ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Millionaire boy racers (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/960942-millionaire-boy-racers.html)

Luan Pra bang 04 January 2013 02:26 PM

The Toff couple were clearly just upset that they cannot afford super cars and those dirty Arabs can. Reverse colonisation they called it. It was hardly a race track and one of the guys interviewed even said he changes car at night so he does not keep people awake. The more super cars in London the better IMO.

Maz 04 January 2013 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 10930557)
Followed by a push bike when having his "You Tube" moment sum's it up. What a waste of petrol, probably tiny weeners!

:freak3:

hill79 04 January 2013 03:41 PM

There were some valid issues raised such as lack of insurance, dangerous driving and the noise levels - all of which the police appeared to be trying to address in a pretty fair manner, not that a relatively small fine would pose much wallet-ache for most of the drivers.

It's a shame those issues were overshadowed by the elitist and racist opinions of the local residents, the chap with the James May style floppy hair should be utterly ashamed of himself.

legb4rsk 04 January 2013 04:59 PM

I must admit from the adverts I was prepared to see a bunch of arrogant,spoilt,selfish brats running rough-shod over the local rules & laws.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised. The young men came across as old school gentlemen with impeccable manners.(maybe because they went to English public schools ;))The 'locals' seemed to have nothing better to do.

Truss 04 January 2013 05:00 PM

As said, I can't see knightbridge being the quitest part of the country without a few nice cars.
The protesting morons just made themselves look racist. Fact is, you know there properties have been handed down, and havent got the reddies to compete with foreign tourists.

GlesgaKiss 04 January 2013 05:02 PM

No-one on that programme came across well. :lol1: But I can see the attraction for the Arabs. They've got the money, they're young... why not enjoy their summer in amongst all London has to offer.

Maz 04 January 2013 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss (Post 10931310)
No-one on that programme came across well. :lol1: But I can see the attraction for the Arabs. They've got the money, they're young... why not enjoy their summer in amongst all London has to offer.

Au contraire, some came across better than others going by the general consenus.

GlesgaKiss 04 January 2013 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 10931318)
Au contraire, some came across better than others going by the general consenus.

I didn't say that wasn't the case. Let's not be naive about some of the boy racers featured, though. A few seemed as if they'd be liable to say one thing while thinking and then doing the complete opposite. I cringed during the 'Ramadan' speech.

the shreksta 04 January 2013 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10930506)
Watched the programme and the cars have swayed it for me, deport the residents I say :thumb: ;)

+1

i say lets find out the exact place that snotty **** lives and have a midnight scooby thrash-by :D

Butkus 04 January 2013 06:34 PM

Strange that the police don't seem interested in the fact that they're driving at double the speed limit in a cramped built up area, but they do take notice of someone being 'racist' by making a comment that the visitors don't fit in. Odd priorities.

The policeman even mentioned that the money they bring in is very important and that seemed to justify their turning a blind eye. Someone will have to be killed before they do something about it which is a shame.

the shreksta 04 January 2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Butkus (Post 10931459)

Someone will have to be killed before they do something about it which is a shame.

hopefully its that snotty old ****

mrmadcap 04 January 2013 06:51 PM

All good fun, and the chaps were frighfully polite, but if some spotty chav gets his Nova confiscated through wheel spinning in McDonald’s car park why should this lot be allowed to wheel spin and speed through a densely populated area in the centre of London?

You can't have different laws for the rich and poor.

Oldun 04 January 2013 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by mrmadcap (Post 10931478)
You can't have different laws for the rich and poor.

Don't forget what country we live in, the country of the blind eye.

skoobidude 04 January 2013 11:05 PM

Maybe CH4 edited this to how they wanted it to be seen.. I can't imagine for a minute that there isn't more.. I'm sure the police have done more about the speeding.
Similar to the crap the papers print about news. All media minced shat!

The real purpose of those guys being in London is drink and shagging, no doubt!

Great cars though. I need to go down London in the Summer.

Luan Pra bang 05 January 2013 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by hill79 (Post 10931214)
There were some valid issues raised such as lack of insurance, dangerous driving and the noise levels - all of which the police appeared to be trying to address in a pretty fair manner, not that a relatively small fine would pose much wallet-ache for most of the drivers.

