ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How many scoobs are driving around uninsured? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/379682-how-many-scoobs-are-driving-around-uninsured.html)

STI_315hp_GDB 17 November 2004 03:05 PM

you are lucky guys ... in my Country Scoobs and EVO's cannot be Insured , by the Goverment law its so irratiting , but we love Scoobs and Evo's so we keep buying them i dont know i think they dont want any Sport cars in Qatar

hugo 17 November 2004 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by STI_315hp_GDB
you are lucky guys ... in my Country Scoobs and EVO's cannot be Insured , by the Goverment law its so irratiting , but we love Scoobs and Evo's so we keep buying them i dont know i think they dont want any Sport cars in Qatar

I bet it's because OPEC will get upset at the pressure they would put on Qatars oil resources!
:D

scoobyboy1 17 November 2004 07:39 PM

Just saw this thread and it reminded me off a young bloke i was speaking to a couple of weeks ago who worked at a subaru garage, he had a Subaru Impreza sport 1.6 or what ever it was and got it quite cheap as it had been in a smash, so he had all the parts replaced, turbo bonnet, wrx alloys, all colour coded, basically made it look like a impreza wrx, and also got a WRX engine and modded it to 360bhp, basically he turned it into a impreza WRX now but on the log book it was a 1.6 sport and has got it insured as a 1.6 sport and only paying £400 a year to insure it, think he told me he was 21. :idea:

hugo 17 November 2004 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Just saw this thread and it reminded me off a young bloke i was speaking to a couple of weeks ago who worked at a subaru garage, he had a Subaru Impreza sport 1.6 or what ever it was and got it quite cheap as it had been in a smash, so he had all the parts replaced, turbo bonnet, wrx alloys, all colour coded, basically made it look like a impreza wrx, and also got a WRX engine and modded it to 360bhp, basically he turned it into a impreza WRX now but on the log book it was a 1.6 sport and has got it insured as a 1.6 sport and only paying £400 a year to insure it, think he told me he was 21. :idea:

Methinks he would'nt have a leg to stand on :cuckoo:

Scratch 17 November 2004 07:47 PM

Nor would anyone else unfortunate enough to be involved in a collision with the idiot

scoobyboy1 17 November 2004 07:56 PM

It shows that people have done it, dont think i could do it, its always in case you did hit someone, then you would be in the sh1t.

gpssti4 18 November 2004 11:41 AM

Whilst he wouldn't be covered by his insurance, anyone involved in an accident would be covered - we;; that's the theory. I was involved in an accident and the car was only insured for Mr *****, but it was a woman driver. The car didn't stop and eventually the cars insurers paid out - after a bit of persuasion - read threats to go to court! So, his car is insured, but he is not! Bit of a grey area!

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1

STI_315hp_GDB 18 November 2004 02:46 PM

do you know how i got my STI in Qatar ,,, it was signed as a 2.0 GX impreza ,, cuze turbo's arent allowed there ,,

P3dro Scoob 18 November 2004 02:50 PM

If you don't mind me asking scratch how old are you?

Do you have no claims and who are you with.

I'm 33, 1 years NCD in a MY00 wagon and £1200

STI_315hp_GDB 18 November 2004 03:02 PM

who me , im 24 yrs , 1 year in a STI 04 , and only 95£ insurnace for 3rd party

uk2004 18 November 2004 03:23 PM

fully insured on an 05 STI (European import - had to be classed with (not as) Jap imports by isurance company as it wasn't officially a "Type UK" even though it is a UK spec car) with 18k miles a year and business use (8k miles a year) for £108 pm

Wurzel 18 November 2004 04:20 PM

I have to confess to not being insured on a UK Scoob or a Jap scoob but I am fully insured on my German Scoob :D:D:D

CyprusScooby 18 November 2004 04:31 PM

I insured my UK Turbo 2000 2 years ago when I was 23 for £900 Fully Comp with Admiral.
Just got a quote for my WRX STi Type-R V5 for when I ship it back next year and I got quoted £830 Fully Comp. with Admiral. (I will be 25 with 5 years no claims.)I currently pay £350 Fully Comp. over here in Cyprus.

GRIFF007 26 November 2004 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by graham72
just a quick one, having no mot DOES NOT invalidate your insurance!

no mot just earns you a fine and if there are any defects you end up with a rectifier unless the motors an absolute shed!!!
i had a head on collision a couple of years ago (some bloke driving wrond way down the road!?!?!?!?!) ended up hitting a parked car, didnt realise my mot had run out 10 days beforehand but it was all sorted no problem, £30 fine for no mot that was all
no tax invalidates insurance not mot so emissions doesnt effect insurance!

MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! - No tax premium to Gov = no insurance to all involved (think about it...) - No MOT - car can be a deathtrap - fatal crash - Yep, insured cos Gov go thei road tax........

Its a Mad, mad World....