ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What have they gone and done? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/581246-what-have-they-gone-and-done.html)

Spyd 08 February 2007 10:25 AM

The rear is revolting, quite like the front though.

Prefer the overall look of the Evo though to be honest!

PeteBrant 08 February 2007 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 6636961)
I'd bet that both Subaru UK & Prodrive staff are reading this.
Probably the thoughts of "hear we go again" running though some heads, together with "And they haven't even seen it yet".

I presume that some of the posters here are car designers and have done extensive market research on the new shape Impreza?

Shaun

You dont need to be a car designer to know whether or not you like hatchbacks.

A market researcher gets a feel for the public at large, and I am sure that most people prefer hatchbacks to saloons - obvious given sales figures.

Couldnt give a monkeys what the public at large prefer though, or whether Subaru/prodrive think its a far better car. It's still a hatchback, and I don't particularly like hatchbacks. Ferrari could release a hatchback and I still wouldn't like it.

Prasius 08 February 2007 10:38 AM

ditto the above.

Couldn't care less what "the public" want. Generally "the public" in the wider sense don't buy Imprezas, they buy the Ford Focus.

The jump from saloon to hatchback deserves a name change to be honest - they should just be open and ditch the Impreza name in my opinion if this truely is the new Impreza.

If Subaru wanted to enter the market against the Focus/Golf/Astra/Civic.. then they should have released an entirely new product line.

People do not buy the Impreza because its not a hatchback, people don't buy the Impreza because of running costs, unwanted performance, image.. whatever..

Anyhow - the sales of the 1.5R have shown that Subaru can sell the Impreza to a wider group.

You know - maybe we can just hope this is a mixed up picture of the Wagon and they have a Saloon around the corner ;)

Looks like the Evo will be left alone in the catagory of 'affordable' super-saloon. :(

BeeSTi 08 February 2007 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 6635569)
PMSL....The same comments appear every time Subaru release a new shape/facelift. :rolleyes:

I think I will reserve judgement until I see one in the flesh. :D

Can`t agree more :thumb: Except that is the BUGEYE version I think we all new it was ugly from the start and hasn't changed, IMHO
Sorry all you guys with one:D

GazTheHat 08 February 2007 11:07 AM

"The top-spec STi is to feature a reworked version of the current 2.0-litre turbocharged flat-four."

???

WTF?

All speculation still...

satilaboy 08 February 2007 11:48 AM

leon cupra Mk1 look-a-like

lisa300 08 February 2007 06:52 PM

Yep it looks crap,something deffo wrong with the fitting of the rear spoiler.