ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   SKY TV too dear? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1050518-sky-tv-too-dear.html)

gpssti4 08 November 2017 05:40 AM

I cancelled the TV part of my sky package and the price went up. So told them to poke it and signed up to Talktalk at Carphonewarehouse. Less than £30 a month for broadband, line rental, TV and movies. Not too shabby.

Norman Dog 08 November 2017 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11976932)
Yea exactly they WILL get shutdown, in fact there's going to be a big push/clamp down not just on kodi run "services" well that happens all the time now, but also on illegal IPTV sharing too in the very near future.

Mark my words faillen you narrow minded sh1tcarnt and hush your gums ;)

Even if they work for 6 months, you're still quids in to what Sky would charge you. :D

bioforger 08 November 2017 08:59 PM

nah rather not to be honest, been there done that, it's cack, quality is poo for starters even for a so called 1080p stream ;) And i can't be arsed with the inconvenience of it. If you can afford Sky its not an issue is it so why not.

urban 09 November 2017 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11977333)
nah rather not to be honest, been there done that, it's cack, quality is poo for starters even for a so called 1080p stream ;) And i can't be arsed with the inconvenience of it. If you can afford Sky its not an issue is it so why not.

Completely agree. Those 'free' streams are never reliable in my experience.
They are not maintenance free, you always seem to have to be doing something with it, pus they seem to let you down when something of importance is on, like PPV/live sports

jayallen 11 November 2017 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11976932)
Yea exactly they WILL get shutdown, in fact there's going to be a big push/clamp down not just on kodi run "services" well that happens all the time now, but also on illegal IPTV sharing too in the very near future.

Mark my words faillen you narrow minded sh1tcarnt and hush your gums ;)

You need to stop hating on IPTV Bundy boy and embrace it. :nono: I've hooked up a few people, the latest being Diddy Wong, ask him what it's like..:thumb:

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11977333)

A current photo of BT Sports 1 HD buffer free 1080p stream....:hjtwofing :D

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...9d02788e24.jpg

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11977383)
Completely agree. Those 'free' streams are never reliable in my experience.
They are not maintenance free, you always seem to have to be doing something with it, pus they seem to let you down when something of importance is on, like PPV/live sports

The free streams on Kodi are hit or miss but at the end of the day it's FREE! I only use Kodi for Films and TV programs, that's what it's best for.

bioforger 11 November 2017 03:58 PM

Embrace this! :hjtwofing And what's so good about that? is that photo taken with a potato of your lappy still? even if it's your TV it looks terrible. You're a cock Jay.

jayallen 11 November 2017 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11977844)
Embrace this! :hjtwofing And what's so good about that? is that photo taken with a potato of your lappy still? even if it's your TV it looks terrible. You're a cock Jay.

It's got everything to do with it, once again you're spouting off about something you've had no experience with, the photo is a 1080 stream which according to you, the quality is "poo". Lets be honest, even if the streams were SD, £45 for a year is fcukall! :hjtwofing

You're a bigger cock bundy...

bioforger 11 November 2017 05:47 PM

lol i have used iptv before and kodi too obv, what makes you think you are so special about using it now? most people have used some streaming service at some point, its sh1te end of. Its £45 or whatever for a reason, you get what you pay for, which is cack.

jayallen 11 November 2017 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11977866)
lol i have used iptv before and kodi too obv, what makes you think you are so special about using it now? most people have used some streaming service at some point, its sh1te end of. Its £45 or whatever for a reason, you get what you pay for, which is cack.

Yes yes, of course you have....:lol1: No ones special for using an IPTV service bundy and if you want to spend £££'s on sky/virgin then that's your prerogative so calm down poppet...:lol1:

bioforger 11 November 2017 06:50 PM

There you go again, why wouldn't i have used iptv before? there's nothing hard about signing up for it. And dick.

jayallen 12 November 2017 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11977878)
There you go again, why wouldn't i have used iptv before? there's nothing hard about signing up for it. And dick.

Hush your gums bundy boy! :hjtwofing

If anyone would like a free trial then let me know, I can point you in the right direction...:thumb:

bioforger 12 November 2017 07:31 PM

Or just use google :rolleyes:

jayallen 12 November 2017 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11978073)
Or just use google :rolleyes:

That comment highlights you don't have a clue what you're talking about.....I'm out.

bioforger 12 November 2017 10:56 PM

Why? a simple search provides plenty of "services"

Torquemada 17 November 2017 04:22 PM

I'm sure plenty of other services/addons etc. will pop up for a while but it's only going to get more and more convoluted and difficult to stream illegally

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/16/...-mpa-shutdown/

With other legal streaming services popping up, it does become more affordable but stealing your content doesn't really help in the broader sense, in the end.

