ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Pitbulls... Here we go again. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1029440-pitbulls-here-we-go-again.html)

RS_Matt 14 September 2015 01:06 PM

A dog has never **** in someone else's garden or on playing grass (A poo bag doesn't remove the stain folks!) or chased a sparrow.

RS_Matt 14 September 2015 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11736773)
Cats poo in people's garden, and therefore they are slagged off by some cat haters here. I don't think they raid anyone's bins anymore, because most councils have started to provide plastic containers to stick your garbage in. So, no one can slag cats off for that anymore.

I've never heard of a domestic cat mauling anyone. There was one random woman who went crying to the Daily Fail, saying that her cat who she treated like her own kid mauled her. She was just making a mountain out of a doughnut :cuckoo: According to the media, there have been some people imprisoned and threatened by their humongous Himalayan cat or alike, but come on, cats wouldn't harm a fly, metaphorically speaking.

Nearly every non-cat owner I know say they'd love to shoot a cat or that they should all be killed, I've never heard a non-dog owner say anything bad about dogs in general :/

I must be the only person who pretty much detests all non-working dogs.

ditchmyster 14 September 2015 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11736699)
I'd love to know the back story to this.

I've seen the damage caused to a grown man from one pitbull type dog attack and he literally was torn limb from limb. If those two dogs had been hell bent on their "attack" that street would literally have been a pool of blood with body parts scattered and the victim would not have been limping away. He was either very lucky or those dogs were far from frenzied.

Back story is the dogs belonged to a woman and the victim of the attack was arguing with her and she set the dogs on him.

Ref the other paragraph; my point exactly, anyone no matter how bad ass is going to have a hell of a job dealing with one dog, let alone two.

urban 14 September 2015 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11736802)
Nearly every non-cat owner I know say they'd love to shoot a cat or that they should all be killed

What planet are you on.

I've never heard anyone say that.

Devildog 14 September 2015 01:27 PM

Nearly every non-cat owner I know say they'd love to shoot a cat or that they should all be killed, I've never heard a non-dog owner say anything bad about dogs in general :/

You must know some pretty f*cked up people then Matt.

Personally I like cats. Don't have one. Have the kind of dogs you, and your narrow minded kind, would like outlawed, however. But I do like cats :thumb:

RS_Matt 14 September 2015 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11736807)
What planet are you on.

I've never heard anyone say that.

Honest? As a cat owner I hear it 2 or 3 times a day.

Even my Grandad used to put cat strays into bins full of water and put a brick on the lid.

In a village in Wakefield cats are getting shot with air rifles and killed with anti-freeze daily. Must be a Yorkshire hate thing.

RS_Matt 14 September 2015 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11736809)

Personally I like cats. Don't have one. Have the kind of dogs you, and your narrow minded kind, would like outlawed, however. But I do like cats :thumb:

It's mainly my customers tbh. Always the same dog lover bile too - "I hate cats they kill birds and **** in my garden"

Oh, so a dog wouldn't do this if it was agile enough get in gardens and be proficient at killing swift animals?

I do think Rottweilers are attractive dogs though and dobermans, but I'd always be on a knife-edge owning one. Hell we don't even keep our 2 stone cat in the room with our 3yo son.

SouthWalesSam 14 September 2015 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11736039)
... when I tell my own dogs to stop,sit,stay,wait,they do so because they have been trained properly and respect me as their owner Simples!...

^^^^ This, I think, really sums it up.

Keepers of these unpredictable, hair-trigger c0cked, potential killing machines betray a need to demonstrate the total power they wield over their tiny fiefdom and, by extension, those around them.

In reality they’re just demonstrating the weakness, inadequacies and insecurities of their deluded, attention-seeking, c0cksure over-confident personalities.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
Just look at me, man! Look what I can do! I’ve tamed the beast! Don’t mess with me!

Turbohot 14 September 2015 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11736809)

:luvlove:

See, some Rotties can get on with the cats:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sqWpbh5cH...Bperfectly.jpg

You can imagine who the boss is, among the three of them. :D

Turbohot 14 September 2015 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam (Post 11736878)

Keepers of these unpredictable, hair-trigger c0cked, potential killing machines betray a need to demonstrate the total power they wield over their tiny fiefdom and, by extension, those around them.

