ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   So called traders,,,, PAHHHH!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/999008-so-called-traders-pahhhh.html)

Kwik 06 March 2014 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11371776)
Kwik will buy them brakes off you.

I don't see the problem, perhaps he should pay me to refurb them :lol1:

https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums...ps11435d82.jpg

joshnosh 06 March 2014 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 11371726)
Its in the rules , SN takes no responsibility.

scoobynet are not responsible for any traders actions no but they are responsible for letting it continue

other dealers are paying to use the site. part off that service should be that rogue traders are removed. eventualy no one will buy from them and then they will all leave. ergo no money!

also this website is full off adverts that should pay for it and 3rdly scoobynet should have paid premium membership if funding is a problem

jayallen 06 March 2014 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by addi monster (Post 11371767)

ps, Sorry to hear about the bonnet issue dood :thumb:

$hit happens mate...

Kwik 06 March 2014 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by joshnosh (Post 11371829)
scoobynet are not responsible for any traders actions no but they are responsible for letting it continue

other dealers are paying to use the site. part off that service should be that rogue traders are removed. eventualy no one will buy from them and then they will all leave. ergo no money!

also this website is full off adverts that should pay for it and 3rdly scoobynet should have paid premium membership if funding is a problem

It does, but the area's you get for premium membership are dead.

People don't use itrader, and it isn't emphasized enough.

dj219957 06 March 2014 07:57 PM

bad luck mate, its all too common now. ebay is the same, i never buy parts without viewing them in person first now and i only buy local. too many messers about these days. Lots of Scoobys have fallen in the hands of chav idiots now which doesnt help.

imprezaworks 06 March 2014 08:09 PM

I've ordered off Darren before, never had an issue

mickywrx 06 March 2014 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by imprezaworks (Post 11371868)
I've ordered off Darren before, never had an issue

Your nose is growing Dan! Parts not turning up when promised ring any bells?

Addi, those calipers look like some that, that Triple Filtered idiot sold to someone local, I'll try and find the thread/pics.

mickywrx 06 March 2014 08:28 PM

No adverts on mine,

< Plus Membership sees to that. :)

joshnosh 06 March 2014 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 11371845)
It does, but the area's you get for premium membership are dead.

People don't use itrader, and it isn't emphasized enough.

this site needs to take a page from astra owners club.

member only wount and never will work
you need to offer things like. signatures only if your a member. different coloured names. extra inbox capacity
only be able to sell if you are a member

honestly this forum really isnt great. iv only been on here a short while but the longer im on here the worse it seems to get

the fact that i didn't know membership even existed says alot about the membership

Oranges 06 March 2014 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11371689)
i buy off 1 breaker on here..............mattybr5@mpdevelopments i have had engine/gearbox/turbo/exhaust/manifold + more off him,never ever had a problem with him or his parts

This, I wouldn't buy from anyone else, ever.
Helpful chap and always sends out quality.

nizmo80 06 March 2014 08:31 PM

I dont see any adverts when I am on scoobynet
but then again I am a paid premium member here on scoobynet :lol1:

Kwik 06 March 2014 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by joshnosh (Post 11371897)
this site needs to take a page from astra owners club.

member only wount and never will work
you need to offer things like. signatures only if your a member. different coloured names. extra inbox capacity

honestly this forum really isnt great. iv only been on here a short while but the longer im on here the worse it seems to get

the fact that i didn't know membership even existed says alot about the membership

Paid membership includes...
extra inbox capacity
signatures only if your a member

nizmo80 06 March 2014 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 11371911)
Paid membership includes...
extra inbox capacity
signatures only if your a member

dont forget access all areas of scoobynet :thumb:

joe v3sti 06 March 2014 08:37 PM

Even you couldn't do anything with those calipers Kwik haha

nizmo80 06 March 2014 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11371920)

LOL dont know about that all kwik needs is a screwdriver a massive hammer and a tin of p1ss coloured yellow paint and any caliper can be done by KWIK LOL

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...rio-hammer.png

tubbytommy 06 March 2014 08:40 PM

Haha you can't addi.
Stop being a pikey and buying old sh1t:hjtwofing

gazney101 06 March 2014 08:54 PM

i could be wrong but im 90 percent sure those calipers used to belong to me, i broke an 03wrx and those were the calipers that came off it, i gave them to a bloke at my mot centre who said he would have a go at cleaning them up and fitting them to his classic sti.