Yes, many of these services are owned by the Sky's/TWC/AT&T/Verizon's/Comcast and BT's etc. of the world but more choice and flexibility of use is a good thing.

The bigger thing to worry about are net neutrality issues - you won't be watching anything except what your ISP allows if things keep being pushed in such worrying directions.

Andycat 25 July 2018 03:43 PM

So my iptv has stopped working completely had 1 year of it working perfect 90% of time

so looking for another iptv service anyone know of one ? Recommend one for the new footy season ?

bioforger 25 July 2018 06:01 PM

:)

john_d 25 July 2018 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Andycat (Post 12019905)
So my iptv has stopped working completely had 1 year of it working perfect 90% of time

so looking for another iptv service anyone know of one ? Recommend one for the new footy season ?

if your still looking PM me, my guy is stable and relaible ;)

bustaMOVEs 25 July 2018 07:38 PM

Lol at this thread.

Tbf there is probably thousands of suppliers that provide iptv, I've been with a few in my time and I've learnt is finding a supplier that's reliable and trouble free (most of the time people don't find suitable suppliers as everyone is on the bang wagon these days).
The comment about poor quality lol, I get a true 1080/720 etc trouble free and yes the picture is of that same as sky etc so that is utter tosh. Yes it doesn't play in 1080'P' but of course it doesn't as that 'p' you won't even get sky as you can't stream or watch live tv in 'p' format.

I don't really use it all the time as I don't have much time but when I do it's great, and the way I see it, watching 2 live boxing matches has paid for a year subscription easily so to me the rest is free.

bustaMOVEs 25 July 2018 07:40 PM

And I also get 33% for new orders so I only ended up paying £30 for a year lol.

RobsyUK 26 July 2018 06:36 AM

Maybe times have change but I phoned to say I want to end as it’s to expensive and they just said bye....

john_d 26 July 2018 06:45 AM

Andycat ur inbox is full m8

Andycat 26 July 2018 06:53 AM

Empty now

john_d 26 July 2018 07:04 AM

Still says its full

Andycat 26 July 2018 07:13 AM

cheers john

Mr Fuji 26 July 2018 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 12019937)
Lol at this thread.

Tbf there is probably thousands of suppliers that provide iptv, I've been with a few in my time and I've learnt is finding a supplier that's reliable and trouble free (most of the time people don't find suitable suppliers as everyone is on the bang wagon these days).
The comment about poor quality lol, I get a true 1080/720 etc trouble free and yes the picture is of that same as sky etc so that is utter tosh. Yes it doesn't play in 1080'P' but of course it doesn't as that 'p' you won't even get sky as you can't stream or watch live tv in 'p' format.

I don't really use it all the time as I don't have much time but when I do it's great, and the way I see it, watching 2 live boxing matches has paid for a year subscription easily so to me the rest is free.

Netflix, Amazon and Youtube all stream in 1080p, and whilst there's not much in the way of live TV, it is getting better.

As for live sport, the BBC iPlayer UHD/HDR coverage of the World Cup and Wimbledon was outstanding, it made interlaced video look, well, ****, really.

I am now at the point where we were when HD started to get decent penetration, I try to find UHD content as HD just doesn't cut it anymore.

Matty81 26 July 2018 09:05 AM

Does iptv work through an app on tablets tv iOS etc ?. As I had Kodi for a while and it was shocking to be honest even though I’ve got a good internet speed and I’m not paying sky’s sports subscription prices ever again.

Mr Fuji 26 July 2018 09:23 AM

I know Sky isn't cheap, but people don't go stealing other stuff because they think it's overprice or they can't afford it, it's very odd behaviour.

If everyone just streamed from Kodi or other dodgy sources, there would be no content to stream as the companies income streams wouldn't support it.

If you can't afford a Ferrari, you buy something else, but you are still buying something. Kodi etc is just theft, don't kid yourselves.

Matty81 26 July 2018 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji (Post 12019981)
I know Sky isn't cheap, but people don't go stealing other stuff because they think it's overprice or they can't afford it, it's very odd behaviour.

If everyone just streamed from Kodi or other dodgy sources, there would be no content to stream as the companies income streams wouldn't support it.

If you can't afford a Ferrari, you buy something else, but you are still buying something. Kodi etc is just theft, don't kid yourselves.

I’m not paying £30 to sky a month for 4 arsenal games a month. If they provided a subscription service so I can see all arsenal games throughout a whole season I’d pay it!, but I’m not interested in watching any other games apart from arsenal ones.

Mr Fuji 26 July 2018 09:29 AM

No, so you do not think the subscription is worth it, which is fair enough.

This is true of all sorts of things in life, but you don't go out and steal it, you just do without. Why is TV different?