ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stolen Impreza type R Slough area (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/611428-stolen-impreza-type-r-slough-area.html)

subarujimmy 12 June 2007 08:32 PM

The police are quick enough to ask for help from the general public, but they never seem to want to divulge any further information.
I rang up to report a suspicious car parked-up once, they wanted to know everything. Drivers and passenger descriptions, where it is exactly, how long its been there, where the people went etc etc. 15 mins later a police car and van turned-up, wouldn't tell me anything about it, and had it recovered.
Next day they want full statements from me, but all they could say was its a "wanted vehicle"! A little feedback would have helped, like it would in this case.

chocolate_o_brian 12 June 2007 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by subarujimmy (Post 7013988)
The police are quick enough to ask for help from the general public, but they never seem to want to divulge any further information.
I rang up to report a suspicious car parked-up once, they wanted to know everything. Drivers and passenger descriptions, where it is exactly, how long its been there, where the people went etc etc. 15 mins later a police car and van turned-up, wouldn't tell me anything about it, and had it recovered.
Next day they want full statements from me, but all they could say was its a "wanted vehicle"! A little feedback would have helped, like it would in this case.

:lol1: you nosey parker

APIDavid 13 June 2007 12:38 PM

Here's one from a few years back ABSOLUTELY true, as my father ran a garage that serviced Police cars and was told by the local Sergeant.

Lady rings the nick; "There's been a police car parked outside my house for a while now - no 0ne in it "

Cops, butting in; " Don't worry he'll be making enquiries."

1.5 hours later; Lady; " It's still here."

Cops " We told you before MADAM, don't worry, he'll be going about his business."

1.5 hours later; Lady " It's still here "

Cops; " Madam, I don't know what you want us to say, it is all ok "

Lady, " If you say so, l just wondered why he'd take the wheels with him? "

Cops; " Pardon "

Lady " That's what l have been trying to tell you, there is a police car parked outside my house with no wheels on it. "

Zooooom!!! several police cars arrive almost immediately.

Turns out the PC had a similar car to his Panda, parked in a quiet Cul De Sac and ' borrowed ' the wheels to put his own car through a MOT.

Now, that can be considered initiative or theft depending upon your point of view.

Just though I'd share an anecdote with you all.

David APi

Section5 13 June 2007 01:05 PM

:lol:

chocolate_o_brian 13 June 2007 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by APIDavid (Post 7016107)
Here's one from a few years back ABSOLUTELY true, as my father ran a garage that serviced Police cars and was told by the local Sergeant.

Lady rings the nick; "There's been a police car parked outside my house for a while now - no 0ne in it "

Cops, butting in; " Don't worry he'll be making enquiries."

1.5 hours later; Lady; " It's still here."

Cops " We told you before MADAM, don't worry, he'll be going about his business."

1.5 hours later; Lady " It's still here "

Cops; " Madam, I don't know what you want us to say, it is all ok "

Lady, " If you say so, l just wondered why he'd take the wheels with him? "

Cops; " Pardon "

Lady " That's what l have been trying to tell you, there is a police car parked outside my house with no wheels on it. "

Zooooom!!! several police cars arrive almost immediately.

Turns out the PC had a similar car to his Panda, parked in a quiet Cul De Sac and ' borrowed ' the wheels to put his own car through a MOT.

Now, that can be considered initiative or theft depending upon your point of view.

Just though I'd share an anecdote with you all.

David APi

:lol: bravo. encore, encore!!:thumb: