ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Becoming more racist (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/442023-becoming-more-racist.html)

CoobyS 17 July 2005 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
But it's been proven time and time again that terrorism is not related to poverty or development.

Where are all the South American, African, Chinese terrorists?

KiwiGTI...boy! You need to seriously do some learning. Terrorism doen't just spring up in your backgarden like a sunflower. Cared to think about the West's constant meddling in the Middle-East, illegal invasions of countries, double-standards with Israel? Go back to the 70s and read the declassified american government documents about the fears of economic collapse due to oil crisis...and the plans to invade middle eastern countries to control supplies. Why do people overlook these basic, undeniable facts, and then try to wonder why the West has become a target for these nutters.

Martin_Aimless 17 July 2005 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by CoobyS
KiwiGTI...boy! You need to seriously do some learning. Terrorism doen't just spring up in your backgarden like a sunflower. Cared to think about the West's constant meddling in the Middle-East, illegal invasions of countries, double-standards with Israel? Go back to the 70s and read the declassified american government documents about the fears of economic collapse due to oil crisis...and the plans to invade middle eastern countries to control supplies. Why do people overlook these basic, undeniable facts, and then try to wonder why the West has become a target for these nutters.

Yes, I think we know where you're coming from now, thankyou. Why don't you wind your neck in and allow somebody else to have a point of view? :rolleyes:

CoobyS 17 July 2005 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Martin_Aimless
Yes, I think we know where you're coming from now, thankyou. Why don't you wind your neck in and allow somebody else to have a point of view? :rolleyes:

The 'rabid intellectual dwarf' joins scoobynet under a different name. Welcome back! Hopefully you'll answer some questions this time rather than posting something irrelevant to the topic :rolleyes:

Martin_Aimless 17 July 2005 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by CoobyS
The 'rabid intellectual dwarf' joins scoobynet under a different name. Welcome back! Hopefully you'll answer some questions this time rather than posting something irrelevant to the topic :rolleyes:

Am I to infer by this comment that you think I may be the Holy Ghost? I have to dissapoint you and can assure you that I'm not, and that I'm also sure Mr Ghost is more than capable of fighting his own corner.

No, what I'm referring to is that although you have undoubtedly made a commendable job of reading and memorising your collection of CND pamphlets, and that I might even agree with you on one or two points, the message of whatever you are trying to get across is lost in the delivery. You simply portray yourself as an arrogant, self righteous wind bag, who likes the sound of his own voice just a little bit too much.

Couple this to the fact that you have continued to post right through what must be the most beautiful sunday of the year, a day when every other 'normal' young man would be out in the park with his girl friend and I'm afraid you have singled youself out as a true 'Johnny no mates' of the highest order.

Anyway, it's been great chatting but I have to go out again now to watch Top Gear at some friends and then on to a barbeque. Bye....

Martin :)

KiwiGTI 17 July 2005 08:06 PM

collapse due to oil crisis...and the plans to invade middle eastern countries to control supplies. Why do people overlook these basic, undeniable facts, and then try to wonder why the West has become a target for these nutters.
Most radical Islamic terrorists are not from backgrounds of poverty.

Islamic terrorism has one eventual aim - the whole world under Islamic Sharia law. Wake up and don't be naive to what these nutters really want.

CoobyS 17 July 2005 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Martin_Aimless
Am I to infer by this comment that you think I may be the Holy Ghost? I have to dissapoint you and can assure you that I'm not, and that I'm also sure Mr Ghost is more than capable of fighting his own corner.

No, what I'm referring to is that although you have undoubtedly made a commendable job of reading and memorising your collection of CND pamphlets, and that I might even agree with you on one or two points, the message of whatever you are trying to get across is lost in the delivery. You simply portray yourself as an arrogant, self righteous wind bag, who likes the sound of his own voice just a little bit too much.

Couple this to the fact that you have continued to post right through what must be the most beautiful sunday of the year, a day when every other 'normal' young man would be out in the park with his girl friend and I'm afraid you have singled youself out as a true 'Johnny no mates' of the highest order.

Anyway, it's been great chatting but I have to go out again now to watch Top Gear at some friends and then on to a barbeque. Bye....

Martin :)

You've only joined scoobynet this weekend and you take issue with someone who replies to posts on a BBS. Furthermore, you must have read all my posts to come to your conclusion. All too calculating and focused, Holy Ghost.

I agree I should be out and I am jealous of those who are. But I have a 3 week old son, which makes that somewhat difficult so I've spend more than my fair share of time on here indulging in topics I am passionate about!

Enjoy your barby, I'll be wading through my wines into the late night as I enjoy a paternity day off tomorrow ;)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 17 July 2005 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by moses
freedomfighters and rebels and terrorists theirs a different bud

Nope wrong

Someone's Terrorist is someone else's Freedom Fighter

Bubba po 17 July 2005 09:29 PM

These threads should be vaped on sight.

HTH.

moses 17 July 2005 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Nope wrong

Someone's Terrorist is someone else's Freedom Fighter

yes i do agree one mans freedomfighter is someone elses terrorist

true

Bubba po 17 July 2005 09:42 PM

And one man's lively discussion is another man's dull ache in the testicle area. :p

RedFive 17 July 2005 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
& yes, I'll stick my hand up in rememberence of that character :D

:D

I think he actually once was the "hardest" guy to moderate. How times change eh ;)

moses 17 July 2005 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
And one man's lively discussion is another man's dull ache in the testicle area. :p

true :D

one mans nob in the hole is another mans pain in the arse :D

unclebuck 17 July 2005 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by moses
true :D

one mans nob in the hole is another mans pain in the arse :D

and that man's PITA is anothers ecstacy....

so it goes....

Echo 17 July 2005 11:29 PM

Seems like most people are 'racist' in some way, Northerners saying 'bl&&dy Southerners', Scoobynetters not liking Chavs etc etc. Maybe it's from the tribal beginnings and something that may become less and less over the millenia but not anytime soon?

moses 18 July 2005 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
and that man's PITA is anothers ecstacy....

so it goes....

one womans fanny is other womans pain :D

Leslie 18 July 2005 07:52 AM

KiwiGT,

You would have done well over the Channel in the thirties! Exactly the same propaganda arguments according to the history books.

Les

KiwiGTI 18 July 2005 08:10 AM

Leslie, do your research.

Find out what groups like Al Muhajiroun wanted. (Izhaar Ud Deen). Both Islam and Christianity are universalist religions, that is they both want the rest of the world to convert to their religions, Christianity has generally become a lot more moderate, sections of the Islamic religion haven't.

Izharr Ud Deen, or world domination by the Islam religion is what drives most Islamic fundamentalists/radicals, they just use things like Iraq, America etc as excuses.

Jap2Scrap 18 July 2005 08:15 AM

I don't see why Kiwi is getting accused of racism and natzism. He's only asking questions and voicing opinions on the origins of terrorists, like the rest of us, besides the use words that are in the German vocabulary don't make someone a nazi, unless you're suggesting all Germans are nazis at which point I'd wonder just who the racists are.