ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ESOC TUNNEL RUN X 2013 - ***PREPARATION*** (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/984114-esoc-tunnel-run-x-2013-preparation.html)

DantheMan2605 09 September 2013 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by ace1981 (Post 11203068)
Just a thought - the only thing missing from that sticker is a mention of ESOC.

Might be a good bit of PR / advertising to include that.

I mentioned this on a previous run and it was agreed that although this is an ESOC organised event, other marquees are often seen in attendance. :thumb:

Originally Posted by *matthewturb2000* (Post 11203898)
Do you have to be from Essex to come?

Similar to above, you dont need to be an ESOC member to attend anyone, subaru or not is welcome :thumb:

Milamber 09 September 2013 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by TurboAndy (Post 11203881)
Whats happened to the usual people who organise this event?

Sold up and moved on mate.

Originally Posted by TurboAndy (Post 11203881)
A small group of us from different clubs got this event running a couple of years back as it wasnt going to happen but the following year we were all kicked off it.

Yeah, you did well to keep it going when I stopped :thumb:

SIMON72 15 September 2013 03:25 PM

Count me in for this, Always a goodnight out.

*matthewturb2000* 15 September 2013 05:20 PM

Yea I'm coming booked it with the Mrs :)

ace1981 16 September 2013 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605 (Post 11204641)
I will copy the list from this thread to the new one, so you dont have to worry about putting your name down again.

I will try to get the official thread up this weekend as it may be the only chance I get. (Computer needed rather than the phone)

Dan,

Sure it's because you have been plenty busy as you've already mentioned, but any word on the official thread?

I don't mind stepping in to start it if it seems you can't get round to it anytime soon.

L

F1 CJE UK 16 September 2013 07:02 PM

Would love to complete one, few years back my car gave up with HG failure mid way round. Could be more fun with anti lag and RCM team ice....

Will check with the boss!

DantheMan2605 17 September 2013 07:55 PM

Sorry guys, I'm travelling the country at the minute workwise. Ill get the thread up early next week when I get my laptop back. When its posted I'd appreciate if people could broadcast it as much as possible to any other forums/s*itbook etc... Would be appreciated.

Route as yet is not 100% confirmed, but hopefully will be when the thread is posted.

ace1981 18 September 2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605 (Post 11211903)
Sorry guys, I'm travelling the country at the minute workwise. Ill get the thread up early next week when I get my laptop back. When its posted I'd appreciate if people could broadcast it as much as possible to any other forums/s*itbook etc... Would be appreciated.

Route as yet is not 100% confirmed, but hopefully will be when the thread is posted.

:thumb:

FLAT ERIC 21 September 2013 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by ace1981 (Post 11204058)
There is a video on YouTube of the beginning of the '11 or '12 October run (can't remember which) - all the cars leaving Lakeside services and filing past. The video is over nine minutes long, there were that many in attendance.

So yes, absolutely - keep it free and get involved. It's for a good cause.

Maybe this Run VI from 2009?

and this Run VIII from 2011 :thumb:

ace1981 21 September 2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC (Post 11214552)

Those will be the ones. Only five weeks to go until run X of 2013.

SIMON72 30 September 2013 08:06 PM

Any update's ? :wonder:

Daniel-wrx-Norfor 30 September 2013 08:23 PM

I'm in ;-)

Daniel-wrx-Norfor. I'm in please

L.J.F 30 September 2013 10:31 PM

Just a heads up that vxronline are holding a tunnel run on the same night, at the same time and pretty much the same route.... It may get pretty busy!

*matthewturb2000* 30 September 2013 10:36 PM

One my mate's got a astra vxr il see if he's up for coming with us scoobys, what the route anyone know

lorrainecallison 30 September 2013 11:22 PM

The Tunnel Run is definately going ahead on this date, a liitle bit short notice this year due to circumstances beyond our control ;), but it WILL happen - official thread going up in the next day or two - watch this space :D :thumb:

*matthewturb2000* 30 September 2013 11:53 PM

Cool

romford-boy 01 October 2013 01:04 AM

Bugger.........another tunnel run I'm going to miss. I'm at a wedding all day and all night in Dublin! :(

ace1981 01 October 2013 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by lorrainecallison (Post 11223329)
The Tunnel Run is definately going ahead on this date, a liitle bit short notice this year due to circumstances beyond our control ;), but it WILL happen - official thread going up in the next day or two - watch this space :D :thumb:

:thumb:

ron_uk2000 03 October 2013 09:00 PM

Thanks Dan, Lorraine, Rab555 for getting this all kicked off and organised this year :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

Been very busy of late with training for my new job position ! It's been like going back to collage and learning a completely different job :(
But I've got a few weeks off now until i start my next bout of training :sleep:

Thanks for heads up L.J.F with VRX lot planning a tunnel run on the same night :thumb:

Unfortunately it's going to be a busy night up London on the 26th :eek: Also VRX lot will be meeting at lakeside also :eek: and leaving at 9pm ALSO :eek::eek:

It should be fun :lol1:

Maybe it should be re-branded as the ...... Scooby vs VRX Battle of the Tunnel Runs :fight:
:lol1:

Anyway ..................

I have the routes / circuits done :)

The plan is to give out the maps, with the stickers + H4H merchandise sales :)

Maps are quite easy to follow :thumb:

It will be a 3 printed maps with 5 to 8 postcode directions on them with re-group postcode locations and leaving times :thumb:

You can loop the circuit until you've had enough, then head off to the re-group location ;)

If your having fears of not knowing where you will be going then take a look at the Summer or 2012 Tunnel Run routes for a basic idea :thumb:
It's not really changed much from them routes !

I've just made it a bit simpler with having the postcodes of the route way-points printed on the map. Loop / circuit points will be stated on the map also ;) So anyone with navigation app on there phone can use these routes :D No TomTom or Garmin required :thumb:
You should have time at lakeside to program the postcodes into your phone, save them under favorite locations and then just navigate from postcode to posecode :D Or have your shotgun navigator inputting them on the fly ;)

Hopefully we won't get too many lost scoobs this year :eek: ...... Lorraine :poke:

Hopefully the weather won't be as cold as last year also :cry:

Lets make it a good one and dig deep for a worth while charity :luxhello:

TurboAndy 04 October 2013 09:39 PM

Cant wait.

martin666 12 October 2013 10:51 PM

Mrtin666 come in ..................

scoobyken 12 October 2013 11:51 PM

Count me in ;)

Essexdon 15 October 2013 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by ron_uk2000 (Post 11225802)
Thanks Dan, Lorraine, Rab555 for getting this all kicked off and organised this year :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

Been very busy of late with training for my new job position ! It's been like going back to collage and learning a completely different job :(
But I've got a few weeks off now until i start my next bout of training :sleep:

Thanks for heads up L.J.F with VRX lot planning a tunnel run on the same night :thumb:

Unfortunately it's going to be a busy night up London on the 26th :eek: Also VRX lot will be meeting at lakeside also :eek: and leaving at 9pm ALSO :eek::eek:

It should be fun :lol1:

Maybe it should be re-branded as the ...... Scooby vs VRX Battle of the Tunnel Runs :fight:
:lol1:

Anyway ..................

I have the routes / circuits done :)

The plan is to give out the maps, with the stickers + H4H merchandise sales :)

Maps are quite easy to follow :thumb:

It will be a 3 printed maps with 5 to 8 postcode directions on them with re-group postcode locations and leaving times :thumb:

You can loop the circuit until you've had enough, then head off to the re-group location ;)

If your having fears of not knowing where you will be going then take a look at the Summer or 2012 Tunnel Run routes for a basic idea :thumb:
It's not really changed much from them routes !

I've just made it a bit simpler with having the postcodes of the route way-points printed on the map. Loop / circuit points will be stated on the map also ;) So anyone with navigation app on there phone can use these routes :D No TomTom or Garmin required :thumb:
You should have time at lakeside to program the postcodes into your phone, save them under favorite locations and then just navigate from postcode to posecode :D Or have your shotgun navigator inputting them on the fly ;)

Hopefully we won't get too many lost scoobs this year :eek: ...... Lorraine :poke:

Hopefully the weather won't be as cold as last year also :cry:

Lets make it a good one and dig deep for a worth while charity :luxhello:

Great work Ron as always.

Peedee 16 October 2013 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC (Post 11214552)

http://youtu.be/XiDsVj6akg8

http://youtu.be/qXRId1iyGZo

Haha as if I'm in that 2009 video! The P1 that goes past at 4:26!! Boom!!! :luxhello:

Mr Vain 19 October 2013 01:17 PM

1. DantheMan2605
2. AWG
3. White Noise
4. Jason73
5. TurboAndy
6. Bobsta
7. Maz man
8. LJF
9. Exevo3
10. Goose71
11. Rich.84
12. Ace1981
13. Mr Vain (MSOC)

scoobygel 20 October 2013 08:20 AM

DantheMan2605
2. AWG
3. White Noise
4. Jason73
5. TurboAndy
6. Bobsta
7. Maz man
8. LJF
9. Exevo3
10. Goose71
11. Rich.84
12. Ace1981
13. Mr Vain (MSOC)
14. ScoobyGel
15. StiJay

'7' 21 October 2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ron_uk2000 (Post 11225802)

We've only been doing it on this date for 10 years :brickwall:brickwall

Essexdon 21 October 2013 10:29 PM

I would worry about another car owners forum turning as I doubt they will have 1/5th the size of the Subaru's turning up.

maz_man 22 October 2013 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by '7' (Post 11242106)

We've only been doing it on this date for 10 years :brickwall:brickwall

Last year the stoc met up as well! Admittedly it was earlier and they left sharpish as we started to show up!