ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Get your RAC Trackstar checked (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/322516-get-your-rac-trackstar-checked.html)

Nick 06 July 2004 04:43 PM

Another story of Trackstar/Subaru incompetence here: http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=342331

W 12 X T C 06 July 2004 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rasher
That's scarey mate!!!!!

got to work this morning and phoned customer services they checked my details and everything was ok:) thay have all my details correct. so i asked them to do a check on the system. he asked if the car had been moved in the last six hours. i said it had not moved but i will move it when i get home and try again. moved car and phoned control desk to do test. he asked for my reg. and again was told i had sold car in january. he said he would do the test but if it was stolen they do not have any information about who it belongs to.
i seems customer services have all my details correct but the control center have no information whatsoever .
:iamwithst
not happy.

Rasher 06 July 2004 10:54 PM

have asked for a check to be done todayand to check my details. I have to ring them tomorrow for the results

Up_North 07 July 2004 12:24 PM

I called them this morning to do a test. Called me back 10 minutes later - told me the street it was on, the nearest junction and that it was right next to a train line! Very impressed.

Bit dissapointed they couldn't tell me what parking bay it was in or what flavour soup was in my shopping bag (it was cream of mushroom by the way) :D

Ian

Rasher 08 July 2004 07:54 AM

have asked for a check to be done todayand to check my details. I have to ring them tomorrow for the results

no probs told me exactly where the car had been etc, but this will be a monthly 'thing' now (getting the car checked)!!

Nick 08 July 2004 09:46 AM

I'm not sure you need to check it monthly mate. As far as I've seen, their paperwork systems are useless & this affects the initial setup, once it's all in their systems, it's unlikely to get lost. Maybe that RAC guy would like to comment on the various problems (like mine) & their rubbish paperwork systems. For instance, why doesn't the initial form that you sign have a serial number or barcode? If each Tracking unit came with 2 peel-off bar codes to stick on the engineer & customer's paperwork, then stuff wouldn't get lost!

Ray T 08 July 2004 03:53 PM

Just thought i'd give them a call to check mine today, Unit has been in the car from new (april 2000). Located exactly where i left it (and its still there!!).

ray t

ande 13 July 2004 10:38 PM

They don't come with barcodes because the internal sim cards are interchangable.

AndyW 14 February 2005 07:37 PM

Just thought I would bump this thread to the top again as I have just found out that my trackstar wasn't working, only reason I know is that the car had to be towed, due to a wheel bearing problem and trackstar didn't ring me up.

Andy

tuscan57 14 February 2005 07:39 PM

will get mine checked be it only being fitted on thursday before i pick the car up.......

davedipster 14 February 2005 10:23 PM

Good idea to get this bumped, I get my tracker checked every 6 months or so. I'm paying for it after all. Just phone the customer support number and they will phone back in 2 with the location of the car.

It's always worked so far though.

Dipster

celticpilgrim 16 February 2005 10:17 AM

We've had RAC Trackstar in the past, and it was crap. We had the optional speed detector on it which failed to work, and when we phoned up RAC to test the trackstar, they couldn't locate it!!!! good job it was sitting on the drive, eh!!

Had tracker on the Boxster - much better. They rang us to ask if the car had recently been moved - at the time it was on a low loader on its way to the dealer. We'd forgotten to tell them, and it was only the phone call which prevented the poor driver getting nicked.!!!

Get a tracker, and a road angel, and I'd think you'd not go too far wrong.

AndyW 16 February 2005 09:30 PM

Spoke to customer services today, it seems to be working today, They will give you up to six "test Tracks per year"
Will be doing that regularly!!
Andy

marklemac 24 March 2005 12:18 PM

phoned RAC yesterday for a check.

I was currrently out on the road, and they pinpointed me just fine, even with me blasting it down the motorway ;)

VERYALARMING 16 April 2005 11:16 PM

Trackstar

After reading your comments i decided to join the site.
anyway, i bought and fitted a trackstar unit to my vehicle the other day,
filled out and faxed the form off to them and then called them to test it out later that evening.
they knew my reg number before i could tell them all the digits .
which told me they did'nt have that many go online that day.
then they searched for the car.
no luck mr---------- sorry.
who fitted it?
i said it may be the antenna position or the area im in.
after all mobiles dont work here much , so i guess the unit wont.
ah that could be it. wait until you are somewhere else and give us a call later this evening.
so i did that..
no luck mr---------- "sorry". we will send and engineer to look at it.

so i said no need, i will move the antenna, as i think it's the problem.

so i took the back light out and moved it.
not exactly hidden now, but im going to get a longer antenna wire.

so i called them and asked where the car was.
after about 30 secs they said "ah it is ok" it is outside your house mr----------.
so there you go. mine worked.
im going to tow the car sunday to check it is working ok.
i want to see how long they take to call etc.
you are allowed to do a few checks a year to make sure it is working.
but that's you calling them..
so if you want to check it . tow it down the road a little way and wait for them to call you , as them calling you does not count as a check.

i have a trackstar plus fitted.
did not cost allot but i dont purely rely on it solely looking after my car.
varoius other devices are installed to make the thiefs job
extremely daunting

olliecampbell 01 May 2005 11:43 AM

Got to get mine checked, i found it this weekend and one of the wires from the battery to the device was cut!

pippyrips 01 May 2005 05:13 PM

on my trackstar it has the gatso,specs etc warning system. This only goes off sometimes and not all - is this because it only goes on when the gatso's are 'active' or is it just unreliable? it also seems to know whst side of the road i am on as well??