ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Lost - Season 2 Finale (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/546647-lost-season-2-finale.html)

NeilT 27 September 2006 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by King RA
Wow, that is a brilliant explanation. How could you sit down and think of that.

I like the question
Q 'do you work for ABC'
A No I really am this sad.

;)

messiah 27 September 2006 04:35 PM

I read an alternate theory, pretty much along the same lines but a few differences - like it was Desmond who brought the plane down 'cos he didnt press the button in time - which was just about confirmed last night.

It also reckoned all the events are happening in the future, and its the electromagnetic stuff keeping the island safe as the earths magnetic field has been buggered up a la "The Core". It's kinda good everything is based on scientific theories you can Google...

Luminous 27 September 2006 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
Because he looks after the food rations and has been helping himself, as proved in a previous episode ;)

wtf!! You are all stuck on a desert island with limited rations.......and you leave the fat bloke in charge of the food :cuckoo:

Dear God, I take it they were feeling optimistic and were expecting imminent rescue then :lol1:

RMA26 27 September 2006 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous
wtf!! You are all stuck on a desert island with limited rations.......and you leave the fat bloke in charge of the food :cuckoo:

Dear God, I take it they were feeling optimistic and were expecting imminent rescue then :lol1:

:lol:

GazTheHat 28 September 2006 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by RMA26
Hurley got told to go back to their people and tell them never to venture to that side of the island

Thanks.

Weird that they chose him.

I'm always nervous reading any of these "this is what happens..." threads, in case of a spoiler or someone really does know. Would ruin the whole thing.

Top show though.

RMA26 28 September 2006 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Thanks.

Weird that they chose him.

I'm always nervous reading any of these "this is what happens..." threads, in case of a spoiler or someone really does know. Would ruin the whole thing.

Top show though.

There must be a reason why they shouldn't venture to that side of the island tho - but what I wonder? Maybe the others have raised the Titanic & are really living the life of Luxury aboard it:lol1: :wonder:

Or on a more serious thought - As they obviously reside off the island (hense the ferry signs on the wooden platform) maybe they are hiding a way off the island, Henry Gale obviously knows how to get away from the island as he told Michael where to sail to be rescued, maybe the others are a conspiracy against the Dharma initiative & there are two sets of Others, the good & the bad (Henry's lot being "the good guys")

Why does Mr Friendly wear a fake beard (or Tom as his name is) - they know nothing about the hatches (thats obvious) so i dont think they used to be the guys who were in there, i think they are part of something else - Maybe Desmond's Bird - Penny?

Whats with the pirate ship?

Thoughts..........

DCI Gene Hunt 28 September 2006 12:23 PM

The 'others' remain on the island to stop the DI finding it, they are guardians of it's potential......... and try to stop the outside world finding it, they dress like the 'bad' others to give the impression to the 'bad others' that they 'live off the land' but in reality they live within an 'as yet' unfound facility.

Snowglobe ......... island with a force field, not unlike the Philadelphia experiment, which would allow the island to move, thus explaining how the planes and vessels crashed on it from different continents........

Sorted :thumb:

Mrs WRX 28 September 2006 12:37 PM

I think that the others dont actually live on the island but just off it, maybe on a boat. I dont know why they give the impression that they live in the huts and off the land. But they sure dont want the plane crash survivors to venture to their "side" of the island. It is like they are hiding something and dont want anybody to know about it.

The camp that Sayeed found is only for showing people what they want to see to keep up the illusion.

Cant wait for Season 3, it is meant to show more of the others, how they live and why.

RMA26 28 September 2006 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
The 'others' remain on the island to stop the DI finding it, they are guardians of it's potential......... and try to stop the outside world finding it, they dress like the 'bad' others to give the impression to the 'bad others' that they 'live off the land' but in reality they live within an 'as yet' unfound facility.

Snowglobe ......... island with a force field, not unlike the Philadelphia experiment, which would allow the island to move, thus explaining how the planes and vessels crashed on it from different continents........

Sorted :thumb:

Like the theory here...........

RMA26 28 September 2006 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs WRX
I think that the others dont actually live on the island but just off it, maybe on a boat. I dont know why they give the impression that they live in the huts and off the land. But they sure dont want the plane crash survivors to venture to their "side" of the island. It is like they are hiding something and dont want anybody to know about it.

The camp that Sayeed found is only for showing people what they want to see to keep up the illusion.

Cant wait for Season 3, it is meant to show more of the others, how they live and why.

Bittorrent, here I come - I cant wait another 8 months for a UK showing:nono:

Mrs WRX 28 September 2006 12:42 PM

I know what you mean, 8 months is far too long. But I have heard that there is a 12 week pause between shows in America because they havent actually finished filming it yet.

RMA26 28 September 2006 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs WRX
I know what you mean, 8 months is far too long. But I have heard that there is a 12 week pause between shows in America because they havent actually finished filming it yet.

I'll download the whole lot at some stage, for now i'll download as they are filmed & watch 1 every month

joey_turbo 29 September 2006 03:21 PM

There is kind of a catch up episode available on torrent sites at the mo.
I watched it last night. Its a pretty good run through of the whole story so far. Great to get you back into it if you watched the finale months back.
Is it ok to post the link on here?

Dr Hu 29 September 2006 03:23 PM

Post the link.....post the link......

RMA26 29 September 2006 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
Post the link.....post the link......

Which one?:wonder:

joey_turbo 29 September 2006 03:32 PM

Just realised it was off a private site. But I have plenty of invites, pm if you want one.
This is the link for the private site:
http://www.supertorrents.org/details.php?id=11844

Its probably on other sites, so search for Lost.S03E00.HDTV.XviD-LOL

hoskib 29 September 2006 06:28 PM

right, just watched the tuesdays episodes and basically, what the fook is going on?:confused:

many questions, but just a few......

did the release of the electromagnetic matter pull the plane in and pull it in 2?

why are the records from the pearl that were put in the air tube just dumped?

wasn't the ship that they got the dynamite from called the pearl?

why is it set 2 years ago?

are the others some sort of super human? thinking back to the guy in 1st series who took a beating to no effect before charlie shot him (and henry didn't seem too fussed at his kicking either)

what's the score with the 4 toe statue?

please help!!!!

Nick100 29 September 2006 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by hoskib
why are the records from the pearl that were put in the air tube just dumped?

why is it set 2 years ago?

The first taker to try to answer a couple ...
1. Perhaps the pearl was the psychological experiment not the hatch(es), hence the dumped records - there had been a lot of them !! This would tie in with Desmond's mate in the hatch who apparently knew what was going on whilst living in the hatch - wearing the NBC suite to go outside, when he knew it wasn't necessary.
2. Series 1 started 2 years ago, but according to the program they've only been on the island for about 6 weeks so far IIRC.

As for the rest - don't know, plus lots of other questions !