ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Executions... what do you think? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/686231-executions-what-do-you-think.html)

PeteBrant 08 May 2008 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Suresh (Post 7861954)
If life meant life, then I'd be happy.

I think it does for the very worst in society with no hope of either rehabilitation or having commited dreadful crimes.

Ian Huntley will never get out. Nor will Dennis Nielsen or such like.

Suresh 08 May 2008 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7861989)
I think it does for the very worst in society with no hope of either rehabilitation or having commited dreadful crimes.

Ian Huntley will never get out. Nor will Dennis Nielsen or such like.

Unfortunately the lads who did for poor James Bulger :( are out and about aren't they? :mad:

Holy Ghost 09 May 2008 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Suresh (Post 7862010)
Unfortunately the lads who did for poor James Bulger :( are out and about aren't they? :mad:

ba-booosh! with new identities and taxpayer support. that's a sliding tackle. and huntley's bird? consistency, reliability and justice pete - for the worst. that's all we ask. and i'm sorry, but an insanity plea just won't cut the mustard. lock. key. bye bye.

gazza-uk 09 May 2008 12:24 AM

no point in voting, he's brown bread now..

PeteBrant 09 May 2008 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Suresh (Post 7862010)

Are you suggesting that at 13 you are beyond rehaibilitation? Or that you have full responsbility for your actions?

What Venables and Thompson did was horrible beyond belief. But you could not possibly lock them up for the rest of thier lives.

Wurzel 09 May 2008 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7862296)

What Venables and Thompson did was horrible beyond belief. But you could not possibly lock them up for the rest of thier lives.

Why not? they went to a shopping centre found a toddler, lured him away, tortured him for hours then murdered him. They knew exactly what they were doing. How you can put this down to an adolescent prank or two youngsters who can't be held responsible for their actions as they are under 16 is stupid.

They should be locked up for life i.e. die in prison, not given new identities at tax payers expense. They have their whole life in front of them now whilst the toddlers mother has nothing.

mrtheedge2u2 09 May 2008 10:26 AM

Good point Mart.... and very good point Wurzel.

PeteBrant 09 May 2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 7862453)
Why not? they went to a shopping centre found a toddler, lured him away, tortured him for hours then murdered him. They knew exactly what they were doing. How you can put this down to an adolescent prank or two youngsters who can't be held responsible for their actions as they are under 16 is stupid.

By that logic, then you support the lowering of the age of consent? That you should be able to vote at 13?

You should be able to work? Marry? Buy a house? Drink? Smoke?...

What you are saying is that at 13 you are responsible enough to face the full consequences of your actions. You also have the development in order to make concious life altering decisions.

If you think that 13 is old enough to have the full force of the law lock you up for the rest of your life, then the flip side of that is that at 13, you are an "adult".

myblackwrx 09 May 2008 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by phil_wrx (Post 7861895)
3 WORDS PEOPLE ..............

THE RUNNING MAN

http://www.dvdactive.com/images/revi...1/running4.jpg

:lol1: :luxhello: :lol1: :luxhello: :lol1: :notworthy

no Battle Royale

Tidgy 09 May 2008 12:55 PM

interesting vote, over 70% in favour :o (me included)

PeteBrant 09 May 2008 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 7862795)
interesting vote, over 70% in favour :o (me included)

Yeah well, this place is a bit skewed to the right :)

If the recent Local election poll were accurate nationwide, then the Tories would have gotten 80% of the vote, the BNP 18% and Labour about 2%.

Which is somewhat not representative of the public at large.

GazTheHat 09 May 2008 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by c_maguire (Post 7857173)
In principle I have no problem with capital punishment, but enforced only where guilt is absolute and murder was premeditated without any mitigation.

As above. We're too soft here.

Anyone for golf? ;)

Gear Head 09 May 2008 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7862533)
By that logic, then you support the lowering of the age of consent? That you should be able to vote at 13?

You should be able to work? Marry? Buy a house? Drink? Smoke?...

What you are saying is that at 13 you are responsible enough to face the full consequences of your actions. You also have the development in order to make concious life altering decisions.

If you think that 13 is old enough to have the full force of the law lock you up for the rest of your life, then the flip side of that is that at 13, you are an "adult".

But, not everyone fits into the same size hole. :thumb:

I knew at 10 yrs old that hurting others was wrong so in theory, I should have had adult status. :rolleyes:

We all make mistakes but this was an evil and deliberate act. They obviously enjoyed what they were doing. That to me means a mental hospital for a very long time. Whether they could be released back into society should be done on an individual basis.

If, at 18, they still displayed signs of violence, lock them up and through away the key. People get far too many second chances in this country and because of this, they never learn or take their crimes seriously.

If society is about integration, why should those who wish to destroy the very fabric of peoples lives, be allowed the same rights? :wonder:

Luan Pra bang 09 May 2008 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7862533)

What a ridiculous thing to say. If you are a twisted Physco at 13 and like torturing innocent children, you will not all of a sudden become a sane normal individual in a few years. They should have been given another 10 years at least to asses wether they are still a threat to society. By your logic everyone under 18 should be able to kill people as a childish prank then go back to schoool a few years later.

Gear Head 09 May 2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 7862875)
What a ridiculous thing to say. If you are a twisted Physco at 13 and like torturing innocent children, you will not all of a sudden become a sane normal individual in a few years. They should have been given another 10 years at least to asses wether they are still a threat to society. By your logic everyone under 18 should be able to kill people as a childish prank then go back to schoool a few years later.

'Cough' nail on head 'cough'! :thumb: