ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Godspeed Brake Pads! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/986592-godspeed-brake-pads.html)

imprezaworks 30 September 2013 09:38 PM

These mate

http://asperformance.com/

Godspeed Brakes 01 October 2013 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by kezwaldo (Post 11222995)
oh and looks like i can only pay by paypal which i dont have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i just want some bloody pads for gods sake...............just hope i can do it over the phone tomorrow.

Thats not expensive for uprated pads lol , some pads are £400 a set , now thats expensive !

We can take a card payment over the phone from you on 01656 723060 , you don't have to pay via paypal

Cheers Ian

pflowers 01 October 2013 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by kezwaldo (Post 11222995)
oh and looks like i can only pay by paypal which i dont have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i just want some bloody pads for gods sake...............just hope i can do it over the phone tomorrow.

FYI you don't need to have a paypal account to pay by paypal, just a credit / debit card.

urban 01 October 2013 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by kezwaldo (Post 11222988)
:mad:just had to shell out £92.95 for a set of brake pads!!!!!!!! for the 335mm brake conversion the previous owner fitted what the HELL is this world coming to i fell physically sick ....what are they gold plated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

I don't think that's expensive.
I think when I got front DS2500's for my old 05STI they were about £150

Godspeed Brakes 01 October 2013 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11223475)
I don't think that's expensive.
I think when I got front DS2500's for my old 05STI they were about £150

and these pads are now over £200 a set !

**jay** 01 October 2013 10:38 AM

Wish i was under £100 for pads, my last set cost me £330 �� next set and ill be needing dics, the joys of big brakes lol

trails 01 October 2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11223112)
Essex is similar, so I hear. ;)

Not everybody from Essex is clueless young man :p:lol1:

mickywrx 01 October 2013 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by trails (Post 11223576)
Not everybody from Essex is clueless young man :p:lol1:

I'm older than you!

I think. :lol1:

Plenty from Essex are clueless though. :D

trails 01 October 2013 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11223985)
I'm older than you!

I think. :lol1:

Plenty from Essex are clueless though. :D

I may appear younger but I bet I'm not '72 baby :(:lol1:

I'm saying nowt about fellow residents :nono::D

T5NYW 01 October 2013 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by EssexJamie (Post 11223033)
But there a really important part like tyres and I never scrimp on either ;)

I totally 100% agree. :thumb:

Iirc a uk dealer used to charge £300+ for a standard set of newage Brembo's. :wonder:

Tony

dunx 01 October 2013 10:43 PM

As was once said... "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to stop ?". :D

dunx

Maz 02 October 2013 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by T5NYW (Post 11224070)
I totally 100% agree. :thumb:

Iirc a uk dealer used to charge £300+ for a standard set of newage Brembo's. :wonder:

Tony

I'm all for not scrimping on vital componentry like brake pads but that's a rip off! A few years ago I bought some Alcon calipers/uprated disks for my classic. Ithis was the Prodrive upgrade available for the p1. I was having trouble sourcing some pads. A friend of mine who worked at a motor factors had a look through his stock. He ended up finding some pads from a Nissan 300 or 350 that were a match. Result, cost £25! If I had sourced them elsewhere I would have paid several times that.

Godspeed Brakes 02 October 2013 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11224163)
I'm all for not scrimping on vital componentry like brake pads but that's a rip off! A few years ago I bought some Alcon calipers/uprated disks for my classic. Ithis was the Prodrive upgrade available for the p1. I was having trouble sourcing some pads. A friend of mine who worked at a motor factors had a look through his stock. He ended up finding some pads from a Nissan 300 or 350 that were a match. Result, cost £25! If I had sourced them elsewhere I would have paid several times that.

The Nissan 300 zx uses the same front pads as the Subaru 4 pots not the Alcon calipers so they wouldn't have fitted , so don't know what he got for you , the Nissan 350z has Brembo's which again don't fit ??

If the OP is complaining about spending £85 plus delivery on pads , he's going to sh1t the bed when he finds out discs are £295 a pair !!

Time to go back to 2 pots maybe ? ;)

Maz 02 October 2013 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes (Post 11224181)
The Nissan 300 zx uses the same front pads as the Subaru 4 pots not the Alcon calipers so they wouldn't have fitted , so don't know what he got for you , the Nissan 350z has Brembo's which again don't fit ??

If the OP is complaining about spending £85 plus delivery on pads , he's going to sh1t the bed when he finds out discs are £295 a pair !!

Time to go back to 2 pots maybe ? ;)

My mistake, it was the four pots. It was a long time ago and my memory isn't quite what it used to be. I suppose braking technology has come on a long way but some of the prices being charged for the 'performance' items are quite simply a rip off. Compared to the run of mill stuff I struggle to see how some uprated pads/disks command several times the price.
Perhaps I'm being cynical but I do recall at around the millenium AP's stuff shot up in price. Just around the time the Evo/Scooby market and popularity mushroomed.

Markyscoob 02 October 2013 09:48 AM

This is the problem with Subaru Imprezas. We sometimes forget we are running SUPERCARS dressed like normal cars. These things run rings round very fast cars of the 1980's etc, and the performance of a WRX exceeds a Sierra Cosworth or AMG Merc Cosworth, or even a 308GTB or older 911.

