ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Leamington & Warwick Scoobs Sign In !! (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/545111-leamington-and-warwick-scoobs-sign-in.html)

Mrs JSH 15 August 2007 06:13 PM

Yes that would have been me, on the way to see my family, another year older that day.... but hey what's a number.

Thanks for the wave :luxhello:

Molds 15 August 2007 06:33 PM

Red classic with black wheels, about 9.30am today (15/08) on Myton road. Looking very very clean and shiny! I was on my push bike and checked your car out. You spotted me looking but of course it wouldnt make sense with me being on a bike lol

Blademaster 15 August 2007 07:44 PM

Spotted another Police Subaru on Sunday afternoon with lots of its friends on the M40.

They were pulling a Harley out of the field next to me.

Bloody vandals!

That copper chopper ruined our BBQ....

wrxseeker 20 August 2007 10:08 AM

As well as the Black STi and a unmarked Silver TDCI Focus it appears Leamington police also have a unmarked Silver 07 plate Focus ST - Saw it this morning pulling over a car at the top of the parade.

I now know why the police want so much of my council tax !!!!

Rob305 26 August 2007 03:54 PM

just been to the leamington 100 that was organised it was a good turn out with so many different cars, pick of the bunch Sheps metallic green scooby that won the award in the modified catergory!!! Wat a car, immaculate for top to bottom amazing!!! top dog Shep!!!

james baldwin 26 August 2007 06:03 PM

Evening all!

I know its slightly off topic for in here, but at least I get to ask all the "local lads!"

Looking to get some bodywork done - dent removed from OSR passenger door, reap bumper tidying up, and then colour coded everything on my DBM classic. Any suggestions or recommendations as some good places to start to go and get some quotes?

James

averyp2 26 August 2007 06:13 PM

Nice to meet you today Rob, lovely p1 you got there.
Sheps scooby is quality though, and selling for 8k, bargain!!
James try Spa Garage in between the Leamington train station and the Ford plant, they are good from what i hear. Also try Southam Bodies, co-owned by Shep so you know its gunna be good quality there :thumb:

Paul

james baldwin 26 August 2007 06:24 PM

Cheers Paul! I know someone who has used them Spa Garage peeps before, and whilst I think the workmanship was good, they seemed WAY overpriced IMO.

Southam Bodies though, that sounds good! Where are they in Southam then, on that industrial estate?

averyp2 26 August 2007 06:44 PM

round the back of Laser tools if you know where that is. Kineton road industrial estate i believe. Only thing is i was speaking to a mate from work who had a quote from them, and they are so popular they have quite a backlog at the mo so im told

james baldwin 26 August 2007 06:53 PM

Really? Oh well, I'll give them a shout anyway and see what they say. Might be worth going down so they can actually see what needs doing.

Havent got a clue where laser tools is mate, but Im sure I'll find it somehow! :)

Rob305 26 August 2007 07:05 PM

hey there mate which one were u did u own the red one?? glad u like the scooby mate thank u !! sheps is amazing value for 8 grand if only i had the cash, it definaltey deserves an owner that will take as good care of it as shep does!!! knew he would win that award!

Originally Posted by averyp2 (Post 7210195)
Nice to meet you today Rob, lovely p1 you got there.
Sheps scooby is quality though, and selling for 8k, bargain!!
James try Spa Garage in between the Leamington train station and the Ford plant, they are good from what i hear. Also try Southam Bodies, co-owned by Shep so you know its gunna be good quality there :thumb:

Paul

james baldwin 26 August 2007 08:02 PM

By the way, drove past a tidy white classic in Warwick yesterday, at the junction at the end of High Street/Jury Street (whatever its called)! :)

Molds 27 August 2007 12:14 PM

James, its not exactly local but I took a trip to Scoobyclinic and had the colour coding pack done. Admittedly I took the trip up to see them for other things as well but the CC pack at a fixed price is excellent VFM IMO and mine still looks as good as when they first did it so not a bodge. Just some food for thought :)

Sounds like the Leam100 went well. I really wanted to go and had even thought I might take my car along. Unfortunately my g/f was moving house and there was no way I was getting out of lifting duties! Anyone take any pics..?

averyp2 27 August 2007 12:22 PM

Yes Rob mine was the red'n. Mate took a few pics just waiting for him to send them over before i'll whack them on here

james baldwin 27 August 2007 12:27 PM

Molds mate, cheers for the info :)

I was going to get the SC colour coding pack, as I also thought it was a reasonable price. Contacted them the other week and they said the price has risen from £230+VAT to £270+VAT due to new equipments or paints or something..?

Molds 27 August 2007 04:14 PM

James, I think thats still pretty good VFM even at that price and they are good lads up there. Mine was done maybe two years ago, perhaps longer and it still looks as good as the day it was done although I dont manage more then 2000 miles a year so not sure how fair that test is? : They also tidied up little bits for me "just because".. without even mentioning it let alone asking for more money! I had my clutch done at the same time as they offered a very keen price. If you have a few things you want doing then perhaps make your trip worth while...

Remember API up the road in Ufton deal with some good guys for paint work as well as being top banana for mechanicals.

Just took my car out for the first time in 8 weeks and its leaking power steering fluid. God its heavy on full manual effiort! :o A call to API tomorrow for me...