In reality they’re just demonstrating the weakness, inadequacies and insecurities of their deluded, attention-seeking, c0cksure over-confident personalities.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
Just look at me, man! Look what I can do! I’ve tamed the beast! Don’t mess with me!

I'd go with that.

Turbohot 14 September 2015 03:48 PM

I don't detest any dog for the sake of it. I detest their bad qualities/characteristics that some of them essentially have.

I know all dogs are capable to bite, all dogs are capable to bark in their own way (some bark quite pathetically, actually), but some do more than others.

Anyway, love the sinner, not their sin/s! Hate the sins, not the sinner! Until it behaves like your blood's thirsty limb ripper!

If any dog, working or non-working, is cool with me, I will be cool with it. If it shows me its horrific teeth to rip me apart, then I'll run a mile, and absolutely haaaaaaaaaaaate it! :mad:

Devildog 16 September 2015 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam (Post 11736878)

Just so we're all clear on this - are you suggesting that, for example, stonejedi, by having well trained dogs, is, in your opinion, instead just "demonstrating the weakness, inadequacies and insecurities of [his] deluded, attention-seeking, c0cksure over-confident personalit[y]."

And that's somehow worse than having an untrained dog (as seen in the video linked to at the start of this post)??

Are you confused? or just a bit of a prick?. Its hard to tell with you. the line is very blurred.

Oik. Is that you? or just someone with an equally sad little existence?

SouthWalesSam 16 September 2015 12:01 PM

No. I'm not suggesting.

Read my post (without moving your lips this time, if you can); I'm stating it clearly and unequivocally.

I made no comparison. You introduced one, not me.

As you well know, I am often a 'prick' (what is it with you and your c0ck obsession, Dee Dee? :cuckoo:) but you're the one who's expressing confusion.

Devildog 16 September 2015 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam (Post 11737859)
No. I'm not suggesting.

Read my post (without moving your lips this time, if you can); I'm stating it clearly and unequivocally.

I made no comparison. You introduced one, not me.

As you well know, I am often a 'prick' (what is it with you and your c0ck obsession, Dee Dee? :cuckoo:) but you're the one who's expressing confusion.

No obsession, I'm just a pretty good judge of character.

If you are stating it clearly and unequivocally then the comparison is already made. I didn't introduce it. I merely highlighted it.

If you struggle to get you head around that, perhaps you should try moving your lips when you read it back. It might help :thumb:

SouthWalesSam 16 September 2015 12:32 PM

You're just struggling. Full stop.

Devildog 16 September 2015 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam (Post 11737879)
You're just struggling. Full stop.

:lol1:

The irony of someone as over confident as you are and with a chip as big as you have (from years of racial stereotyping Sam? - who knows - I'm just curious) making sweeping generalisations about anyone, not just dog owners, being deluded, attention-seeking, c0cksure and indeed over-confident" is hilarious.

SouthWalesSam 16 September 2015 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11737920)
... someone... with a chap as big as you have ...

:facepalm: FFS, Dee Dee! You keep bigging me up and then you ask me how come I'm so confident. Can you get off the subject of my kn0b just for once!

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11737920)
from years of racial stereotyping Sam?

Foolish of you to bring it up but...
I love it when a white man (and it's only ever a white man) tells me I've got a chip on my shoulder.
It's his final refuge when he's lost the argument.

But usually, it's when we're discussing race, not kn0bs...

Or could it be that that you've put the two together and you've started to believe the racial stereotyping yourself? :D

Devildog 16 September 2015 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam (Post 11737943)
:facepalm: FFS, Dee Dee! You keep bigging me up and then you ask me how come I'm so confident. Can you get off the subject of my kn0b just for once!

Oh dear. The fact that you had to change the quote kinda makes you look a bit well, desperate.

Foolish of you to bring it up but...
I love it when a white man (and it's only ever a white man) tells me I've got a chip on my shoulder.
It's his final refuge when he's lost the argument.

But usually, it's when we're discussing race, not kn0bs...

