ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Debts - How much do you owe? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/637691-debts-how-much-do-you-owe.html)

Clarebabes 28 September 2007 07:52 PM

Matteeboy. I can't be bothered to read your extremely long post which is obviously going to be biased towards renting because that's what YOU do.

J4CKO 28 September 2007 08:37 PM

I love it, a debate based on what you think someone might say but you cant be arsed to read the post to confirm.

Read the small print, thats a good way of avoiding debt !

Tam the bam 28 September 2007 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by speye91 (Post 7289415)
I owe £40 to me Dad.:lol1: :lol1: ;)

Ta for the reminder, I owe my pops £20 for fuel ( I forgot my cashline card, last Wednesday and the car was running on air lol) other than that I'm debt free, The 2.5 billion mansion is paid off, the Ferrari's are paid off, although I'll owe old bob 20 quid tomorrow when he cleans them :D

DEEDEE 28 September 2007 09:10 PM

Nothing at all - Nothing to no one - not one penny every my wife and I earn is 100% ours

StickyMicky 28 September 2007 09:19 PM

ha ha, my dad owes me ;)

Luan Pra bang 29 September 2007 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 7290159)
ha ha, my dad owes me ;)

I owe my dad 40k but he knows I will pay it one day.

fast bloke 29 September 2007 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
".........Matteeboy
Some property musings from a rather astute and wealthy person I know..."

"Although govt has "injected" money into market it will not help future loans much or for very long"

How much has govt injected? I haven't heard of this. Regardless, the problem is a short term problem as indicated by long term LIBOR rates and falling swap rates.

"and it can't drop interest rates much or £ will drop (really low against € now) so much that imports will be expensive etc etc...."

So if imports are expensive, exports will be cheap. Please do explain the problem with this?

"And what made me think more than anything else was that - even if house prices do not fall directly, the impact of mortgage constraints is huge.

If some one has £5000 available for deposit (the sector he is dealing with) then they used to be able to get a 95% motgage (or 100% or 110%!) so could buy a house for £100,000

But now it is very difficult to get better than 80% LTV (?) "

Complete bollox. There are more lenders lending 125% now than 6 months ago or at any time in the past 7 years.

Would this wealthy and astute person happen to read the Daily Mail?

lordharding 29 September 2007 08:44 PM

I owe £243 to the credit card company

no morgage /debts

and i have a very poor wage now but no stress/grief (apart from the Misses who wants a new dress )

DazW 29 September 2007 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 7289165)
So say you suddenly can't work and insurance don't cough up (they often wriggle out of it) - then that house and the huge mortgage can't be paid back. Suddenly that "non debt" is one HELL of a debt and gets repossesed, losing you a fortune.
If that isn't a debt, then I really don't know what is!!
Not knocking mortgages but find it interesting that people forget about them conveniently when talking about debt.

Default on a mortgage and you really are in the deepest of deep merde.

Only if your lender's equity is greater than your own ...i'd like to see them try & reposses 'their' 25% lol

jonathan100 29 September 2007 11:56 PM

At the moment i owe £650 on a credit card and that is it. Saying that! i have no money left in savings as it's all been spent on my house this past few months. New bathroom etc etc. i hate having no money in saveings so i'm trying like made to get some put away.
My mrs on the other hand is in about 15k worth of debt from uni.

fast bloke 29 September 2007 11:56 PM

Daz - They can repo you for 1%. Anyway - it will be interesting to see if Matteboy can justify the 'musing' of his rich friend or if he made it up and needs to leave again like he did with the fast boat and the crap car

wakeboardar 30 September 2007 12:00 AM

we sold up and moved to brisbane australia 3 months ago so nothing

Ian 30 September 2007 01:17 AM

if i add up all my stuff it would be around 25/30k, and i earn 16.5k a year. and that is for me, the mrs and 6 month baby girl.

yes things are hard, but we try and do the best we can, and be happy