Cyberevo 27 August 2007 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by james baldwin (Post 7210175)
Evening all!

I know its slightly off topic for in here, but at least I get to ask all the "local lads!"

Looking to get some bodywork done - dent removed from OSR passenger door, reap bumper tidying up, and then colour coded everything on my DBM classic. Any suggestions or recommendations as some good places to start to go and get some quotes?

James

I used Spa Garage for my golf a few years ago and was not impressed.

Welcome to Perfect Finish These guys are in Coventry and I had a dent removed and paint on my DC5 wing, they did a very good job and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

james baldwin 27 August 2007 08:12 PM

What golf was it? Remember a dark blue cabrio I think, mk1 golf that had a load of work done there once upon a time!

Cyberevo 28 August 2007 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by james baldwin (Post 7212451)
What golf was it? Remember a dark blue cabrio I think, mk1 golf that had a load of work done there once upon a time!

No, it was a Mk4 Gti 150bhp... It had car wash damage, yes my own fault. lesson learnt.

wrxseeker 28 August 2007 02:48 PM

James,

Love the american car in the 2nd pick of view your scooby - its not yours is it ?? I think its a '70 mustang GT350

or did you just spot it (at sainsbury's warwick ????) ?

Trowens 28 August 2007 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by james baldwin (Post 7210208)
Cheers Paul! I know someone who has used them Spa Garage peeps before, and whilst I think the workmanship was good, they seemed WAY overpriced IMO.

Southam Bodies though, that sounds good! Where are they in Southam then, on that industrial estate?

Southam bodies? is that the same as micar bodies in Southam? If so, I had my drivers rear quater repaired by them after the AA put a dent in it while recovering my third engine failure. I have no luck! They did a great job but were quite pricey, maybe this was because they knew the AA were paying tho. Car looked like new when I got it back, inside and out. The guy I dealt with was very helpfull too, David I think he was called.

james baldwin 28 August 2007 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by wrxseeker (Post 7213828)
James,

Love the american car in the 2nd pick of view your scooby - its not yours is it ?? I think its a '70 mustang GT350

or did you just spot it (at sainsbury's warwick ????) ?

I wish it bloody was mate :)

You were right the second time I'm afraid, driving out of Sainsburys warwick and saw that parked down the other end of the car park, would be highly rude not to pull over, have a peek inside and take a pic! :thumb:

wrxseeker 28 August 2007 03:40 PM

Dont worry I would have done the same - I love it.

Its actually a Shelby Mustang 350GT :notworthy - I want one !!

james baldwin 28 August 2007 03:47 PM

Was indeed a Shelby Mustang 350 GT :)

And, it was bloody immaculate. Shame I only had my phone on me to take a snap really!

Bald Speed Racing 28 August 2007 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trowens (Post 7213849)
Southam bodies? is that the same as micar bodies in Southam? If so, I had my drivers rear quater repaired by them after the AA put a dent in it while recovering my third engine failure. I have no luck! They did a great job but were quite pricey, maybe this was because they knew the AA were paying tho. Car looked like new when I got it back, inside and out. The guy I dealt with was very helpfull too, David I think he was called.

Nur Micar bodies are close but different peeps. Greg who runs its with Shep use to work at the body shop in Ladbrooke just up the road from Southam. Greg is a bit of a hero in the VeeDub so he spends a lot of time spraying golfs.

If anyone has seen a red euro Lupo pimping around sat on its ass its Iain who works for Greg and Shep

scoobyshep. 28 August 2007 10:29 PM

Hi everyone been a while since my last post,thanks for the comments
on my car, enjoyed that in the glorious sunshine on sunday.
A contact no for us at Southam Bodies is 01926 813676 im sure we
be able to sort you out.
ta Shep...

Cyberevo 30 August 2007 06:57 PM

On the way to work this morning on the A41, heading out of Hatton up towards the Waterman and there was a fair bit of traffic, looked in my rear view and charging up behind me with it's blue lights flashing was the black Sti and sliver focus.

They cut past all the traffic very quickly, god knows which way they went past the pub but they were in a hurry or having a race:)

james baldwin 30 August 2007 08:27 PM

I think I must be the only one that HASNT seen this copper scoob yet

averyp2 30 August 2007 11:22 PM

Many a scoob up at the Shires today, a few i havnt seen before.
1st a mica red classic with gold decals (got excited thinking it was my old car but it wasnt), then a green saloon with mid level spoiler, and finally a nice rb5

APIDavid 31 August 2007 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cyberevo (Post 7219108)
On the way to work this morning on the A41, heading out of Hatton up towards the Waterman and there was a fair bit of traffic, looked in my rear view and charging up behind me with it's blue lights flashing was the black Sti and sliver focus.

They cut past all the traffic very quickly, god knows which way they went past the pub but they were in a hurry or having a race:)

Of course they weren't racing, whatever gave you that idea?

They were; " evaluating the cars' performance in line with their needs to understand its potential when doing their duty ".

Which actually means that you drive at up to 150 mph and get away with it.

I shall certainly use that as an answer if and when I get a pull whilst out mapping. AND I shall go to court with it. There shouldn't be a law for them and a law for us.

David APi