ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   balls, just blown my gearbox up (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/540629-balls-just-blown-my-gearbox-up.html)

APIDavid 12 September 2006 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by strongman
Thankyou for your prompt response David API.

I did not take the car to Richard because he was the cheapest!! He told me he was a mechanic for a rally team and seemed very genuine, you see, you have to trust what appears to be the professonals in this situation and this is my only fault trusting other people!!!!!!

As for the outstanding bill as you "publicly announced" every body involved in this rebuild was fully aware it was an insurance job as i had previously paid Richard in FULL in goodwill.

I am not happy that the insurers have not paid API bill in the slightest, but as you can apprechiate the job has not been done correctly, as the car has been sat outside the house with an engine fault.

I have had an engineer do a leek test to clarify what has been said.

So i do not believe this is down to an unpaid bill as you stated, it is down to a job where the obligations has not been fulfilled by again the professionals which i trusted.

Richard is certainly not a poor soul in Cornwall as this has had no effect on him what so ever, he was indeed paid in FULL in good faith by me. So the only poor soul is ME.

Please get your AP's and APi's right.

APi has been paid, AP in Plymouth has not. Even for the extra work not related to the engine build.

The outstanding account goes back much further than the alleged engine fault.

Once AP and APi are assured that if the current 'fault' is not somethng either of us is responsible for, that we will get paid should it prove to be the case. then the problem can be resolved. The APi warranty on all our engines is for parts cover only. So a labour bill would be presented for any work done.

Whilst you have a dispute with them over payment I fear nothing is going to happen.

David APi

Aztec Performance Ltd 12 September 2006 11:42 AM

I'd get the insurance company to stop the payment until everything is rectified....if not rectified then get clearance through the insurance to get someone else to do the work.

Don't they normal check that the work is complete and well before releasing payment?

strongman 12 September 2006 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by BOB'5
I'd get the insurance company to stop the payment until everything is rectified....if not rectified then get clearance through the insurance to get someone else to do the work.

Don't they normal check that the work is complete and well before releasing payment?

Thanks very much for your response, its nice to know someone else can see the situation i am in.

I will take your comments on board.

Cheers again

strongman 12 September 2006 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by APIDavid
Please get your AP's and APi's right.

APi has been paid, AP in Plymouth has not. Even for the extra work not related to the engine build.

The outstanding account goes back much further than the alleged engine fault.

Once AP and APi are assured that if the current 'fault' is not somethng either of us is responsible for, that we will get paid should it prove to be the case. then the problem can be resolved. The APi warranty on all our engines is for parts cover only. So a labour bill would be presented for any work done.

Whilst you have a dispute with them over payment I fear nothing is going to happen.

David APi

Thankyou again David at API for your response.

I appologise for my typing error, but what thats got to do with the relevant situation im not entirely sure? You are indeed absolutely correct in your observation that you "API" have indeed been fully paid for the work you have done for AP motors.

The outstanding account is for the engine build done by yourself which i have current problems with, and API and AP have been fully notified.

I should like to add that i will be leaving this to my solicitor to deal with as the situation is getting serious and i have had enough.

I have no more to add to this situation.

APIDavid 12 September 2006 03:06 PM

Nobodies mentioned anything to me since your pm and my reply to you back in May, this year. If it has to be solicitors then so be it.

As you say enough !!

David