ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Political Correctness at work!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/317254-political-correctness-at-work.html)

farmer1 08 April 2004 06:01 PM

And in some countries you would allowed to be proud of your nationality.

But obviously not here anymore.

unclebuck 08 April 2004 06:02 PM

How did this thread go from

He's been asked to remove his St Georges Flag which is currently on his work desk
to

when this place ends up as a Nazi country
Surely it's this kind of hysterical distortion that prevents rational debate on these tricky subjects?

UB:(

Katana 08 April 2004 06:02 PM

No theres a difference between being proud of your country and beating or destroying properties owned by ethnic minorities. I'm sure you wont be able to see the difference. Are you sure you're not chaos.?

Katana 08 April 2004 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Surely it's this kind of hysterical distortion that prevents rational debate on these tricky subjects?

Lol can't help it. When a person somehow justifies voting for an extremist group that somehow effects me directly, I sorta jump on them. :D

Sorry about ruining your thread. Remember, I am your side with this subject.

edit: Oops. I thought it was your thread.

CrisPDuk 08 April 2004 06:06 PM

Katana mate, it's not just the right wing minority that are vocal in this country, every f**king minority in the country seems to think they have the right to dictate to the rest of us how we should live, hence the reason this thread was started.

A funny thing that has always struck me though, the more vocal the minority is about persecution, the more intolerant that minority is of others ways. Go figure.

As an addendum to the original topic though, all the pubs in our area (South Cheshire) were granted late licences for wannabe paddy's night. But no licences are to be granted for St Georges day, as the local constabulary do not consider it to be an 'occasion of merit' :confused:

unclebuck 08 April 2004 06:08 PM

Not my thread mate.:)

I think I understand how you feel, though maybe not, i'm trying...

UB:D

Katana 08 April 2004 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
As an addendum to the original topic though, all the pubs in our area (South Cheshire) were granted late licences for wannabe paddy's night. But no licences are to be granted for St Georges day, as the local constabulary do not consider it to be an 'occasion of merit' :confused:

Now that seriously sucks. They should be able to sue for descrimination because of it. Women have successfully sued for discrimination for not being allowed to go into men's only golf clubs.

Katana 08 April 2004 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Not my thread mate.:)

I think I understand how you feel, though maybe not, i'm trying...

UB:D

Shhhhh! You dont have to point out to people that I'm getting older. :D

Chip 08 April 2004 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Katana
Shhhhh! You dont have to point out to people that I'm getting older. :D

Older maybe, but not wiser;)

Chip.

ed_the_duck 08 April 2004 11:58 PM

Perhaps your brothers collegue could also as the queen to remove that flag from the roof of her house too.

Were constantly being undermined and cant understand why its being allowed!
It's just an indication of how petty it getting.

Redkop 09 April 2004 07:57 AM

IIRC, our local news reported that one school in Birmingham made pupils remove their England shirts on a 'wear what you like day' as they could cause offence to pupils of other nationalities.

47 NAT 09 April 2004 08:15 AM

The word pathetic springs to mind!!!!!

Nath

Chip 09 April 2004 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Katana
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/323366.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/780069.stm

Yup. By voting for the BNP, you are voting for terrorists lol. People who votes for BNP have either been lied to and don't know what they're really about (understandingly actually) or in some cases, just dumb.

Katana,
This guy was just a nutter. Doesnt say anywhere that he did those bombs as a representitive of the BNP. He did it of his own free will. He targeted gays as well and was not aimed at black,Asian people.

Chip.

Katana 09 April 2004 04:44 PM

I couldnt find the other links but yeah, he was a nutter and from my experience, a lot of people who's in C-18 are really mindless thugs.

mart360 09 April 2004 10:53 PM

nice to see that pc has gone mad...

just point out to the person, you have accepted work in our country, and as such you are goverened by our law, customs and traditions,

if you dont like them,,,,, GO HOME, if you went to any of these so called offended persons countrys and pulled out a union jack they would either ignore it or burn it, or you!!, as it states on most legal things these days the law of xxx country applies,, in this case english law..

the trouble with us is we are too tolerant of other peoples views, to the point where we become fanatical ourselves, and we loose sight of the initial objective.

when these asylum seekers come over here, they are accepting help from the united kingdom, and by entering they are bound by our laws and traditions. If they cant accept that, they should be refused entry on the spot.

hold your ground and if it fails, find out the offenders nationality, and put one of there flags up,, then complain yourself,, it either has to be no flags or no case,,

Mart

chunky_lad 10 April 2004 01:02 PM

There's nothing wrong with patriotism and pride in who you are and where you come from! Seems to me ( as a Scot ) the English are always getting battered for being English and showing that they are proud of it and that inevitably is going to lead to so much resentment/trouble further down the line.

Just worries me that this country - UK as a whole - is just ticking away waiting to explode. You have seemingly insignificant issues like this ( flags on desks ), consant press coverage on immigration and asylum and a government who seem to marginilise and ignore the population. How long before groups like the BNP or some other right wing group gain momentum and actually gain a firm foothold in UK politics? Dread to think what'll happen then....