ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What do you reckon Snazy? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/685560-what-do-you-reckon-snazy.html)

Lee247 05 May 2008 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7852949)
Shame I have no tats then ;)

You are a youngster, you will change. Bet in 5 years you have a tat, your future missus will dictate it :lol1:

Snazy 05 May 2008 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7852948)
because tats are an outward show of something. being brash in whatever form unless it has a purpose is lacking class. simple.

I would form the same opinion of many groups of people. Lacking in class, drug users, people who drink too much, smokers and other people who openly display differences in class to which I do not agree.

God the world is a messy place eh. I sure hope you dont fall into any of the above catagories :)

With regards to taking my mind off matters.... The fact my mother is dying from cancer is indeed part of the reason for the tattoo, but its not some sick form of self mutilation or something else you might strangely believe. It joins a number of other equally distasteful tattoos, which have been done at other key times in my life.

Attention seeking is not really the point of a tattoo either. If it were, I would be having it somewhere on my body it could be seen by all, and would be inclined to have something like "HELP" or "LOOK" tattoo'ed instead.

Its a passion you clearly dont share, so I would suggest you comment you dont like them, and leave it there, rather than trying to understand the workings inside my mind, and pre judging me.
Im not gonna get all deep about it, but your borderline insulting right now, and I would rather it went no further, in humour or any other form.

STi wanna Subaru 05 May 2008 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7852954)
I would form the same opinion of many groups of people. Lacking in class, drug users, people who drink too much, smokers and other people who openly display differences in class to which I do not agree.

God the world is a messy place eh. I sure hope you dont fall into any of the above catagories :)

With regards to taking my mind off matters.... The fact my mother is dying from cancer is indeed part of the reason for the tattoo, but its not some sick form of self mutilation or something else you might strangely believe. It joins a number of other equally distasteful tattoos, which have been done at other key times in my life.

Attention seeking is not really the point of a tattoo either. If it were, I would be having it somewhere on my body it could be seen by all, and would be inclined to have something like "HELP" or "LOOK" tattoo'ed instead.

Its a passion you clearly dont share, so I would suggest you comment you dont like them, and leave it there, rather than trying to understand the workings inside my mind, and pre judging me.
Im not gonna get all deep about it, but your borderline insulting right now, and I would rather it went no further, in humour or any other form.

fair enough. It's just I don't know anybody who doesn't regret their tat later in life. They're a great thing at a stage in your life but as we all change they don't so like the time you wore a lemon coloured jumper or god forbid a shell suit it was great at the time but years later you cringe. At least then it's not permanent.

Snazy 05 May 2008 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7852965)
fair enough. It's just I don't know anybody who doesn't regret their tat later in life. They're a great thing at a stage in your life but as we all change they don't so like the time you wore a lemon coloured jumper or god forbid a shell suit it was great at the time but years later you cringe. At least then it's not permanent.

Fair enough :)
I know plenty of people in their 40's + who have no regrets at all.
I have had tat's for 10 years now, and am still happy with them all from the very first to the current.

I guess, and I mean this respectfully, that it depends on how shallow a person you are. Being quite a deep thoughted person, I have no cause to regret anything, let alone a tattoo. I tend to think WAY too much about everything.

Scotsman 05 May 2008 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7852969)
I guess, and I mean this respectfully, that it depends on how shallow a person you are. Being quite a deep thoughted person, I have no cause to regret anything, let alone a tattoo. I tend to think WAY too much about everything.

:thumb:

M444GY 05 May 2008 08:35 PM

loving the booze brigade:D

Snazy 05 May 2008 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 7854048)

Loving not being one of them and having my own mind lol

M444GY 05 May 2008 08:40 PM

:lol: agreed .

people get so heated on here sometimes .

Snazy 05 May 2008 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 7854065)
:lol: agreed .

people get so heated on here sometimes .

Some people just get WAY to emotional about other peoples decisions and lives... is that what you mean lol

M444GY 05 May 2008 08:45 PM

yep . if they dont like them then thats their bother. they dont have to come on here and shred everyone when they have a shandy . pisses me off

WRX616 05 May 2008 09:19 PM

I think it looks great, but then im one of those mindless thugs who has tattoos :wonder:

I love getting them, I find it totally fascinating watching them take shape, and when its something personal to you, its even better.

ScoTTyB 05 May 2008 10:30 PM

Some people just enjoy winding others up.

This is me, posing for the laaadies.

http://www.snoopbloggyblog.com/wp-co...cool-ice-1.jpg

Lee247 05 May 2008 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 7854048)

:lol1:

Funkii Munkii 06 May 2008 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 7851724)
looks cool . im getting similar but with doves instead of roses :)

still got 12 hours to go on my sleives though first lol

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...tattoo/002.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...tattoo/003.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...tattoo/004.jpg

mags

I saw your pics in the other thread M444GY, loving your sleeves, really different to any I have seen before, nice original design :thumb: love the stars, was it a personal design ?

M444GY 06 May 2008 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 7855032)
I saw your pics in the other thread M444GY, loving your sleeves, really different to any I have seen before, nice original design :thumb: love the stars, was it a personal design ?

cheers dude . just had another 3 hours today he he . yeah i designed them myself and got them done from my design with a few minor changes . colours etc:)

Funkii Munkii 07 May 2008 06:41 AM

So how many more hours are required ?

Oh and make sure you post up the completed sleeves :)

Devildog 07 May 2008 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7852969)
Fair enough :)
I know plenty of people in their 40's + who have no regrets at all.
I have had tat's for 10 years now, and am still happy with them all from the very first to the current.

Good points Michael :thumb:

I don't believe in regret. Far better to spend time on the positives, not the negatives.

Build on experiences, never let them get you down :)

Snazy 07 May 2008 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 7857568)
Good points Michael :thumb:

I don't believe in regret. Far better to spend time on the positives, not the negatives.

Build on experiences, never let them get you down :)

Spot on mate.
Every decision I make, I go with, based on the fact I made it. :) Im not gonna spend my whole life wondering "what if" and all that.

Like you say, learn, and move on :)

As for the tattoo side of it. I know what was going on in my life for each tattoo, and to me they are times worth remembering. Good and bad. Not to say I would forget them without a tattoo. But why have statues of famous people that you spend your whole childhood learning about........ to me its the same thing, on a smaller scale :D