ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Police (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/993099-police.html)

cster 31 December 2013 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Felix. (Post 11308474)
Could it be a case that every now and then mistakes are made by individuals...?

Or that it is Human nature when given an inch, to take a yard?

AndyBaker 31 December 2013 07:27 PM

Got a fine when I was younger for having a light out so when I spotted a panda car with Its light out some weeks later I went to the local police station to report him armed with his registration number. Sargeant said "I can assure you that the car would have been checked before he went out and everything would have been working fine" to which I replied "funny that, that's exactly what I said and it still cost me £30". Happy New Year. Andy

pimmo2000 31 December 2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by AndyBaker (Post 11308595)
Got a fine when I was younger for having a light out so when I spotted a panda car with Its light out some weeks later I went to the local police station to report him armed with his registration number. Sargeant said "I can assure you that the car would have been checked before he went out and everything would have been working fine" to which I replied "funny that, that's exactly what I said and it still cost me £30". Happy New Year. Andy

Anything come of it ?

AndyBaker 31 December 2013 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11308651)
Anything come of it ?

What do you think :Suspiciou.

Sorry, sounds a bit sarcastic but. The answer is fcuk all.

pimmo2000 31 December 2013 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by AndyBaker (Post 11308706)
What do you think :Suspiciou.

Sorry, sounds a bit sarcastic but. The answer is fcuk all.

No I deserved that.

AndyBaker 01 January 2014 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11308732)
No I deserved that.

Not really, it's just that coppers bring the worst out in me and my old man was one for 30 odd years :D

DYK 01 January 2014 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by BLU (Post 11302029)
They say not, but I wouldn't be surprised if some officers did!

I'm not anti Police in any way and feel on the whole they do a fab job, its just a small minority who seem to get a power trip when they put the uniform on that annoys me!

The manoeuvre was a typical bully-in-a-BMW move, just the BMW in question had a Police livery. I should have got the reg number really.....but never mind, a Scoobynet rant always makes me feel better!!

It not just out on the street with the public that some of them are like that,some are just complete assholes not matter where.Used to work in the police in transport division and some of them had a power trip within the force.We were next to firearms but apart from a few acting like flashy ponce gits in their Toyota mr2 they basically kept to themselves.It were more the mainstream coppers,canteen of a morning some looked at you like you shouldn't be in same room as them,I used to use the gym of an afternoon to have a bit of go on the punch bag,fook I used to give it a good bashing :D .. This one copper would call up now and then to get info on vehicles,he always had to make some sarcastic comment,the one time he made some horrible sarcastic comment about mechanics not being able to use computers,oh really we'll give me the details and I'll look it up,fooling piece of sh1t.He's the one copper would of like to use his head as a punch bag most of all..But others were spot on you know,had a chat and a laugh,even though it were only a quick call in to pick up or drop off vehicles.So don't take what happened to hard,and yea you did have right of way,obstruction was on his side of the road.