ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Paintballing (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/170632-paintballing.html)

Amanda-Jane 28 January 2003 10:00 PM

thank goodness for that :)

c'mon folks bring the other halves :p

Missed the corner thingy [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

AJ

[Edited by Amanda-Jane - 1/28/2003 10:03:56 PM]

SCOSaltire 28 January 2003 10:57 PM

whats this about a 'corner'... i havent grasped that yet.. :rolleyes:

i have no other half to bring, so ill bring mine easily enough :p

lubo 28 January 2003 11:35 PM

Depends on the when and where

Sally

GordonShek 29 January 2003 12:31 AM

Great!

2 birds to shot now! Keep them coming!:D

Gordon;)

kart_man 29 January 2003 12:24 PM

I expressed an interest on page 1, but won't be able to go between the middle of Feb and middle of March. Any other time is cool though.
May be able to russle up another couple of peeps too if a definite date is agreed.

Cheers all :)

Dave

GordonShek 30 January 2003 09:05 AM

It's all gone quiet..............What's happening? Is everybody practising their "stealth" mode? :)
Edited cause I couldn't spell.:(

[Edited by GordonShek - 1/30/2003 9:06:00 AM]

ozzy 30 January 2003 09:43 AM

Well I can get 7 (including myself) to come along.

Obviously we need to agree dates so that I can tell them when it is exactly.

Stefan

GordonShek 30 January 2003 01:38 PM

Scooby Dooby Blue where are u?

If we are going ahead with this, we'll need to make a start on it. I've said Sunday 2nd March, is that okay for everyone?

Cheers

Gordon Shek

P.S. How come I've got a strange feeling that I'll end up running this?????

Scooby Dooby Blue 30 January 2003 02:26 PM

Right....

Before this goes the way of the poker night, will everyone that's a definate for this event please e-mail me confirming this.
If you have a pre-selected team (Gordon...how many people usually in a team?), let me know.
Alternatively, if you have any preferences as to who is (or isn't) on your team, again, let me know.
If you are a single player, to be put in a team, let me know if you have had any experience of this kinda thing to try and mix experience with the first timers.

Is everyone okay with Sunday 2nd March? Seems like a good date. Hopefully it's a bit warmer by then too:D

Gordon indicated a price of £50 including equipment hire and 500balls.
I think he also mentioned basic equipment hire was £20-30.
If you want to fork out the fitty bucks for all the paintballs you can shake a stick at, fine. If you would prefer to half them with a team member (thus reducing the combined cost to approx £35 per player), again, let me know.

I hope this event doesn't die a death as it promises to be a good 'un :D

Paul[/i]

[Edited by Scooby Dooby Blue - 1/30/2003 2:27:11 PM]

GordonShek 30 January 2003 02:40 PM

Scooby Dooby Blue

Here's the deal

It costs £10 for the equipment hire per head. But if you want 500 balls to start with, that will be £50 INCLUDING the equipment fee. 500 balls is more than enough for anyone, even those who want to be Rambo. You might even have spare balls left over to shoot ants or worms or anything that's left not shot at.

Best bet is go in pairs, pay £60 (that's 2 persons with 500 balls between them and just split the balls evenly. £30 quid each). Understand? For example, 30 people goes, that means we go into 15 pairs, pay £30 each, and will have 250 balls each. That'll be a saving of £150 in total. Any body who requires more balls after that will foot the cost themselves.

Tou can have as many players as you like on each side but to make it a good day will require at least 12 a side.

Anymore queries, feel free to post it up on the board.

Cheers

Gordon

Scooby Dooby Blue 30 January 2003 05:51 PM

Thanks Gordon :)

FAO everyone else...

The cost of the equipment hire must be payed upfront (probably at the time of booking).
Any suggestions how to go about arranging this? Unfortunately, I don't have a spare few hundred quid kicking about to cover this myself:(

Answers on a postcard

Paul

Amanda-Jane 30 January 2003 06:20 PM

we could phone the company direct with our debit/credit card details to book???

AJ

GordonShek 30 January 2003 11:05 PM

Folks

Seeing that I've almost arranged this, I am willing to take all deposits to pay for the booking. That's if you guys trust me. Before I can do any of this, I need the total amount of people going, not those who might be there, those who WILL be there.

So with that in mind, here's what's going to happen.

1) Everyone will pay a deposit (none refundable).
2) On the day, for those who want to get the best deal (that's euipment hire and 250 balls) will pay a further £20. Anyone wanting more balls will buy them themselves after they run out.
3) And for those who just want to buy their own paint will do so on the day.(Please state clearly what you want to do at time of booking!)

However, I am not willing to refund any monies for those who don't turn up! I've experienced this before and I don't want to encounter that scenario again!

Please e-mail your interest to Scooby Dooby Blue and we'll go from there.

Cheers

Gordon

Scooby Dooby Blue 01 February 2003 12:01 AM

Had 2 confirmation e.mails so far...

C'mon you lot, you coming or what?:D

skyenet 01 February 2003 10:37 AM

Well I suppose that means that at least I will have somebody to go halves on 500 paintballs. Glad I havn't posted on other sites yet to get more people.

Scooby Dooby Blue 01 February 2003 10:55 AM

1) Everyone will pay a deposit (none refundable).
I think you've scared 'em all off Gordon.
Looks like Iain and AJ are the only 2 up for it:(

Paul

ozzy 01 February 2003 12:19 PM

We do have lives outside of Scoobynet you know. Give me a chance and I'll get confirmation from the lads I know are interested.

Stefan

GordonShek 02 February 2003 12:10 PM

Sorry i've put people off with the deposit thingy, but it has to be done. It's not as if it's mega bucks anyway! I've managed to round up about 10 people, mostly guys but there's a few girls going too.

Keep the names coming!

Cheers

Gordon Shek

GordonShek 05 February 2003 04:36 PM

BTTT :D

GordonShek 07 February 2003 11:17 AM

Top!