ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WR1 No.138 Stolen last night (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/335508-wr1-no-138-stolen-last-night.html)

njkmr 15 June 2004 10:09 AM

Pleased that they are sorting you out m8.When you get it ,this episode will fade away soooooooooo quickly!!!!!!
Good luck.

Clive the Brave 15 June 2004 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by phil_stephens
Good to hear

I'm gutteted for you mate.

One thing is good news is that the Dealership is responsable.
Your insurance would not cover the car unless trackstar was activated, which I here is was not.

I do hope you can get a replacment car, sooner than later.

a fellow Wr1 guy.

Scum like this needs to be put in to a room with people like us who have been on the recieveing end, lock the doors and let the kicking take place.
Sarting by snapping every finger on each hand, lets then work on the feet.
After all that they will never be able to drive ever again, thank god.
Oh and if they are under age, bring the so call perants so we can do the whole family. POLICE do nothing at all.

Good luck mate

njkmr 15 June 2004 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Clive the Brave
I'm gutteted for you mate.

One thing is good news is that the Dealership is responsable.
Your insurance would not cover the car unless trackstar was activated, which I here is was not.

I do hope you can get a replacment car, sooner than later.

a fellow Wr1 guy.

Scum like this needs to be put in to a room with people like us who have been on the recieveing end, lock the doors and let the kicking take place.
Sarting by snapping every finger on each hand, lets then work on the feet.
After all that they will never be able to drive ever again, thank god.
Oh and if they are under age, bring the so call perants so we can do the whole family. POLICE do nothing at all.

Good luck mate

Puts hand up as first voluteer to wrag the scum first please!!!!!!

LiamWR1 15 June 2004 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by njkmr
Puts hand up as first voluteer to wrag the scum first please!!!!!!

That would be ME !!! :mad:

The annoying thing was that the car arrived on Tuesday & should of been collected on Friday, but due to the damage while offloading the car (scuffs to the front air dam) it had to stay at the garage till Monday, then it was ment to be sent to the bodyshop, get resprayed and delivered back to Chandlers for collection on Wednesday.

I actually went down on Friday evening, sat in the car & started it up!! before leaving and really looking forward to collecting it!

As I hadn't taken delivery the Tracker wasn't activated (something about putting the cones in?) so it would of been quite easy to steal. When they sort me out another car I will ask for the Tracker to be activated on receipt at the garage (just in case).

Chandlers have been brilliant and have kept me informed daily, and they are speaking with IM to try to get me another car (fingers crossed).

I've already been to halfords and spent a tidy sum on additional security as its made me realise just how desirable these cars are and what lengths these scum bags will go to to steal them. But the thieving scum won't put me off getting my car!

Cheers,

Liam.

hawkeye 15 June 2004 11:44 AM

Very sorry to hear about this, makes me sad to thing what a world we live in.

However if it's helps at all i DONT think the Wr1 will be any more desirable to thieves than other scoobs.

Hawk

LiamWR1 15 June 2004 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by hawkeye
Very sorry to hear about this, makes me sad to thing what a world we live in.

However if it's helps at all i DONT think the Wr1 will be any more desirable to thieves than other scoobs.

Hawk

Cheers Hawkeye & for the sake of good order my post was reffering to all Subaru's rather than any specific model.

Liam.

r32 15 June 2004 12:07 PM

Sad news about losing the car, but good that the vehicle will be replaced, I hope you dont have to wait too long.

Let us know when you get a new delivery date........
STEVE...............

Simon Lau 15 June 2004 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by LiamWR1
That would be ME !!! :mad:

The annoying thing was that the car arrived on Tuesday & should of been collected on Friday, but due to the damage while offloading the car (scuffs to the front air dam) it had to stay at the garage till Monday, then it was ment to be sent to the bodyshop, get resprayed and delivered back to Chandlers for collection on Wednesday.......

Who the feck drive/off-load these cars...Johnny Knocksville? no wonder new cars need oversprays... :rolleyes:

Liam, glad it's being sorted. I'd personally be much happier with a brand new car rather than a recovered one. Brand New should mean brand new!!!

Good luck guy!

njkmr 15 June 2004 02:07 PM

Chandlers have been brilliant and have kept me informed daily, and they are speaking with IM to try to get me another car (fingers crossed).

Hang in there fella.

WRX-Mark 15 June 2004 06:15 PM

Not the only one

Talking to my local dealer in Cirencester the other day, he implied that 138 wasn't the only one to go missing from a dealer, and that their instructions were not to have them on site for more than 24hrs....
I supposed it makes everybody else's slightly rarer as there's now one less WR1 offically in circulation! Or will IM release another ?

akaLiamWr1 15 June 2004 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by WRX-Mark
Talking to my local dealer in Cirencester the other day, he implied that 138 wasn't the only one to go missing from a dealer, and that their instructions were not to have them on site for more than 24hrs....
I supposed it makes everybody else's slightly rarer as there's now one less WR1 offically in circulation! Or will IM release another ?

On a positive note I suppose I'll now get 2 keyrings! but on a serious note I've been told not to discuss delivery dates on SN, could be the perfect place to scan for cars/locations if you know what I mean ;)

Liam.

BAH 15 June 2004 08:52 PM

SO did they have the keys or did they get around the security....?

Very worrying if they are that easy to steel without the keys..

Hope u get sorted soon..

RobinSherwood 16 June 2004 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by akaLiamWr1
On a positive note I suppose I'll now get 2 keyrings! but on a serious note I've been told not to discuss delivery dates on SN, could be the perfect place to scan for cars/locations if you know what I mean ;)

Liam.

Liam,

Really sorry to hear the news and can only echo the sentiments already expressed and hope you get sorted soon.

I am not sure how much difference posting delivery dates on here would make, when I picked mine up yesterday the dealer said in the 48 hours since it had been delivered more than 10 people had been in because thay had heard they had taken delivery of a WR1, some of them apparently even knew the time the car had come off the transporter! As far as I know, and I have had a brief search, there was no mention of my car arriving at the dealer on Scoobynet so there must be other ways people can find out.

They did mention though that on the two nights it was in their custody they did box it into the back of their workshop with 5 cars, so I guess that tells you something.......

Once again hope you get another WR1 quickly.

Kind regards,

Robin

LiamWR1 16 June 2004 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by RobinSherwood
Liam,

Really sorry to hear the news and can only echo the sentiments already expressed and hope you get sorted soon.

I am not sure how much difference posting delivery dates on here would make, when I picked mine up yesterday the dealer said in the 48 hours since it had been delivered more than 10 people had been in because thay had heard they had taken delivery of a WR1, some of them apparently even knew the time the car had come off the transporter! As far as I know, and I have had a brief search, there was no mention of my car arriving at the dealer on Scoobynet so there must be other ways people can find out.

They did mention though that on the two nights it was in their custody they did box it into the back of their workshop with 5 cars, so I guess that tells you something.......

Once again hope you get another WR1 quickly.

Kind regards,

Robin

Thanks Robin & as I said earlier a couple of thieving gits won't put me off the car, it just means my wait will be longer (sigh......)

Hope all goes well with yours & I will let you know once I actually get mine :)

Cheers,

Liam.