ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   New most annoying advert ever (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/623111-new-most-annoying-advert-ever.html)

richie001 24 July 2007 11:43 AM

Shelias wheels,lawyers for u and picture loans

Shark Man 24 July 2007 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by m1cks (Post 7132563)
Anyone understand WTF is going on with the new mondeo advert? Hmm, oh look theres a new mondeo. Must tie baloons to my old car and see if it floats??????

[geek mode = on]
I actually love the fact that Ford are so scared of being found libel for using other brand cars in its adverts that it uses a load of old Fords all dressed up to hide their identity:

So far I've spotted:

MK1, MK3 and Mk4 Fiesta
MK1 Mondeo
MK2 Sierra
MK1 Focus

I find it amusing that they made all that effort to hide what the cars are, yet you can still easily make out what they really are :lol1:

I mean, most car manufactuer advert use their own cars in the background, but they never bothered masking them up so heavily.

[geek mode=off]

:o

New_scooby_04 24 July 2007 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7131010)
Straight in at number one, it's the BT broadband "I've deleted a folder" advert.

Here is a list of things wrong with the advert

(i)The woman is crying, actually crying, over accidentally deleting the wrong thing on the computer. Stupid fvcking cow.

(ii)She says "i've delelted the folder with all the photos of the kids when they were babies, if lost everything."

Given that her kids are in thier teens (by the looks of things) and therefore before the days of digital cameras not costing several thousand pounds, she must have scanned in the photos.

What did she do? Scan them and the rip them up, laughing hysterically, whilst burning them and yelling "I don't need these things ever again now that I have them on my computer"

Also, just how old is this computer? Did she make this "folder" several years ago? Have they got the internet plugged into a machine running MS-DOS 6.2? If not, how in the name of blue fvck did she transfer the "folder" from one machine to the other?

(iii)He says, "that's ok, we'll just make a new folder and download it all".

Well thank the good lord for BT, I mean before they offered me the service of uploading all my most cherished files, there's no fvcking way I would have actually thought of creating some form of back up.

All true, but if you think that's the most annoying advert, I've got 4 words for you:

"Hi, I'm Barry Scott"!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ns04 ;) :D

Drunken Bungle Whore 24 July 2007 02:19 PM

There is definitely some utter ****e out there - but there have been many classic too. A great ad is often better than the TV show it's interrupting! :D

Budwiser lizards
Peter Kaye in John Smiths ads
The John West bear fight
And the Boddingtons ads - "Oi, Tarquin, are your trollies on t'wrong way round?" :lol1:

PeteBrant 24 July 2007 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle Whore (Post 7133683)
There is definitely some utter ****e out there - but there have been many classic too. A great ad is often better than the TV show it's interrupting! :D

Budwiser lizards
Peter Kaye in John Smiths ads
The John West bear fight
And the Boddingtons ads - "Oi, Tarquin, are your trollies on t'wrong way round?" :lol1:

My favs are:

Honda, the impossible dream ad

and

Snickers, with Mr T "I catch you acting like a crazy foo' again you're gonna meet my freind paaain"

Drunken Bungle Whore 24 July 2007 02:31 PM

YouTube - Bear Fight

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

YouTube - Boddintons Advert The Body Melanie Sykes

fitzscoob 24 July 2007 02:32 PM

I quite like the bud one with the rubber floor...

Unfortunately all adverts seem to be about debts, loans, or ambulance chasing numpties.

One that makes my blood boil is a 'lawyer' advert - guy goes up on a ladder to fit an alarm, but his employer didnt give him the right ladder - he falls down and sues his company.

The thing that springs to mind is that no one put a gun to his head and said, "up you go". He is aware its the wrong ladder but still goes to do his job. I know there are some honest cases of people needing these sorts of services but I feel that most cases are just rewarding stupid people for hurting themselves.

Dave1980 24 July 2007 02:45 PM

the most annoying ones for me in order:

1) that bloody llyods tsb advert, not so much on the tv but every other advert on the radio. that tune is the most annoying thing ever!.
i hate this advert so much that i would like to physically force the head of its creator up its own arse!:D

2) all those loan ads, "borrow £25k from us at 20%apr for the next 20 years and pay back nearly double the money". might as well stick a leech to your neck and get the life sucked out of you that way.

3) thrush cream and diahorea ads that come on at teatime when you are having tea (especially on sky) or during ad breaks with csi.

jods 01 August 2007 06:54 PM

THE Singularly MOST Annoying Advert EVER is that one with some poxy Spanyard flogging veeelas for Poolaris - "Pay for yewaaa Properttey,,,hey goood Peerice"

He looks like a right twa^ to me - Wouldn't trust him with the Euros to buy a round of Sangria

Bug Eyed Peas 01 August 2007 07:13 PM

What about the Uncle Bens boil in the bag rice? He just chucks it into a massive geyser and presto up it pops. Meanwhile he is talking with his lips out of sync :brickwall
That annoys me :razz:

Petem95 01 August 2007 07:34 PM

Halifax ad's are easily the worst - with that stupid tos$er dancing about and singing - put me off using Halifax for life!

The ironic thing is I remember their earlier adverts from when I was a kid, when they had lots of people standing in the shape of their logo - quite impressive ad's and made me remember Halifax in a positive way. This positive association was totally erased with the newer adverts with that d1ckhead in :mad:

Prasius 01 August 2007 07:35 PM

I don't get the shi**ty kid and the air-freshener either.... by the looks of the money in that house, the kid would have IM'd his mum over MSN from his laptop to tell her.. not scribbled on a bit of paper. ;)

As for my most annoying advert - that air-cool whatever thing, where the advert was obviously made for Turkey or something - and the f****** were too cheap to make a new for us. OR, when I was in Ireland - any advert where they dubbed Irish accents over the top of the original voices which happend to be English. Totally bloody stupid. (IMHO ;))

Lee247 01 August 2007 07:44 PM

Barry Scott makes me want to scream :mad:

Hol 01 August 2007 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 7131038)
Or that Picture Loan ads?!?

If you mean the one where the gawky mum says 'Dad's found your Scooooootaaaaa', then yeah, I fecking cringe too!

J4CKO 01 August 2007 08:04 PM

So nobody else has an adopted Chinese kid who stinks their bog out, do Chinese kids poos smell worse than anyone elses, it should have been a 22 stone sweaty arsed builder who says 'Sorry luv, got any of that air freshener, was on the Robbies bitter last night and then went for a Ruby, would leave it a while if I were you'

Now that would sell some product.

wayne9t9 01 August 2007 09:14 PM

Denise van outen pushing a trolley around a field, wtf?...did she forget where she put the car??