ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   Blob WRX Wagon 2.1 Stroker Project (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/1010298-blob-wrx-wagon-2-1-stroker-project.html)

ScottyPPP 18 September 2018 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 12027328)
Bet that goes well
hopefully that t end of your woes and you get to enjoy it mate

Absolutely flies! Hopefully, although the silicone hose I used for breather has split where it connects to the block breather so out of action for a couple of days whilst I wait for a stronger reinforced hose to arrive. Might also explain my oil drips round the back of the engine....

ScottyPPP 18 September 2018 06:15 PM

Turbo is a stock location Mamba GTX3076R with a 3" inlet.

the shreksta 18 September 2018 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 12027326)

awesome results mate, i bet your glad you didnt give up on it now :)

rsjohn 18 September 2018 09:34 PM

Good results but are you going to turn the boost up, 1.6 bar is low for one of these spec turbos?

scoobypaul_temp 18 September 2018 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 12027326)

Nice one bud, your patience and persistence has paid off :luxhello:

ScottyPPP 18 September 2018 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by rsjohn (Post 12027369)
Good results but are you going to turn the boost up, 1.6 bar is low for one of these spec turbos?

It's fine for now, I wanted it safe with plenty of power. It's actually made more power at less boost than the first time it was mapped. Previously it made 472 @ 1.7 bar.

More boost doesn't always equal more power anyway.

ScottyPPP 27 September 2018 09:40 AM

Doing some work on the brakes over the weekend, current front pads are basically done, scary to drive it at the moment :lol:

Have some new fluid, ATE Racing, Performance Friction Pads and some new braided brake lines from ICP to fit. Next up is Coilovers and I need to do a bit of wiring to tidy up my launch control and anti lag switches.

the shreksta 27 September 2018 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 12028465)
Doing some work on the brakes over the weekend, current front pads are basically done, scary to drive it at the moment :lol:

Have some new fluid, ATE Racing, Performance Friction Pads and some new braided brake lines from ICP to fit. Next up is Coilovers and I need to do a bit of wiring to tidy up my launch control and anti lag switches.

good stuff mate.

out of curiosity which clutch/flywheel do you have in this?

ScottyPPP 27 September 2018 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12028555)
good stuff mate.

out of curiosity which clutch/flywheel do you have in this?

Competition Clutch Stage 2 and their lightweight flywheel also.

ScottyPPP 02 October 2018 09:56 AM

Coilovers have been purchased, should be able to fit them at the weekend hopefully :). Went with BC's, couldn't find Miester R's forsale anywhere and need them on and sorted prior to the MOT on the 13th.

BrownPantsRacing 02 October 2018 01:35 PM

Good work.

Nice to see the spending is still going strong! :D

the shreksta 02 October 2018 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12029092)
Good work.

Nice to see the spending is still going strong! :D

its a subaru....................the spending never stops lol

BrownPantsRacing 02 October 2018 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12029104)
its a subaru....................the spending never stops lol

Ain't that true! Christ.

ScottyPPP 04 October 2018 11:55 AM

Coilovers have arrived 😁

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...a899a2e7e7.jpg

BrownPantsRacing 04 October 2018 01:49 PM

Oooh. More shiny bits to fit! :)

rsjohn 04 October 2018 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 12029351)

How much did they cost you?

ScottyPPP 04 October 2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by rsjohn (Post 12029372)
How much did they cost you?

Got them from Scoobyworld, Pre-set at -40mm so I can just stick them on and not have to faff with ride height adjustments for now as the MOT is on the 13th. Cost £800 but that was with priority delivery as I needed them to go on this weekend.

ScottyPPP 04 October 2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12029369)
Oooh. More shiny bits to fit! :)

Will be fitting them on Sunday.

pjarvis6666 05 October 2018 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 12029351)

Which springs did you go for? i went with the softer setting and seems great, very happy with them so far

ScottyPPP 07 October 2018 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by pjarvis6666 (Post 12029533)
Which springs did you go for? i went with the softer setting and seems great, very happy with them so far

6 front 5 rear.

ScottyPPP 07 October 2018 09:18 PM

Got the Coilovers fitted this morning in a couple of hours with a mate. All went well, ride height seems about right, maybe a touch higher than it was on the prodrive springs. Going to let them settle a bit before I fiddle with them. Set the preload on the springs etc too.

I set the dampers 8 clicks from full soft for the first drive and they're way too soft so going to knock them round a bit further to harder. Ride seems lovely on them, very compliant, not crashy or banging about etc. All seems good so far.

ScottyPPP 09 October 2018 04:44 PM

Had a play with the dampers today, put another 8 clicks towards harder on all round. Feels much better now. Still a smoother ride than I had with the Prodrive springs too :D. The tracking needs looking at though now they're on. Steering feels very self centring.

MOT is booked for Saturday morning, will hopefully get the tracking sorted at the same time.

the shreksta 09 October 2018 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 12030064)
Had a play with the dampers today, put another 8 clicks towards harder on all round. Feels much better now. Still a smoother ride than I had with the Prodrive springs too :D. The tracking needs looking at though now they're on. Steering feels very self centring.

MOT is booked for Saturday morning, will hopefully get the tracking sorted at the same time.

hi

really glad this is coming along nicely now for you after your **** luck you had.

whats next for the car? any bodystyling you feel it needs?

BrownPantsRacing 09 October 2018 05:19 PM

Wait for it.....

Car now up for sale! :D

You'd better not sell after all the effort put into it. Need some nice up to date pics of the car and engine please!!!! :)

the shreksta 09 October 2018 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12030073)
Wait for it.....

You'd better not sell after all the effort put into it. Need some nice up to date pics of the car and engine please!!!! :)

i agree, give it a good detail and take it somewhere to get some good pics............NOT FOR SALE PICS LOL

ScottyPPP 09 October 2018 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12030071)
hi

really glad this is coming along nicely now for you after your **** luck you had.

whats next for the car? any bodystyling you feel it needs?

More suspension bits, probably alloy lower arms etc. Bodywise I might get some stuff tidied up next spring but like to keep it Stealthy really as it surprises the hell out of people 😂😂.

ScottyPPP 09 October 2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12030073)
Wait for it.....

No it's not for sale 😂. I wouldn't even know what to price it at to be honest! I'll get some more pics next time it's washed!

Floyd 10 October 2018 10:51 AM

Great project BTW!

How much clearance do you have on the tyres to coil overs, when lowered?

boggissimo 10 October 2018 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 12030097)
More suspension bits, probably alloy lower arms etc. Bodywise I might get some stuff tidied up next spring but like to keep it Stealthy really as it surprises the hell out of people 😂😂.

You probably know this already, but if you're going to do the alloy arms soon, don't bother with alignment yet, the alloy arms are 10mm wider (each) so it will push your geometry out. And you'll need a saloon ARB too, and droplinks I think, Just about to get the arms switched on my wagon.

ScottyPPP 11 October 2018 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by boggissimo (Post 12030142)
You probably know this already, but if you're going to do the alloy arms soon, don't bother with alignment yet, the alloy arms are 10mm wider (each) so it will push your geometry out. And you'll need a saloon ARB too, and droplinks I think, Just about to get the arms switched on my wagon.

I haven't even got the arms yet, will probably do it over the winter. I need to sort the alignment out though as the steering feels very funky at the moment. The tyres start squealing even with a small bit of lock on.