So when you think about it, is it not reasonable to expect some parts to be a little warm in price? Brakes especially.

If you want to pay £25 for pads, get a Fiesta! The Impreza STi plays with the big boys and costs for parts (and fuel) reflect it. That's just life as we know it....

Maz 02 October 2013 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Markyscoob (Post 11224222)
This is the problem with Subaru Imprezas. We sometimes forget we are running SUPERCARS dressed like normal cars. These things run rings round very fast cars of the 1980's etc, and the performance of a WRX exceeds a Sierra Cosworth or AMG Merc Cosworth, or even a 308GTB or older 911.

So when you think about it, is it not reasonable to expect some parts to be a little warm in price? Brakes especially.

If you want to pay £25 for pads, get a Fiesta! The Impreza STi plays with the big boys and costs for parts (and fuel) reflect it. That's just life as we know it....

With respect you're not running a supercar by any stretch of the imagination. Infact a mid range modern diesel will keep a WRX honest. It seems a quintessential British trait to bend over and be rogered senseless on the price of goods. No wonder manufacturers the world over rub their hands in glee when selling stuff in the UK. We usually end up paying more than other domestic markets and for inferior stuff to boot!
I'm sure some will recall the ludicrous situation when a Honda manufactured in Britain then transported to Japan was still cheaper to buy and import back than buying one from a UK dealer. But as long as people maintain this philosophy that things must cost £xx, and we must pay to play then we'll keep being charged several hundred percent mark ups.

urban 02 October 2013 10:39 AM

:lol1:

The STI can play with the big boys - to a certain point yes.

It might play with my AMG merc in maybe 1st and 2nd, but that's about it ;)

But the STI is no supercar

chocolate_o_brian 02 October 2013 10:40 AM

:lol1: I'll have a sniff of what you're on!

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11224238)
With respect you're not running a supercar by any stretch of the imagination. Infact a mid range modern diesel will keep a WRX honest. It seems a quintessential British trait to bend over and be rogered senseless on the price of goods. No wonder manufacturers the world over rub their hands in glee when selling stuff in the UK. We usually end up paying more than other domestic markets and for inferior stuff to boot!
I'm sure some will recall the ludicrous situation when a Honda manufactured in Britain then transported to Japan was still cheaper to buy and import back than buying one from a UK dealer. But as long as people maintain this philosophy that things must cost £xx, and we must pay to play then we'll keep being charged several hundred percent mark ups.

:thumb:

Ahh, the voice of reason... Thought I was on Scoobynet for a minute then.

Oh, wait... ....

trails 02 October 2013 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11224238)

It's a four wheel drive, turbo charged car capable of 0-60 in around 6 seconds and around 150mph top speed...so not comparable to diesels unless you get into the realms of the big blown v/straight 6 oil burners (where you will find the consumables are of a similar costs), so Markyscoob is correct; it's not a run of the mill car and therefore has greater running costs and consumables.

Totally agree about the ridiculously inflated prices we pay in this country for everything is insurmountable and will not change.

CREWJ 02 October 2013 07:52 PM

That's not even expensive :lol1:

Type_R_1984 02 October 2013 08:54 PM

The whole car probably gets built for about 5 grand in japan.
Because it can keep up with a supercar doesn't make it a supercar.

53 02 October 2013 08:59 PM

£92.95 lol, that's a quality oil change and filter without labour :D you must sh1t yourself come service time :lol1:

BoozyDave 02 October 2013 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11224250)
:lol1:

The STI can play with the big boys - to a certain point yes.

It might play with my AMG merc in maybe 1st and 2nd, but that's about it ;)

But the STI is no supercar

he said 1980's cars
AMG merc cosworth was a 2.3 16v and had 185bhp :lol1:

so, i think a std wrx MIGHT stand a chance :lol1:

toneh 02 October 2013 09:57 PM

I used to have an 911 carrera 3.2 and I can tell you for fact a wrx it's gonna run rings round one and certainly not in standard form
I've never read such garbage

frayz 03 October 2013 12:25 AM

Lmao @ this thread. :D

speedking 03 October 2013 12:50 AM

I don't understand how pads can cost more than discs :confused:

kezwaldo 03 October 2013 02:21 AM

just found some pads that will maybe fit .......The jag xjs 4 pot pads have the exact same dimensions and are def the same shape.........i was given this tip buy some one that races them..........119 x 71 x 15mm pads and they are 26 quid for brembo ,EBC ,or FERODO pads

ditchmyster 03 October 2013 07:01 AM

OOPPSS sounds like the gravy train is coming into the station.:lol1:

Come on lads lets make it our mission to find cheaper pads that will fit our calipers.

I have AP 4 pots anyone know what fits them.

I feel a thread title change coming on.

"The Great Brake Pad Rip Off." :D

toneh 03 October 2013 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11225007)
OOPPSS sounds like the gravy train is coming into the station.:lol1:

Come on lads lets make it our mission to find cheaper pads that will fit our calipers.

I have AP 4 pots anyone know what fits them.

You big girl , you want to be going not stopping

I'll get in me shed and knock a set up :D

urban 03 October 2013 08:55 AM

I can't believe how anyone would want to scrimp so badly on something like pads though