Or could it be that that you've put the two together and you've started to believe the racial stereotyping yourself? :D

"Final refuge"? :Suspiciou Believe me, that's not anything I would have raised had I even considered this was a) an "argument" and b) that there was something to "lose" here :lol1:

I'm not stereotyping Sam. I asked you if the chip was because you had experienced [years of] it. The need to assert your opinion as fact, repeatedly, on this forum, more than hints to you having some sort of insecurity. Heck, I'd probably have some sort of chip had I experienced years of racial stereotyping. Again, you jump to conclusions and make incorrect assumptions.

You're the one hinting to the large cock. You're the one claiming only white men accuse you of having a chip on your shoulder(so clearly I'm not the first to raise the point)

If anyone is both stereotyping "white men" and believing the stereotyping of your own race here, its not me :thumb:

SouthWalesSam 17 September 2015 08:04 PM

Dee Dee, it’s easy for me to understand why you’re such an obsessive fan of mine and it's very flattering. :thumb:

And, as you’ve clearly spent a lot of time and done so much research on me and you know all about my life (far more than I knew!), would you send me a draft of the ‘ghost’ biography you’re writing on me?

If you can get a decent publisher's advance (and as it’s about me, why wouldn’t you?) I’ll agree to write the foreword (please don’t get carried away, I said foreword, not foreskin) for a 50:50 split. :D

ditchmyster 17 September 2015 08:19 PM

I have a big mean looking dog (Cane Corso) for the sole purpose of intimidating people. He sits when I tell him and he comes back when I call him, he'll bark on command and stop when I tell him to, he also has a habit of leaning on strangers, which seems to scare them. :lol1:

Does that make me less of a man somehow. :wonder:

gazzawrx 17 September 2015 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11738667)
I have a big mean looking dog (Cane Corso) for the sole purpose of intimidating people. He sits when I tell him and he comes back when I call him, he'll bark on command and stop when I tell him to, he also has a habit of leaning on strangers, which seems to scare them. :lol1:

A cane corso's not a dog, its as big as a horse:lol1:

ditchmyster 17 September 2015 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by gazzawrx (Post 11738694)
A cane corso's not a dog, its as big as a horse:lol1:

:lol1: not quite, maybe a shetland pony, I'm trying to teach him to smile at the moment, can't wait until he learns that. :lol1:

Paben 17 September 2015 09:09 PM

It does beg the question

ditchmyster 17 September 2015 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11738700)
It does beg the question

Well regardless of how bad ass I think I may be, 3 on to one without warning is a bit of a hill to climb, so I got him to be an early warning system and maybe even the odds out a bit, or at least make them think twice before trying, last time I was lucky, I don't like to take too many rolls of the dice. :thumb:

SouthWalesSam 17 September 2015 09:22 PM

Of course not!

It's a well known fact that carrying a mean-looking scrotum extension on a lead makes you an even bigger man.

ditchmyster 17 September 2015 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by SouthWalesSam (Post 11738713)
Of course not!

It's a well known fact that carrying a mean-looking scrotum extension on a lead makes you an even bigger man.

Mate if my black mamba was any bigger I'd have been had up for woman slaughter by now.:lol1:

Tbh, I have always had dogs in my family, many different kinds, first was my nans boxer that I knew from day one, after that 3 GSD's a doberman, american pit bull both my "sisters dogs" but in the same house as me, couple of mongrels in there (my sister was a bit of a dog rescuer) and then my Jack russlles (still have one) and my Cane Corso, been lot's of other dogs along the way through friends and extended family and my sisters re-homing of not very well looked after dogs, so they're in my blood and never been without one, we also had lots of cats when I was growing up too, does that mean I have a pussy extension :wonder:

Seriously dude, not everyone that owns dogs has a small d!ck or some sort of inferiority complex, some of us just like dogs and much like our distant ancestors realise the value of an extra pair of eyes, ears and teeth, as well as companionship .:thumb:

LSherratt 18 September 2015 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11738723)
Mate if my black mamba was any bigger I'd have been had up for woman slaughter by now.:lol1:

Tbh, I have always had dogs in my family, many different kinds, first was my nans boxer that I knew from day one, after that 3 GSD's a doberman, american pit bull both my "sisters dogs" but in the same house as me, couple of mongrels in there (my sister was a bit of a dog rescuer) and then my Jack russlles (still have one) and my Cane Corso, been lot's of other dogs along the way through friends and extended family and my sisters re-homing of not very well looked after dogs, so they're in my blood and never been without one, we also had lots of cats when I was growing up too, does that mean I have a pussy extension :wonder:

