ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Fan keeps kicking in (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1032060-fan-keeps-kicking-in.html)

ZANY 01 December 2015 05:51 PM

I still remember that sickly feeling in my stomache when I found out my engine was fried still remember it like yesterday although it's been over 10 years ago all the best dude:rolleyes:

Decayes 02 December 2015 04:24 PM

Update

Just had a call to say it's all running smooth and good, they changed thermostat and they have tested the car and it's perfect, they are gonna let the car sit overnight and double check with another test run tomorrow morning.

I will get a phone call when they are ready for me to collect it tomorrow. Hopefully all sorted now then.

JDM_Stig 02 December 2015 04:25 PM

Didnt they say the same after the CTS ?

Decayes 02 December 2015 04:38 PM

That they did, so I have as much confidence as I did last time, will inform you all of how it goes when I get back home with the car tomorrow after my 10mile drive home,

alcazar 02 December 2015 07:18 PM

Interested in your result.

johned 03 December 2015 11:33 AM

Fingers crossed.

Cpt Jack Sparrow 03 December 2015 11:42 AM

Any news?

Decayes 03 December 2015 11:44 AM

Got back about 10 minutes ago, the fan wasn't on when I got home. Left the car to sit on the drive way for afew minutes till the fans came on, once they came on they went back in within about 20 seconds.

So the result is all good :-)
They ended up changing the thermostat, tat seems to have been the problem, I'm not sure if that would have been caused due to the over heating problem or they just generally break anyways ?
Either way happy now that it's working all good again, in the end they haven't charged me for the radiator switch or the thermostat, nor the time spent working on finding the problem with the car.

Will give the car afew more runs before I say it is 100% perfect but up to now it is definitely how it should be

Thanks

ZANY 03 December 2015 12:51 PM

RESULT!!! Now we can name the garage as a positive result nice one happy for you bro now all the best with the dump valve :-)

ossett2k2 03 December 2015 12:53 PM

Yeh nice result that :thumb:
Looks like the garage dealt with it well in the end.

johned 03 December 2015 08:08 PM

I hope it is now sorted but to change the thermostat they would have to loose the coolant and refill so did they clear an airlock?.(Yes i am a cynic).

Decayes 03 December 2015 11:30 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm not sure on the procedure of changing the thermostat but you are probably right. However I did notice the coolant fluid had either been changed or topped up because it was significantly above the max line, I remember checking before the car went in that it was literally just on the line.

So maybe it was an airlock or maybe it was thermostat, I can't say for sure but I've been told they changed thermostat and it seems all good, did another journey earlier and again the fans were fine. Gonna give it another decent run tomorrow and if all good after that I'll name the garage.

The way I see it, it might have taken some time but they have done a good job and didn't charge me anymore for any work which is brilliant in my opinion. I know it was there fault something like this could have happened but they have rectified that with good service :-)