ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   Bracknell Meet Tursday 28th Nov (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/149623-bracknell-meet-tursday-28th-nov.html)

grahamstocker 28 November 2002 05:47 PM

No thanks Dave ive just shaved it :)

Fulham71 28 November 2002 05:54 PM

Is this the place ?
New Leathern Bottle
Jealotts Hill Warfield
Bracknell Berkshire RG42 6ET
Tel: 01344 421282

[Edited by Fulham71 - 11/28/2002 5:58:16 PM]

Scott W 28 November 2002 05:57 PM

Fulham, yes it is! :D

[Edited by Scott W - 11/28/2002 5:59:11 PM]

wrxmark 28 November 2002 10:52 PM

Nice night. Ollie nice to meet you dude. Skoda man(sorry chap forgot your name)I love your your style though. Fulham if only you had the real Kylie, although it was close enough. Grabbber you need some spots on your car and to all the others, nice to meet you all. I think I will sample some of the cooking next time. Shame about the rain....

[Edited by wrxmark - 11/28/2002 10:53:25 PM]

DrEvil 28 November 2002 11:34 PM

Thanks Neil and Scott for tonight.

Nice to meet some new peeps too.

Rgds, Alex

Scott W 29 November 2002 08:43 AM

To Alex and the others, thanks for coming along, and I think we should say a big thanks to Angie and Brett again for providing a top service (even if I did have to wait a while for my pudding!!! :p;):D):)

Was a good evening all in all, and congratulations to J and Julie on their engagement. :D Just a shame they looked so brown and made Karen and I as sick as a parrot! :)

Fulham, that is one nice motor you have, and the ICE and Firestorm both sound and look great. :D BTW we'll keep quiet about your extension of a few inches, as some people might get embarassed! ;):D

[Edited by Scott W - 11/29/2002 8:45:36 AM]

Catalunya 051 29 November 2002 09:58 AM

Being the last to go I am pleased to say everyone sounded gr8 as they left, especially Fulham, I reckon it will be the dogs when you learn how to make the most of that laptop! The raz round Bracknell and down the bagshot road was good too. A block of Scoobs in a "six formation" round all the dual carriagways was definitely the business. Who was I following down the Bagshot road to Swinley Bottom and back and what power do you all make as I was surprised at how well my bog standard ageing Cat did to keep up :D (until we got into the large figures where BHP always rules of course :eek: )?

Nice to meet everyone who were new, and our new hosts were very welcoming :p

till next time...... And I expect to see lots of tinsel ;)

towzer 29 November 2002 10:21 AM

sounds like I missed a good 'un. Ended up at work until late.

Phil

Scott W 29 November 2002 10:35 AM

Cat - what were the cars? Bugeye or "Classic"? I have a feeling you followed Neil and I back in to Bracknell as there was a Scooby that followed us back. As for figures, well, Neil is around the 270bhp mark, and I'm around the 330bhp region.

Although I have to say, there was nothing in it from a standing start between Neil and I on the way back to Bracknell.

DrEvil 29 November 2002 10:52 AM

With 135Bhp I didn't stand a chance! :rolleyes: ;)

Scott W 29 November 2002 10:55 AM

Alex - so we noticed heading up the dual carriageway past the BP garage! ;):D

ScoobyJawa 29 November 2002 10:59 AM

Well, what a top evening :D Cheers to everyone who came :)

Congrats to J and Julie on their engagement :D and amazing the sort of tan you can get from a sunbed eh?! ;)

Again, more thanks to Angie and Brett for letting us take over their pub and providing some top grub :)

Very nice motor Fulham, and a good choice of media for us all to watch ;) hubba hubba :D (although the missus was cursing ;))LOL!!!
Now, just need to get a firestorm and be louder than Scott ;) :p

Cat - where exactly do you mean? Back from A322 Ascot turning to Bracknell? If so I thought you were a copper and I'd eased off(from doing 70mph ;)) ;) :eek: lol!!! Scott thought the car chasing us was a copper too - but carried on at 70 ;) regardless :D

LOL @ Alex and Scott, on the way back from the pub you could tell it was a scoob from its cornering Alex :D. Just when we hit the nationals that it was a bit struggling ;) :D (supercharger anyone?)

Cheers all,
See you next time
Neil.

DrEvil 29 November 2002 12:22 PM

Neil / Scott - LOL, last night convinced me I need the '02 Eibachs, as the Prodrive springs rolled a little too much through one corner... I'm booked into TSL on the 12 Dec for Eibachs ... wonder if a MOTEC would help any?! :rolleyes:

See you guys soon, if not, have a great Xmas & NY.

Cheers, Alex

ScoobyJawa 29 November 2002 12:46 PM

LOL - no the Motec won't help, your supposed to be saving money on this car ;) :D

Hopefully see you at the Surrey meet mate, or perhaps if we get an Xmas thing organised you might come to that?

See ya soon!

Fulham71 29 November 2002 02:34 PM

wicked evening guys
Thanks for the kind words !
& a nice leisurely drive back too ;)

druddle 29 November 2002 02:47 PM

Well sounds like i missed a good one :(

Fekkin work...........

Anyway, congrats J & J !!

Dave

99PPPDriver 30 November 2002 02:57 PM

An excellent evening! :D I heartily recommend the Mixed grill (LARGE of course:D).

After drooling over some of the cars, I'm not sure if I can put off the amp and sub any more!

Shame I couldn't stay longer for the usual burn around Windsor:(

Next time;)

Peter:D

Catalunya 051 30 November 2002 05:30 PM

Scott & ScoobyJawa - I was at the back of the six pack from the Met office round about onwards and then tried to keep up all the way down to Swinley Bottom and back up to Coral Reef. Didn't do too badly and caught you up when you eased off for the lights, also did pretty well to keep up going back towards Bracknell, the right hand bend was hairy at the speeds we were doing (standard MY97 suspension :eek: ) but still good for a standard Scoob. You've gotta luv em!