ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Out of touch. Out of office. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/689341-out-of-touch-out-of-office.html)

Terminator X 24 May 2008 12:57 AM

Agreed! I wrote to A Darling & suggested this a few months ago ... not heard back from him as yet :mad:

TX.

Originally Posted by borat52 (Post 7891415)
If I were in power I'd have capped the average petrol/diesel price at 99p/litre by reducing the duty on it/removing the VAT until either the price came down or the economy showed signs of recovery.

Terminator X 24 May 2008 12:59 AM

Really?! Supplies will not "run out" for a long time yet. I'd expect prices to rise sharply as oil reserves run out however we are nowhere near that today ...

TX.

Originally Posted by borat52 (Post 7891422)
Ultimately the world is demanding more oil than ever and supply is not growing, hence price increases.

daddyscoob 24 May 2008 01:17 AM

Great post.... anyone notice it even got Telboy out of his hidey hole :notworthy over 75k posts :luxhello:

Oh yeh f**K me isn't petrol expensive

phil_wrx 24 May 2008 03:05 AM

i dont care, reduce fuel tax and cut council tax

Leslie 24 May 2008 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7891381)
Problem is, I would trust the average man in the street to run a piss up in a brewery, let alone the country.

If you want top people, you have to pay top wages. Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

But that is exactly what we have got Pete. They are all grossly incompetent except when it comes to feathering their own nests and handing out non jobs all over the place so that they can use our taxes to effectively buy votes. Can you honestly say that you believe a word of what they are telling us?

Les

scoobynutta555 24 May 2008 11:11 AM

I expect in the short term that oil prices will collapse. There's a whiff over artificially high pricing on a resource although finite is plentiful at the moment. I suspect there's a lot of people jumping on the latest investment bonanza hoping to get rich quick. The economics don't make much sense for a prolonged very high price in oil. It's risen four, fivefold over a very short period of time and this can't be due to demand and supply bottlenecks alone.

Still, on the flipside we'll all be driving more efficient vehicles quite soon, a drastic level of emissions and pollution is always welcome :) Will be interesting to see a new generation of electric cars, much like the Telsa etc.

borat52 24 May 2008 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 7893269)
Really?! Supplies will not "run out" for a long time yet. I'd expect prices to rise sharply as oil reserves run out however we are nowhere near that today ...

TX.

I see where your coming from, in terms of oil in the ground there is pleanty (for the coming decades at least), but the actual capacity to extract that oil to the surface (the day to day supply) is not growing at the present time. In contrast the world is consuming more oil on a day to day basis than ever before. If we could pump more (and opec agreed to it) then the price would fall.