ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Who's still kicking about then? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/456767-whos-still-kicking-about-then.html)

coulty 23 September 2005 10:10 AM

Hi Folks

Not been in here for a while but always lurking. Just keeping myself to myself as the 'other' forum is beginning to get a little like 22b in that you have to be in the 'in' crowd. It's the old school that is being pushed into hiding while the newbies push the site...um...not too sure i would say forwards.

Stuart :)

Johnny50 23 September 2005 10:27 AM

Good to hear from you Coulty.

Aint caught up with you for ages.

Things goin ok ? :)

coulty 23 September 2005 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny50
Good to hear from you Coulty.

Aint caught up with you for ages.

Things goin ok ? :)

Aye mate things are going fine. Car is still in one piece just causing the usual scooby 'can't find the problem' fault misfire. Apart from that good mate.

What about yerself...things ok? not coming back to the scooby fold yet?

Stuart :)

Johnny50 23 September 2005 12:41 PM

Trying hard to get back in Stuart,

But been messed about trying to sell the Civic, so not there yet. :(

C. Jay. k. 23 September 2005 01:16 PM

Dip in and out of here most days,8 months since punting last Scoob.......bought myself a V70 T5 the other day, to console myself ye understand, a hell of a car for 1900 quid.

Johnny50 23 September 2005 01:29 PM

I almost bought an S70R Colin, but got let down buy the buyer of the Civic. :(

C. Jay. k. 23 September 2005 03:52 PM

Hiya Johnny,yer luck with that civic has been shocking ,i think this R is still for sale
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/show...8&page=1&pp=10.
My T5 is as rough as a badgers tadger bodily but mechanically and inside its good enough ,ex plod plus 1 owner who put the interior back into shape....but hey..... its the second car runaroond, for £1900 ye canni beat it.
all the best Colin

Johnny50 23 September 2005 03:56 PM

Not interested in the older 850's. They're terrible inside.

wrxmania 01 October 2005 11:09 AM

I am still sort of around although use www.scottishscoobies.com 90% of the time. I can see where people could feel isolated by some of the newbies but in spite of many acting like kn*bheads on occasions they are really pushing to get meets, clothes and other stuff organised, which can't be a bad thing.

Also, no one turned up for the old school meet the other week, aside from Spooks and his missus - oh and Dave "Kartman" (late as usual :norty: ).

I still use Scoobynet general etc but the Scottish regional section is very quiet.

Johnny50 01 October 2005 12:25 PM

I was at a family do Brian...explained to Dave (kart-man) that i couldnt make it. :(

wrxmania 01 October 2005 12:36 PM

How's thinks J50?

Any luck with the Civic going?

Johnny50 02 October 2005 09:25 AM

Doin not bad Brian,

Civic not shifting at all... beginning to lose the will !! :(

wrxmania 02 October 2005 01:29 PM

Hope it goes soon - a shame as it would do someone nicely, but I think cars are hard to shift now, not just performance cars. Also, any mods seems to put a lot of people off, except those who know what they'd add anyway.

Any certain plans on what to go for next?

Brian :O

Kosy 08 October 2005 09:26 PM

Still here :)

lubo 09 October 2005 01:40 AM

okay claire we're on 4 a pre piss up party when you have sufficiently recovered from that small matter of child birth........

sti-04!! 09 October 2005 03:24 PM

Am still here :luxhello:

Dont own a scoob no more so dont go near the other place, prefer to stay here with the fire on :D

p1doc 09 October 2005 08:34 PM

so basically almost all who followed a certain ex mod are all still here
martin

John Stevenson 09 October 2005 10:26 PM

I'm here, don't know who the f3ck you lot are though :D

drb5 10 October 2005 12:10 PM

ROTF :D

sti-04!! 10 October 2005 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by p1doc
martin

<nods>

PG 10 October 2005 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by p1doc
martin

You meant to say .....all who blindly followed a certain ex mod are all still here
;):D

RS Grant 12 October 2005 02:53 AM

Agree about S/S having an "in-crowd" unfortunately..... From what I've picked up on, it seems like you have to live pretty close to Glasgow to be included too.

lol, I dont get any love now that I've not got a Scoob, but thats nothing to do with the internet!! :lol1: :p

Johnny, just fit a blower to the Civic and be done with it.. ;)

Cheers,
Grant

drb5 12 October 2005 07:27 AM

You should tell your G/F, to get her finger out, then.

;) :D

Johnny50 12 October 2005 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Johnny, just fit a blower to the Civic and be done with it.. ;)

Cheers,
Grant

Have been looking at doing somethig stupid to it...

But i had 2 seperate viewings yesterday..so it may be going to a new home. :)

Not going to tempt fate by saying it's definately going though... :D

daftiebaws 30 October 2005 10:42 PM

i have joined sidc and noticed that there are a few people particularly around the glasgow area that seem to dominate the whole thing. (no names)

why is this the case? maybe they are decent guys and i have picked them up wrong! just seems some people arent as popular as others i suppose, but thats life ay?

what was it like before all the newbies joined?

Thunderlips 30 October 2005 11:34 PM

If its not one thing to "shimf" about its another. cliques will happen no matter where you go, when I joined this forum before the ss, it was just the same, people were as thick as thieves and the only person would talk to me was a now good friend from Dundee. I was largley ignored because I was a newbie. Im happy to see newbies getting in with a shout on the otherside. If you want to sit on your laurels and give it the old "Tsk Tsk, the old days etc etc" "Newbies etc etc" then your part of the problem as well. As far as the domination by certain characters is concerned. Why not post? No one else seems to have anything of earthshattering importance to talk about, so if people from a certain area seem to post more than others, and meet up all the time and seem to be having fun so what? Isnt that whats its all about. And banter is exactly that, banter.

drb5 31 October 2005 07:40 AM

I was actually thinking the other day, how when we still all on SNTE, the group was SO much bigger, but looking on SIDC's Scottish Scoobies, it's not worth asking "Was it you?", as you KNOW everone on it!

Can't say much about newbies, as i was fine coming into it all, but i can understand what you mean.

Johnny50 20 January 2009 12:51 PM

Yes, i'm that bored...i'm dragging up 3 year old threads !

So...

Who's still here now then ? :D

Rice Rocket 20 January 2009 12:56 PM

Me!

in the Rice mobile!! lol

S!

RA Dunk 20 January 2009 01:49 PM

Im often here but hardly bother checking this section