ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Politically correct.......B0ll0x!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/352235-politically-correct-b0ll0x.html)

OllyK 13 August 2004 02:49 PM

I don't think the majority of "blacks" are too bothered about the term TBH, many seem to use the term themselves. It is almost like a sector of the population is trying to make amends for our poor treatment of the inhabitants of other countries over the years by bending over backwards to be polite and avoid offence. It seems to me though that they are pi$$ing off the rest of the country and also the people they are trying not to offend. But I could have it all wrong.

davegtt 13 August 2004 02:51 PM

Dont think you have got it wrong Olly, Sounds about right to me :)

unclebuck 13 August 2004 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
I don't think the majority of "blacks" are too bothered about the term TBH, many seem to use the term themselves. It is almost like a sector of the population is trying to make amends for our poor treatment of the inhabitants of other countries over the years by bending over backwards to be polite and avoid offence. It seems to me though that they are pi$$ing off the rest of the country and also the people they are trying not to offend. But I could have it all wrong.

No, you have it right. Black people have their own black identity and history of which they are (rightly) proud.

The pc apologists just keep drawing attention to these things completely unneccessarily. Thet just make fools of themselves, and demonstrate their lack of understanding.

ScoobyDriverWannabe 13 August 2004 02:59 PM

As a sunderland SAFC fan i wonder how much longer well be allowd to call our selfs the black cats or red and white army.

I dont know if this is true some 1 may have been filling me with crap but i was told that pakistan means Pure land or something along those lines. So when u call some one of asian decent a Paki you are kind of calling them pure one.

the moose 13 August 2004 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
As a sunderland SAFC fan i wonder how much longer well be allowd to call our selfs the black cats or red and white army.

.....as opposed to Evil Mackem scum etc etc

davegtt 13 August 2004 03:03 PM

SDW, can u promptly tell your manager Clyde Wjinard is cr@p and send him back to Oldham please.... thanks :)

ScoobyDriverWannabe 13 August 2004 03:51 PM

if he is no good why do you want him bk so promptly :razz:

davegtt 13 August 2004 03:55 PM

lol.. because he'd walk over Division 2 football (or coca cola division 1 :rolleyes: )

Jerome 13 August 2004 03:56 PM

If people of Afro-Caribbean origin dislike the term "black", then why do we have the MOBO awards?

As an aside, a DJ has boycotted the MOBO awards because he thinks it is inherently racist to have them at all. If someone tried to start up the MOWO awards, people would be apoplectic in their rush to denounce them.

Tiggs 13 August 2004 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jerome
If people of Afro-Caribbean origin dislike the term "black", then why do we have the MOBO awards?

As an aside, a DJ has boycotted the MOBO awards because he thinks it is inherently racist to have them at all. If someone tried to start up the MOWO awards, people would be apoplectic in their rush to denounce them.

load of tosh.

is High and Mighty shop offensive to short people?

white people dont want their own show.

ScoobyDriverWannabe 13 August 2004 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
lol.. because he'd walk over Division 2 football (or coca cola division 1 :rolleyes: )

gotta love the new fizzy pop leaugues

Jerome 13 August 2004 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggs
load of tosh.

is High and Mighty shop offensive to short people?

white people dont want their own show.

Regardless of whether or not white people want their own show, do you not think that it would not be denounced if someone did create the MOWO awards, or the White Police Association etc?

Abdabz 13 August 2004 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jerome

Spot on Jerome Ive been saying that for ages. I emailed the BBC to complain when they created 1 extra and marketed it as a station for black music (its now changed to 'street music' - but not coz of my complaint) as I said it discriminated against caucasian, chinese, mexican, italian, azerbajan etc etc unless they had a station for every ethnic group...
I also get confuddled when black folk call each other n1gger as a term of endearment but if I used it I could lose my job....
The worlds gone mad.

ProperCharlie 13 August 2004 07:52 PM

ah, scoobynet's favourite - the hypothetical white police officer's association. you guys can *never* get enough of that one. :)

move along now, children.

Stiff 13 August 2004 09:58 PM

I worked in the wines and spirit department in the local supermarket and was aked by a Kosovan "Can you recomend a good port?" When I said "Yes, Dover. Now F*CK off!", he looked a little offended. Can`t anybody take a joke nowadays?

ScoobyDriverWannabe 13 August 2004 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stiff
I worked in the wines and spirit department in the local supermarket and was aked by a Kosovan "Can you recomend a good port?" When I said "Yes, Dover. Now F*CK off!", he looked a little offended. Can`t anybody take a joke nowadays?

lmao good 1

unclebuck 13 August 2004 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stiff

;)

BishopDevious 14 August 2004 09:11 AM

:lol:

lightning101 14 August 2004 12:39 PM

I only found out last week why the gollywog symbol had been removed from robertsons jam jars.

Illegal immigrants were cutting them out and using them for fake ID cards.

Senior_AP 14 August 2004 12:42 PM

Arsene Wenger was asked about 3 seasons ago why he keeps buying black players to which he replied:

" I buy the players I need for my team, the colour of their skin matters not but it is true that black footballers are more athletic and quicker".

....(words to that effect).

Racist?? No, just stating a fact.

ProperCharlie 14 August 2004 02:26 PM

great - scoobynet's own racist joke corner. :rolleyes:

i'd like to see some of you lot tell those jokes to a few kosovans and africans that i work with.

tiggers 14 August 2004 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ProperCharlie
great - scoobynet's own racist joke corner. :rolleyes:

It's pathetic isn't it? And I thought it was just me!

As long as you're white, heterosexual and have your politics somewhere right of Genghis Khan Scoobynet NSR is the place for you :rolleyes:

Stiff 14 August 2004 08:27 PM

When Chris Eubanks was asked, on a talk show "Are you a man of ethics?" he calmly replied, "No. I`m a man of Thuthex."
As for the 'racist jokes corner', I`m pretty sure every race, creed and nationality make jokes about other races etc. Some people need to lighten up a little, lifes too short to moan and winge about what`s pc correct and what`s not.

ProperCharlie 14 August 2004 09:16 PM

yeah, and i'm pretty sure that all races and creeds abuse children and hit women but that doesn't make it right.

as for the eubank joke - i quite like it, and as an additional bonus it isn't rathitht either. :)

Stiff 14 August 2004 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=ProperCharlie]yeah, and i'm pretty sure that all races and creeds abuse children and hit women but that doesn't make it right.

Couldn`t agree with you more there mate.