ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Phablets... Iphone 6 plus, Nexus 6, Samsung Note 4, TALK TO ME (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1018902-phablets-iphone-6-plus-nexus-6-samsung-note-4-talk-to-me.html)

ossett2k2 13 February 2015 02:02 PM

Nice phone :)
I don't have a Mac so am still torn between ios&android :(
I suppose when the time comes things might be clearer,although I'm still looking into the blackberry as I hear they might compliment my raspberry pi nicely :wonder:

dpb 13 February 2015 02:19 PM

http://tech-ish.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Sept.jpg

LSherratt 13 February 2015 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11626534)

...and it begins! :lol1: Although maybe you should learn to embed the picture, not link it :thumb:.

An0n0m0us 13 February 2015 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11626493)
it's just IOS is better for my situation.

Shoot me down everyone if you like, but that's my reasoning! My Apple laptop was the main consideration! I'd be stupid not to stick with IOS.

...Now to enjoy :)

No shooting down from me because you made the choice based on your needs which is all anyone should do :thumb:

Galifrey 13 February 2015 02:33 PM

I had a note 2 and never used the stylus, probably be the same with the note 4. Having an option you don't use is better than not having and then maybe wanting.

Other than that, the note 4 has a better screen, better CPU, better GPU, more ram, more storage and is more customisable which are far more important to me than a stylus, but I am sure you are happy with your purchase and it suits you best.

I am using a Spigen neo hybrid case and it is awesome with really good edge protection.

JackClark 13 February 2015 04:31 PM

Good choice, Fandroids can bleat on about better this and better that, but they're running chip fat whilst we're on super unleaded. If you want a stylus they have them in the pound shop, they're a pound.

An0n0m0us 14 February 2015 07:31 AM

Lol at stylus, just highlights your complete lack of technical knowledge on anything that isn't Apple.

JackClark 14 February 2015 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11626939)
Lol at stylus, just highlights your complete lack of technical knowledge on anything that isn't Apple.

That's a bit of a broad statement, I manage to make a good living from Technology and have done for 2 decades.

Here's a link to a Samsung stylus for you http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EJ-PN910BBESTA it's for the Note 4 by Samsung, maybe you're using something other than a stylus I don't know.

ossett2k2 14 February 2015 10:31 AM

To be fair,it's not just a stylus it's a.....
Full-featured S Pen with button for gesture control
:)

dpb 14 February 2015 10:48 AM

JackClark 14 February 2015 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11626995)

LOL. More sham marketing from the leaders of that field.

LSherratt 14 February 2015 12:09 PM

Loving the 6 plus so far but I expected that having come from a 5.

The footprint of it is big, especially when you add a case to it. The size of it for me is on the limit and I would not want any phone with a bigger footprint than this (158mm length, 78mm width and the Nexus 6 160mm length, 80mm width). I think it would be very hard for anyone to justify a mobile phone with a bigger footprint because then you are bordering in proper tablet size in my opinion. It fits in my pocket fine and it's lovely to browse/surf the web on, multitasking etc with the big screen but I think this is the size mobile phones are going to get and if they're made bigger, e.g with a 7inch screen then I'm pretty sure people will genuinely find them too big.

With the next iPhone (and probably any other mobile phone for that matter), the way they can make it better which I am positive they will do is maximise the screen to the footprint of the phone, e,g make the screen go right to the very edges with no border at all. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if they start to make the screens wrapping around the phone and even on the back eventually. 160mm x 80mm footprint would be the perfect largest size IMO. When I look at my 5, it seems so small now! :lol1:

PS: The finger print scanner is great, really accurate and didn't expect it to be as good as this.

JackClark 14 February 2015 12:13 PM

TouchID is a wonderful thing. More and more apps are using it now, Dropbox and 1Password for instance.

Agreed on the size, in fact just a few mm smaller in a case would be perfect for me but I won't be going smaller.

LSherratt 14 February 2015 01:02 PM

Look at the size difference of each phone in my hand. I can easily wrap my fingers around the 5 :lol1:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2utlova.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/308e6q0.jpg

dpb 14 February 2015 01:18 PM

why r ewe having to plug into computer !

LSherratt 14 February 2015 01:21 PM

Just been syncing apps and sorting music etc...

Galifrey 14 February 2015 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11627073)
why r ewe having to plug into computer !

I was so impressed with Samsung Smart Switch on my Note 2 to Note 4 conversion. It copied everything with the phones side by side including all my historic call logs, sms, everything. No leads required for that or when switching my GF's Galaxy S3 Mini to the Note 2.

I have never seen such a seamless switch on any hardware + Newer OS swap ever in the past, very impressive.

JackClark 14 February 2015 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Galifrey (Post 11627088)
I was so impressed with Samsung Smart Switch on my Note 2 to Note 4 conversion. It copied everything with the phones side by side including all my historic call logs, sms, everything. No leads required for that or when switching my GF's Galaxy S3 Mini to the Note 2.

I have never seen such a seamless switch on any hardware + Newer OS swap ever in the past, very impressive.

That arrived with the first iPhone. Suprised to hear it's a new feature for Android, well Samsung, are you saying they don't all do that??

LSherratt 14 February 2015 03:32 PM

iPhone does contacts, calls, texts, calendars, notes, email etc as well. I simply had it plugged in to put music and apps on :lol1:. I could have also downloaded apps from the cloud without having it plugged in too.

Littleted 14 February 2015 03:37 PM

Hold on a min, did you pull my leg and just say blackberry to annoy us LOL iPhone well done

LSherratt 14 February 2015 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 11627136)
Hold on a min, did you pull my leg and just say blackberry to annoy us LOL iPhone well done

Yes and it worked a treat :lol1: Keep up! :D

An0n0m0us 14 February 2015 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11626995)

He clearly has not used one so has no idea what he is talking about. Would like to see him get any old stylus for his iphone and try to do the things the S-Pen does.

JackClark 14 February 2015 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11627162)
He clearly has not used one so has no idea what he is talking about. Would like to see him get any old stylus for his iphone and try to do the things the S-Pen does.

You're wrong and right at the same time, I have seen and used the stylus, it works like a stylus but had an overlay that showed the position of the stylus, a pointless waste of resource which you won't see on an iPhone.

An0n0m0us 14 February 2015 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11627218)
You're wrong and right at the same time, I have seen and used the stylus, it works like a stylus but had an overlay that showed the position of the stylus, a pointless waste of resource which you won't see on an iPhone.

And that proves my point, not a clue what you are talking about.

JackClark 14 February 2015 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11627227)
And that proves my point, not a clue what you are talking about.

Are you saying I made it up or admitting you were wrong?

An0n0m0us 14 February 2015 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11627341)
Are you saying I made it up or admitting you were wrong?

I'm saying you are talking sh!t as usual, don't how much more clear I can make it.

dpb 15 February 2015 09:08 AM

Must be difficult for him, when in town he must be magnetically sucked into teh apple store, past all the real shops ....( the ones offering choice ).
:(

ossett2k2 15 February 2015 09:35 AM

I must say,my brother just got the galaxy S5 and he loves it. Having a look last night and it does look sweet! Great looking screen,very fast and I can't believe how light it is compared to my iphone5. He also says it's fully waterproof for upto 30mins,I know I won't be going swimming with it but useful all the same.
I'm really swaying more towards android now :wonder: