10 October 2008 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh (Post 8189428)
Down another 6%:eek2:

only if you're a victim of the folly, you can also profit from the volatility....

today my trades were up 35.94% so equip yourself wisely ;)

jonc 10 October 2008 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by RyanSTI (Post 8180302)
yer if the financial boys hadnt ballsed up in the first place we wouldnt be in this mess. as above, i for one dont really care, i just want to get on with it as normal.

Not all the blame lies with the traders/mortgage advisors. People who took out mortages that they couldn't hope to pay if rates went up and people who exaggerated their income on their mortgage applications have to bare some of the responsibilities. Ok the lenders should have had more thorough checks, but these people also knew what they were doing when they took on the debt.

Nobody complained when the borrowed and remortgaged to buy their houses, extension on their house, build up their property portfolio and become landlords, drive nice cars, wear nice clothes, have massive plasma TVs and take exotic holidays etc.

Then we get the same tax paying people complaining because the Government are using tax payers money to bail out the banks and while traders get paid massive bonuses. Contrary to popular belief, not all traders get big bonuses. But even if they did, so what, they make far in excess for their employers than they are paid. Wouldn't you like to be rewarded if you made several hundred million for your employer? Likewise they don't get a bonus if they don't make money.

If these people didn't exaggerate their income and/or take on debts they couldn't hope to settle, then we wouldn't have a sub prime.

Deep Singh 11 October 2008 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by alloy (Post 8190907)
only if you're a victim of the folly, you can also profit from the volatility....

today my trades were up 35.94% so equip yourself wisely ;)

I'm perfected well equipped, thank you for asking...:thumb:

unclebuck 11 October 2008 12:37 AM

There's a lot of sh*t talked on forums.

....Most of it on this one.....

durr.... :)

fast bloke 11 October 2008 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 8191183)

Much of it by you mostly :)

SiPie 11 October 2008 01:09 AM

Much of it by you mostly
Just what I've thought for years :thumb:

fast bloke 11 October 2008 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 8191214)
Just what I've thought for years :thumb:

Sometimes i think UB and PSL are the same person :D

paulr 11 October 2008 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 8191183)

Its on nearly every forum. Archair experts of the world unite.

lozgti 13 October 2008 01:58 PM

Wahoo! It's soaring this morning!

Oh,hang on.......It's coming down again.

(makes me smile when they say '6% up!!!!' and forget to mention 'as against the 35% it lost).