ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   who has the highest bhp scooby on here? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/596673-who-has-the-highest-bhp-scooby-on-here.html)

stevebt 09 April 2007 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Andy.F (Post 6822455)
My wife Barbara has threatened to phone up Top-gear and tell them her 'man' has an old scoobie that he built in his shed that would waste a Veyron :D
A- they wouldn't believe her and B - would you let clarkson drive your car :eek:

andy your car couldnt be driven round a track as in top gear !! as your brakes are kept to a minimum :D

Andy.F 09 April 2007 09:24 PM

Steve

I only have the small 4 pots on to allow use of the 15" drag tyres. I have a set of AP 6 pots for circuit use. As its half the weight of a Veyron I think the corners would be the easy bit !

AudiLover 09 April 2007 11:24 PM

are you guys serious about it being faster round a circuit than a veyron :Suspiciou

mickywrx 09 April 2007 11:28 PM

I'm sure they are.

Andy.F 10 April 2007 08:43 AM

Similar (but slightly slower ;) ) Subarus are lapping Donington just under touring car times..... and thats on road tyres.

Trout 10 April 2007 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6823077)
are you guys serious about it being faster round a circuit than a veyron :Suspiciou

The Veyron is the same weight as a bus!! And has similar handling!

As for the times for the Scoobs at Donny - they may be nearly as quick but they have well over twice the bhp of a touring car ;)

AudiLover 10 April 2007 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rannoch (Post 6823419)

As for the times for the Scoobs at Donny - they may be nearly as quick but they have well over twice the bhp of a touring car ;)

lol do you know what your saying there. The veyron weighs a little more than a SLR, yet is more capable. Does the SLR handle like a bus though?

The veyron outhandles most cars on the road to say that it doesnt do handle, or is just a average handler is foolish.

Also I wonder what sort of figures the veyron would pull when it was put on some drag slicks ;)

Moley 10 April 2007 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6824362)
The veyron outhandles most cars on the road to say that it doesnt do handle, or is just a average handler is foolish.

Driven one have you? ;)

AudiLover 10 April 2007 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 6824389)
Driven one have you? ;)

No but I know of a lady that owns one along with several ferraris and other exotica.;)

The Chief 10 April 2007 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6824430)
No but I know of a lady that owns one along with several ferraris and other exotica.;)

My deep blue eyes ya do:lol1:

joey_turbo 10 April 2007 03:43 PM

Loving the Top Gear idea.
Would go down as one of the greatest episodes.

AudiLover 10 April 2007 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 6824458)
My deep blue eyes ya do:lol1:

thing is im telling the truth. Next time I go down there Im gonna take some snaps. If anyone here works at canary wharf or goes by canary riverside they might have seen the cars :norty:

wrxcraig 10 April 2007 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6820219)
Is the worlds most powerful road legal scooby more powerful than the worlds most powerful audi?

How fast is the worlds fastest road legal scooby?

not sure but the subaru will have the bigger :) factor

wrxcraig 10 April 2007 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6824482)
thing is im telling the truth. Next time I go down there Im gonna take some snaps. If anyone here works at canary wharf or goes by canary riverside they might have seen the cars :norty:

outside the local dealership:lol1:

Moley 10 April 2007 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6824430)

Yeah....well my dad's bigger than your dad!!! :D :lol1:

TelBoy 10 April 2007 03:52 PM

Audilover, what's the first letter of the owner's surname then? Answer on the basis that it CAN be verified. :)

AudiLover 10 April 2007 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 6824502)
Audilover, what's the first letter of the owner's surname then? Answer on the basis that it CAN be verified. :)

I dont know

TelBoy 10 April 2007 03:54 PM

Ah ok, know "of" a lady. So apart from seeing one around the Wharf, as i and many others have, you know nothing more. Ok, got it. Carry on. :)

fattb 10 April 2007 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6824482)

I work in Canary Wharf, but TBH with all the rich B(:lol1: )ankers about there are quite a few special motors running about

Hoppy 10 April 2007 04:06 PM

Love the Top Gear/Veyron idea. I'm sure TG would go for it :)

But who is going to lend them a £1m Veyron to see it get thrashed by an old DIY Scoob? Not me, for one :eek:

Richard.

andythejock01wrx 10 April 2007 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hoppy (Post 6824533)

But who is going to lend them a £1m Veyron to see it get thrashed by an old DIY Scoob? Not me, for one :eek:

Richard.

So you're not going to lend your Veyron to TG ? :D

baser999 10 April 2007 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hoppy (Post 6824533)

Richard.

Wanna borrow mine lol lol lol

Going 4 400bhp 10 April 2007 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ChungsterSTI (Post 6822514)
In comparison for time to 125mph

Bugatti Veyron - 7.3 secs - 1000bhp - £900k
Ferrari Enzo - 9.5 secs - 650bhp - £450k
Pagani Zonda - 10.0 secs - 555bhp - £350k
Porsche Carrera GT - 9.9 secs - 604bhp - £323k

AFP Scooby doo - 5.8 secs - ~800bhp - Priceless but built in a shed.

:D

I reckon Barbara should defo give TG and JC and call. You don't have to let them drive...just get them to give you the white suit and helmet of Stiggy!

Let JC drive the Veyron and show him a clean pair of heels!

If Simon Norris can get on C4 in his Evo, you deserve to surpass that by going on TG!

Lets start a petition.

Don't get me wrong guys i love my scooby but would rather have anyone of these car's... and the money to be able to buy one then my subaru any day!;)

Trout 10 April 2007 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6823077)

bohnjegley 10 April 2007 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rannoch (Post 6824957)

And well less than half of the Touring cars budget, built by enthusiasts in there spare time with little or no sponsorship. I know most of the pro cars are from tuners but that is what Time Attack is all about. Doing a full shift at work, working on customers cars and then burning the midnight oil prepping there own, don't the touring car teams have mechanics to do this?
I think the time set this weekend where unreal, and RCM's car is definitely in the wrong event, after seeing Olly hold the car sideways around the corner before the pit straight at serious speed was amazing to see. His first time in the event:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

chocolate_o_brian 10 April 2007 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by bohnjegley (Post 6825074)
And well less than half of the Touring cars budget, built by enthusiasts in there spare time with little or no sponsorship. I know most of the pro cars are from tuners but that is what Time Attack is all about. Doing a full shift at work, working on customers cars and then burning the midnight oil prepping there own, don't the touring car teams have mechanics to do this?
I think the time set this weekend where unreal, and RCM's car is definitely in the wrong event, after seeing Olly hold the car sideways around the corner before the pit straight at serious speed was amazing to see. His first time in the event:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

here here, awesome action for a track day virgin such as myself.

scubasteve 10 April 2007 07:50 PM

I may lend them my Veyron or my Enzo or Koninsegamegadrive gis a ring on
0800dreamingoflucypindersittingonmyface69.:thumb:

andythejock01wrx 11 April 2007 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by scubasteve (Post 6825198)
I may lend them my Veyron or my Enzo or Koninsegamegadrive gis a ring on
0800dreamingofl[B]ucypinder[/B]sittingonmyface69.:thumb:

pics ! :D