ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   s3 vs p1 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/991517-s3-vs-p1.html)

ditchmyster 02 December 2013 05:21 PM

I'd expect this sort of post from a fresh newb, but you've been on here a few years.

I won't condem you though as we were all ejits once upon a time.;)

tan v5sti 02 December 2013 05:39 PM

I no wat i did sounds terrible but it was done safely..people can say what they want really not bothered...

imprezaworks 02 December 2013 05:47 PM

Lol, great reply. If your not bothered what people think then why did you start the thread? Did you expect this to go any other way lol.

bighead 02 December 2013 05:47 PM

as in Paul Walker ....rip , save the speed for the track guys , if you race on public roads .....you are risking not just yr own life but others .

imprezaworks 02 December 2013 05:53 PM

Didn't like to use that as referance but yeah. Anyway we've all been there, close the thread IMO as this will drag on for another six pages.

gazney101 02 December 2013 06:01 PM

Cant believe the grief your getting over a bit of street racing i dont believe any of these people havent had a few mischievous duals, you all sound like law abiding snobs ffs.

stann01 02 December 2013 06:13 PM

was sat at the lights the other day, young guy in a 13 plate something or other next to me.
had my son in car and we was chatting away, lights changed and the guy in 13 plate flew away like vin diesel !!! did not expec that lmao.

imprezaworks 02 December 2013 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by gazney101 (Post 11282052)
Cant believe the grief your getting over a bit of street racing i dont believe any of these people havent had a few mischievous duals, you all sound like law abiding snobs ffs.

Did you read sonething to post 1?

alcazar 02 December 2013 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by tan v5sti (Post 11281992)
Since when is a dual carriageway 30/40..it was a 60 we floored it to 80 and cooled off...u buy a fast car for quick burst of acceleration when you ferl like it

80 in a 60 limit?
How clever you are...even cleverer coming on here admitting it.:Whatever_

alcazar 02 December 2013 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by gazney101 (Post 11282052)

Try not to be silly.

We don't all drive like angels ALL the time...but we DON'T go on a public forum, admitting it and bragging about it.

Worlasshasansti 02 December 2013 06:39 PM

Would he have gotten a different reaction if he had said "had a play with an s3 today"?

Genuinely just wondering as saying "street race" sounds ridiculous lol.

Anyway everyone's done it at some point just not everyone's daft enough to plaster it all over the tinterweb.

Mick

AndyBaker 02 December 2013 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11282079)
Try not to be silly.

We don't all drive like angels ALL the time...but we DON'T go on a public forum, admitting it and bragging about it.

Spot on :thumb: these stories are best kept for the local meets :)

imprezaworks 02 December 2013 06:41 PM

At macdonalds. Only messing op, bit bored before I'm a celeb so killing time.

jayallen 02 December 2013 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by tan v5sti (Post 11281685)
Just had a few street races with mates 13 plate s3..hes running stock im running 320..what a race..we tried all starts from rolling to launches,the p1 was edging in front everytime..anybody elsehad any experiance with the latest s3..its fekkin fast tho

http://bigpinekey.com/wp-content/uploads/an-hero1.gif

:rolleyes:

Rob669 02 December 2013 07:12 PM

Unbelieveable!

OP - you're daft buddy to post on here really because...

I guess some of you folks are the same people I pass everyday driving at 74.9 mph along the M4 just in case you get told off by someone in authority.

It really is ridiculous; whatever happened to rock 'n roll?

PS mine does 140+!!

imprezaworks 02 December 2013 07:20 PM

77 mate but takes me around six seconds, less from a rolling start

bustaMOVEs 02 December 2013 07:21 PM

It's wierd how many slate, but every fecker has/done it on here on a public road, it's just you must be a bellend to post it on Internet.

What you do at home, keep quiet
What you do to your wife in bed, keep quiet
What you do when your out with the lads.....don't tell the wife :D

Rob669 02 December 2013 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by imprezaworks (Post 11282142)
77 mate but takes me around six seconds, less from a rolling start

But that's really bad, too.

This thread should be locked. Pointless topic IMHO.

gazney101 02 December 2013 07:26 PM

I agree the public roads demand respect, and theres a time and place for it but fcuk me the op must of posted this in the over 50's knights bridge section.

It reminds me of the reaction del boy gets from the yuppy's before he falls over at the bar

Play it cool trig my saannn

jayallen 02 December 2013 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rob669 (Post 11282129)
Unbelieveable!

OP - you're daft buddy to post on here really because...

I guess some of you folks are the same people I pass everyday driving at 74.9 mph along the M4 just in case you get told off by someone in authority.

It really is ridiculous; whatever happened to rock 'n roll?

PS mine does 140+!!

Oh look, another fcuking idiot...! Street racing threads bring them all out.

ScoobyNoob79 02 December 2013 07:39 PM

It's all fun and games until a tyre randomly blows and you flip the fcuker and kill the woman and children in the car behind on their way to school...

bustaMOVEs 02 December 2013 07:40 PM

I can do 100 in my van :hjtwofing

Downhill.

jayallen 02 December 2013 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyNoob79 (Post 11282183)
It's all fun and games until a tire randomly blows and you flip the fcuker and kill the woman and children in the car behind on their way to school...

Exactly and looking at the time he posted this thread the "street race" took place at the same kind of time my wife takes me daughter to nursery!

alcazar 02 December 2013 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by gazney101 (Post 11282158)
I agree the public roads demand respect, and theres a time and place for it but fcuk me the op must of posted this in the over 50's knights bridge section.

The very fact that you accuse his detractors of being "over 50" shows that even you know that an older WISER head would never have posted it in the first place.
QED.

f1_fan 02 December 2013 09:56 PM

To the OP and those supporting him there is a big difference between giving it a little bit of right foot somewhere relatively suitable and 'street racing' as you'll find out if the cops ever catch you racing on the highway.

Secondly if you are going to do it (which is f**king stupid as we already established) then don't come on here bragging and expect very much in the way of support or anything else positive.

You may not like it but on the whole the members of this forum take a dim view of this sort of thing. It is the way Scoobynet is so if you really don't like it maybe you should ship out and chat about it on Faceache or down the local Maccy D's car park instead :thumb:

gazney101 02 December 2013 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11282343)

The very fact that you accuse his detractors of being "over 50" shows that even you know that an older WISER head would never have posted it in the first place.
QED.

I thought the point of the forum was to voice opinions and bring up topics to talk about which in this case was how quick a new s3 is.

Imo if there was a problem to be had, would it not be the fact that the op was antisocially street racing....not that he'd posted about it on here to be then shot down and made to look like an idiot by people who come across as scoobynet snobs when 90% of scoobynetters will have taken part in some form of antisocial driving themselves.
whether you post it or not, if you do it you're no different.

Infected by sti 02 December 2013 11:12 PM

Yea because I also bought my slightly modified Sti to sit at 70 :D I never break the law :nono: I just ignore the 1 that comes before the 70 by sticking tape over it so it don't feel as if I'm doing wrong :lol1: :hjtwofing

LUCKO 02 December 2013 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11281993)
Well said!!:thumb:

At least he didnt have the missus and kids in the car like one thread that was on here the other week!!!:brickwall

And well done on beating a S3, im sure your Blue Peter badge will be in the post!!!:thumb:

:lol1: the irony :D

so it wasnt you trying to catch my jdm yesterday then we did more than 30 ;)

bustaMOVEs 03 December 2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 11282491)
:lol1: the irony :D

so it wasnt you trying to catch my jdm yesterday then we did more than 30 ;)

Ah so you two was 'street racing' and now posting it on here :D
Hasn't this thread taught you nothing.