Seriously dude, not everyone that owns dogs has a small d!ck or some sort of inferiority complex, some of us just like dogs and much like our distant ancestors realise the value of an extra pair of eyes, ears and teeth, as well as companionship .:thumb:

If you had to pick a favourite, which would it be? Just out of curiosity, what made you chose your most recent; cane corso? I'm a dog lover too and am only on my first but have been around dogs all my life.

hodgy0_2 18 September 2015 11:12 AM

my wife is getting perilously close to getting a short haired vizsla!!!

she told me the breeder wanted references, to know her/our "work" situation and how big our garden was!!!! wtf

My wife keeps telling me "dogs are good for teenagers"

ditchmyster 18 September 2015 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11738860)
If you had to pick a favourite, which would it be? Just out of curiosity, what made you chose your most recent; cane corso? I'm a dog lover too and am only on my first but have been around dogs all my life.

Difficult to pick a favourite, never really thought about it, they all had their own personalities, strangely enough I did quite like the American pit bull, but you had to watch her with cats, she hated them and didn't give a stuff about being scratched, I liked the Doberman and my male Jack rusell too.

With the Cane Corso, I wanted a big guard dog so was looking for certain traits and came up with a short list of dogs.

Dogo Argentina.
Doberman.
Cane Corso.
Belgian shepherd.
GSD.

There are a few others but I ruled them out for various reasons, slobber, hair and cost/availability.

Dogo, couldn't find one and wouldn't be able to take it to UK and a few other places as they're banned.

Doberman guy I got in contact with just wanted silly money, same with Belgian shepherds.

Already had 3 GSD's so didn't try too hard, nothing against them as they are cracking dogs, just fancied something different.

At the point I gave up on the German guy that was breeding and training Dobermans out here a friend mentioned that he knew someone with Cane Corso's and he'd just had a litter, so I went straight over there and got the pick of the litter. :D

I basically took it as fate and he only cost me £120 which is a fraction of what they normally cost, but the guy I got him from wasn't into it for money, he just wanted something towards the cost of the food, which is understandable with 9 pups and 2 adults to feed, Cane Corso's go for around £1k so I was made up.

LSherratt 18 September 2015 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11738907)
Difficult to pick a favourite, never really thought about it, they all had their own personalities, strangely enough I did quite like the American pit bull, but you had to watch her with cats, she hated them and didn't give a stuff about being scratched, I liked the Doberman and my male Jack rusell too.

With the Cane Corso, I wanted a big guard dog so was looking for certain traits and came up with a short list of dogs.

Dogo Argentina.
Doberman.
Cane Corso.
Belgian shepherd.
GSD.

There are a few others but I ruled them out for various reasons, slobber, hair and cost/availability.

Dogo, couldn't find one and wouldn't be able to take it to UK and a few other places as they're banned.

Doberman guy I got in contact with just wanted silly money, same with Belgian shepherds.

Already had 3 GSD's so didn't try too hard, nothing against them as they are cracking dogs, just fancied something different.

At the point I gave up on the German guy that was breeding and training Dobermans out here a friend mentioned that he knew someone with Cane Corso's and he'd just had a litter, so I went straight over there and got the pick of the litter. :D

I basically took it as fate and he only cost me £120 which is a fraction of what they normally cost, but the guy I got him from wasn't into it for money, he just wanted something towards the cost of the food, which is understandable with 9 pups and 2 adults to feed, Cane Corso's go for around £1k so I was made up.

That's all fair points made. I've just googled "guardian dogs" and the Presa Canario with chopped ears looks like a beast. There is no way a stranger will attempt to walk through a garden to burglar a house with that sitting near the gate! Have a look at it- similar to the Corso I guess. Maybe I'll get one next year as a play buddy for my 6 month old DDR/Czech GSD :lol1:. I bought mine as a companion and also a deterrent but the English pedigree GSD's just don't cut it hence why I went for an imported Czech line used to patrol the borders in the Cold War.