ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Anyone in NorthWales? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/481849-anyone-in-northwales.html)

GazJenno 15 February 2006 08:07 PM

North Wales crue and Chat doesnt seem to go together jules.:)

were slowly getting there i suppose need some more input people!

julesp600 16 February 2006 08:41 AM

All I was wondering is if we meet somewhere on a Sunday morning or something at a McDonalds or Asda or something like, we could get coffee and have a look at the other cars before having a drive?

I don't know what sort of drive people are after so don't know what sort of places to suggest!

What do most people want? I know I want to see some more people and cars!

Mitch WRX 17 February 2006 09:59 PM

Hey
Macs for me is oooooohhhhhhhhhhh all of 10 seconds in my car lmao :D oh better make that 9 seconds lol.............................
My car is having its fortnightly bath and polish tomorrow.................................:luvlove:
Oh and if no one has an inkling yet im a girlie :eek2:
MITCH :D :D :D :D

Mitch WRX 17 February 2006 10:03 PM

SPOTTEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Ok i spotted a dark blue/gold alloys Scooby and a green /gold alloys Scooby on the Rhuddlan retail park today,the green driver went into Halfords :D

julesp600 19 February 2006 08:19 AM

The MacDonalds by Abergele could actually be a good place, there are a few good places to drive round there too! :)

wakeboardar 19 February 2006 09:22 AM

llandudno

spend my time between llandudno and luton area

black blob sti with "ROD" on the numberplate

GazJenno 20 February 2006 07:26 PM

Iye McDonalds in abergele is not too bad a meeting place.

as for a run around there, i went to llandudno, Up the A55. went in to llandudno for a shop, then went up the A55 towards Bangor but went off on the bangor round about towards bethesda, from bethasda ya get to go on the cracking twisties down to betwys-y-coed, from there to llanrwst and then ya come to Llanfair TH which is where i turned off to go home but if ya go straight on ya come out in abergele again.

was a awsome run but not very long i only used 1/4 to 1/2 a tank, but i did have a very aggresive play with a Cossie leaving llandudno, which i won btw:lol1:

it was about 80 - 100 miles long. but i know a even better route that goes over to the west coast of wales and that is a ACE drive, loads of twisties and awsome views, i'll get a map up to show you all.

any more suggestions,
GAZ

GazJenno 20 February 2006 07:45 PM

Ok here's a couple of routes that i have been on and they were very good, first is the one i mentioned in the above post which is fairly short.
http://uk.geocities.com/gazjenno/quick_run.GIF

and the second is a longer one with more twisties and amazing views of snowdon.

http://uk.geocities.com/gazjenno/long_run.GIF

as ya can see the route actually goes all the way around snowdon:norty:

also they are both very westly oriantated but thats because there are more fun roads and less busy towns, there are also a few nice homley pubs along the way but there aint too many Optimax sellers further west:mad:

what ya fink??
Gaz

Mitch WRX 21 February 2006 09:54 PM

Macs Abergele is ooookkkkkkkkk by me..............:D
We drive Scooby's:thumb:
WE NEED OPTIMAX STOPS lol
Mitch.........:cool:

The Trooper 1815 22 February 2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch WRX
Macs Abergele is ooookkkkkkkkk by me..............:D
We drive Scooby's:thumb:
WE NEED OPTIMAX STOPS lol
Mitch.........:cool:

Black Cat Shell Garage at the Llandudno Exit A55.:thumb:

GazJenno 22 February 2006 08:14 PM

yea and theres one after black cat by pen-maen-mawr? and one in betws-y-coed.

Mitch WRX 22 February 2006 09:45 PM

My local petrol station is Threeways in Abergele ;0) and then Shell in Llanddulas......

Ok spotted today a dark navy scooby with gold alloys,un graphic'd reg "R**** WRX" parked near Ivy street car park in Colwyn Bay,by the Bay shopping centre........
Lol lol :D mine's louder:thumb:
Mitch

chrisola 23 February 2006 07:57 PM

i'm in N. Wales aswell... in wrexham.

driving a blue x reg classic, unmodded at moment!

Well, i will be driving it soon, i bought it last sunday, and got signed off from work on the monday due to illness and i cant drive for at least 6-7 days due to the antibiotics i'm on :(

poo2y 23 February 2006 08:10 PM

I'm in N Wales too , just outside colwyn bay.I've got a 94 wrx in white , pretty standard at the mo but plans are in the pipeline . I'll keep an eye out for you all !!!

julesp600 24 February 2006 09:10 AM

So we can pass the word around plenty how does anyone fancy meeting up at MacDonald's by Abergele on 12th March then?

What sort of time do people want to meet? Is 10am ok?

I can't wait to see some of these cars!!!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

As for the drive, I am up for either of those Gaz. It will be nice to actually drive my car anywhere!! LOL

Also, if anyone is interested there is a meet at The Old Hall Pub by Cheshire Oaks, Ellesmere Port at 8pm this coming Tuesday (28th). If you need directions etc just say!

GazJenno 24 February 2006 12:06 PM

That sounds good jules, I think we should start a new thread titled "Meet In North Wales, 12th March" then give out the details and start taking names.

we could just leave it as a meet for now then decide to run after meeting, i just want to see everyones cars to begin with.

Im off now, so make a new thread if ya can, if not i'll make one later tonight.
cya all,
GAZ