I have no idea how a trader on here ended up with them though.

Kwik 06 March 2014 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11371920)

This was a pair I got from a "magic" painter...

https://www.scoobynet.com/showpost.p...&postcount=308

Although they are better than most of his finishes :lol1:.

thenewgalaxy 06 March 2014 09:08 PM

SN provides two things for me. A place to make good contacts (and true life friends), and also a place to learn about what to avoid. Some top people on here but also some real asshats.

Some proper scammers on here, on eBay, Gumtree, you name it. Not sure why anyone bothers to buy parts from those sources anymore but I guess a few of us have faith if we feel we can trust the seller. I've bought parts on here but only off regular posters who would have a lot to lose if they upset me.

While it's been mentioned I don't feel I get much for my paid membership. I get to access fight club and the adult section that no one even uses anyway. It's pretty much the same as being an unpaid member.

Oh, and for my subscription the lazy cnuts can't even be arsed to make a hatch logo for the user profiles.

jayallen 06 March 2014 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 11371827)
I don't see the problem, perhaps he should pay me to refurb them :lol1:

When i first saw them i thought of yours...:lol1:

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11371956)
SN provides two things for me. A place to make good contacts (and true life friends)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Richard, :luvlove:

:D

While it's been mentioned I don't feel I get much for my paid membership. I get to access fight club and the adult section that no one even uses anyway. It's pretty much the same as being an unpaid member.

Hence why for the first time I've not renewed my membership..

ditchmyster 06 March 2014 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11371738)
Unless you are a SN trader :lol1:

If they arrived at my door i would of personally drove them back and shoved them up the traders arse!

+1 sideways.:thumb:

rob84 06 March 2014 09:57 PM

Oh, and for my subscription the lazy cnuts can't even be arsed to make a hatch logo for the user profiles.

+1 to that, I bloody asked 4 years ago for one :cry:

thenewgalaxy 06 March 2014 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11371986)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Richard, :luvlove:

Come join me in the hot tub :lol1:

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11371986)
Hence why for the first time I've not renewed my membership..

Facebook is pretty much FC now :D

Originally Posted by rob84 (Post 11372022)
+1 to that, I bloody asked 4 years ago for one :cry:

That elevates them to meecrob status.

Tony Harrington 06 March 2014 11:56 PM

I do feel your pain & anyone can make a simple error of judgement.

What I can't understand is why someone with such experience as yourself would attempt to purchase item/s from someone who has a ?mark hanging over them.

Even I as a relative newbie to performance cars would not go anywhere near a ?mark over anyone on here considering all the scams that go on!

Comboflip 07 March 2014 10:44 AM

Everyone of the traders charge to much for second hand/used parts I mean I know they have to make a living but £350 for a heavily used common turbo such as the vf35 and six speed sti gearboxes are overpriced if something went wrong withit after a month it would cost you over 3k inc to buy and repair.i paid £200 for my vf35 which had only done 21,000 miles.think these traders take advantage of us car owners

Qwertyco 07 March 2014 11:58 AM

I've had scrap metal delivered from one of those traders in the OP as well.
They wanted me to send it back before they would refund.
Some High definition pics posted on another Subaru site and they soon changed their mind.
Still took months to get the refund though.
Some parts just never arrived at all.

alcazar 07 March 2014 01:36 PM

And still it goes on....!

Apparently there is nothing Scoobynet, or IB (Internet Brands) can do....except laugh all the way to the bank:mad:

addi monster 07 March 2014 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Harrington (Post 11372167)
I do feel your pain & anyone can make a simple error of judgement.

What I can't understand is why someone with such experience as yourself would attempt to purchase item/s from someone who has a ?mark hanging over them.

Even I as a relative newbie to performance cars would not go anywhere near a ?mark over anyone on here considering all the scams that go on!

I think you need to re read the OP Tony. The 2 I bought off are apparently highly recommended.

Kwik 07 March 2014 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11372072)
Facebook is pretty much FC now :D .

Yup have to agree scooby chat has a better class of member, is faster to get answers and no trolling.
The only thing with fb is the dog **** some people sell on some of the clubs.

alcazar 07 March 2014 07:15 PM

And exactly how many responses have you had, to this thread, from a moderator, or Admin?????