ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Do you really care about the Armed forces? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/649434-do-you-really-care-about-the-armed-forces.html)

Brendan Hughes 27 November 2007 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by rob878 (Post 7442029)
and get someone who can at least right a contract

You have a good way of illustrating your point :)

rob878 27 November 2007 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes (Post 7442034)
You have a good way of illustrating your point :)

Damn it :o. right wheres that edit button, oh baws to it I'm off to sulk.

Prasius 27 November 2007 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by rob878 (Post 7442029)
The fruits of the combined ineptitude of BAE and Policy makers in the MOD seen in the recent death of a Civvy nav when he took an unscheduled trip through the canopy of his tornado.

I think that its going to be found that someone not that far up the chain made a massive balls up. ;)

Although as far as procurement goes - I'm at a newly stood up unit, using a totally new system. I'm currently on the civilian run training course for it; for which there are no course notes, because the MOD failed to write into the contract that course notes would be required. :rolleyes: The more shocking statistic that LPB should be more worried about, is that there are more civillians doing.. umm.. something.. allegedly.. in the MOD than there are actual uniformed members of the Armed Forces.

On the bright side - for the briefing at the beginning of the course, the senior civilian instructor proudly remarked that while the flight simulator alone for the eurofighter cost £10 Billion, our entire new system, including airframes, ground component and simulators only cost £1.2 Billion.

At which point, a SNCO piped up, "is that why it doesn't work?" :lol1:

The Trooper 1815 27 November 2007 05:36 PM

Can we have a poll then............"support or not" that is the question?

Holy Ghost 27 November 2007 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 7441518)
I have no idealistic view of the world but what I do know is that our army is double the size it needs to be to protect the UK from outside threats.

how do you "know" this?

CyprusScooby 09 December 2007 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Prasius (Post 7442143)
I think that its going to be found that someone not that far up the chain made a massive balls up. ;)

Although as far as procurement goes - I'm at a newly stood up unit, using a totally new system. I'm currently on the civilian run training course for it; for which there are no course notes, because the MOD failed to write into the contract that course notes would be required. :rolleyes: The more shocking statistic that LPB should be more worried about, is that there are more civillians doing.. umm.. something.. allegedly.. in the MOD than there are actual uniformed members of the Armed Forces.

On the bright side - for the briefing at the beginning of the course, the senior civilian instructor proudly remarked that while the flight simulator alone for the eurofighter cost £10 Billion, our entire new system, including airframes, ground component and simulators only cost £1.2 Billion.

At which point, a SNCO piped up, "is that why it doesn't work?" :lol1:

To be fair mate, your quite a switched on cookie!:thumb: