ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   gone from STi to Cooper S? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/658571-gone-from-sti-to-cooper-s.html)

gallois 14 January 2008 12:40 AM

you know it makes sense, minis are a bit camp anyway. not that theres anything wrong with driving an girl-racer car occasionally. and you will miss the big performance advantage too.

magicgreg 14 January 2008 12:55 AM

This thread has amazed me.

The usual stuff like my new Evo is better than my Scoob, I prefer my M3 to my old STi etc

Never have I heard so many people preaching about a much lesser motor on a site that is dedicated to the cars that we all love. Before people start saying that Imprezas are not the be all and end all of cars, thats not what I am getting at here whatsoever!

You usually get the same old scenario of people saying that they left their Scoobs or Evos behind as they found them to technical, the cars did the driving for them etc, therefore they wanted a 'fun' car, like a little hot hatch. Whats surprised me here is that people on a Subaru site who have owned or currently own an Impreza, a breed of motors descending from the famous rally cars are saying that a Mini is a faster car through the twisties and as fast upto speeds of 70mph.

The original topic of downgrading to a little fun car has gone out of the window and this thread has gone bonkers!

The lads over on the Mini and Evo forums must be laughing their heads off, its not like its Mini forum members who are posting either to have a laugh and get flamed, its actual Scooby owners.

Next time I see a Cooper S in my rear view right up my backside on a country road or on a straight up to speeds of 70mph I think I'll just put my head down, pull over and let him through.

andythejock01wrx 14 January 2008 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by magicgreg (Post 7559468)

Next time I see a Cooper S in my rear view right up my backside on a country road or on a straight up to speeds of 70mph I think I'll just put my head down, pull over and let him through.

Now that might be going a bit far. :lol1:

GazTheHat 14 January 2008 12:21 PM

I know what you're saying greg. This forum is very biased to what the posters actually have/own.

Ask what the best version is, classic owners will say classic etc. Just ask andy what colour/model is best. :lol1: Just kiddin mate.

Back OT though. Saw a black cooper S this morning. Was a bloke driving it (although he had tints) and lOOked nice, but just like every other car on the road.

You definitely wont get noticed in it or get the undesired attention. I feel i almost have to go drive one, just to see this subaru eater. :lol1:

andythejock01wrx 14 January 2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 7560199)

1) Ask what the best version is, classic owners will say classic etc. Just ask andy what colour/model is best. :lol1: Just kiddin mate.

2) Back OT though. Saw a black cooper S this morning. Was a bloke driving it (although he had tints) and lOOked nice, but just like every other car on the road.

1) :mad: Green ones are faster. ;)

2) You say he was had tints - could you see the papers bag he was wearing too ? :D

That's me all "smiley'd out" !

GazTheHat 14 January 2008 12:34 PM

TBH, it did lOOk nice in black. Better than the blue with white stripe and red i've seen.

I must google this "Works" version everyone has been talking about.

I noticed at Dastek they have a flier for a 225 or 255 (can't remember which) upgrade. That might be quite interesting...

I'm happy with my vRS though. Ticks all the right boxes and still gets 50+ MPG, which is why i got it.

Andy-pay 15 January 2008 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 7560238)
1) :mad: Green ones are faster. ;)

2) You say he was had tints - could you see the papers bag he was wearing too ? :D

That's me all "smiley'd out" !

was he in a new Impreza then?

GazTheHat 15 January 2008 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Andy-pay (Post 7564010)
was he in a new Impreza then?

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/o...wintheDark.jpg