It's a shame those issues were overshadowed by the elitist and racist opinions of the local residents, the chap with the James May style floppy hair should be utterly ashamed of himself.

The only guy I saw in the program who got in trouble for no insurance actually had insurance and got fined anyway, its not like they cannot afford to pay any claim necessary whether they have insurance or not.

scoobygaz1 05 January 2013 02:11 PM

Not all of them are arab`s my girlfriends boss was there in his zonda it`s a supercar meeting which they have come over to join in with and probably get carried away as it`s there holiday.

Bugatti 05 January 2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 10932329)
The only guy I saw in the program who got in trouble for no insurance actually had insurance and got fined anyway, its not like they cannot afford to pay any claim necessary whether they have insurance or not.

I didn't quite understand that. He had insurance, provided the necessary paperwork on the roadside and still had his car seized.

And then even after he can prove the insurance cover is genuine he STILL has to pay a penalty for having his car wrongly seized?:confused:

Think one of the lads summed it up when he said "your paperwork can be perfect, still they will find 1000 things wrong with it".

stilover 05 January 2013 02:27 PM

Just watched this this morning.

Yes they bring money into England, and if I was that rich, I'd have a fleet of Supercars too. And TBH fair play with them saying they stop once people are trying to sleep (although Midnight is a bit late for people getting up early for work).

However, the accelarating down narrow streets and the knob in the GTR sliding around did make me think, how soon will someone get killed by one of them? Can Daddies Billions really buy them out of jail?

Bloody nice cars though.

Leslie 05 January 2013 02:29 PM

I did not watch all of the video,too long.

If a bloke is lucky enough to have the moolah to buy a "supercar" than as far as I am concerned-why not and good luck to him.

What really counts however is his attitude and behaviour having got his hands on it. If he feels he has to show us all how fast it goes and what a star he is(or thinks he is) at driving it and chopping others up on the road to show his superiority then he goes very quickly to the bottom as far as any possible respect is concerned.

Practically speaking, our roads are far too crowded to be able to enjoy such a car's performance and the only real way to get the most out of it is to go for track days where you can use its performance to the full and find out how good you really are at car control! Someone in that financial class can easily afford that of course.

If a bloke is purely a"look at me and what I have got" merchant and is incapable of driving the car properly, there is actually very little point in owning such a car anyway!

Les

RA Dunk 05 January 2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 10932373)
Can Daddies Billions really buy them out of jail?

I would say yes, this is the UK.

Moley 05 January 2013 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by scoobygaz1 (Post 10932359)
Not all of them are arab`s my girlfriends boss was there in his zonda it`s a supercar meeting which they have come over to join in with and probably get carried away as it`s there holiday.

No they haven't.
Yes, the UK cars were from a Pistonheads meet/run in London (it's covered on the Pistonheads thread about the programme)

The Arabs come over here for 2-3 months when it's too hot in their own country, and basically party and show off during that time (fair play to them aswell)

P1Fanatic 05 January 2013 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bugatti (Post 10932371)
I didn't quite understand that. He had insurance, provided the necessary paperwork on the roadside and still had his car seized.

And then even after he can prove the insurance cover is genuine he STILL has to pay a penalty for having his car wrongly seized?:confused:

Think one of the lads summed it up when he said "your paperwork can be perfect, still they will find 1000 things wrong with it".

Didn't the cop say something about the ins docs only showing a Kuwait number which he couldn't / wouldn't call. If it was legit and the chap had to pay a release fee anyway then that is a disgrace.

KAS35RSTI 05 January 2013 09:20 PM

Typical jealousy. I live 8 miles from knightsbridge & always drive past it on my way to work. The only nice scenery are the limited supercars, the rest is just ****ty.

These lads don't mess around, some of the Lambo owners I had a chat with are down to earth & run over 1200hp!!! Plus they all have a soft spot for Subaru's.

finalzero 05 January 2013 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by KAS35RSTI (Post 10933042)
Typical jealousy. I live 8 miles from knightsbridge & always drive past it on my way to work. The only nice scenery are the limited supercars, the rest is just ****ty.

These lads don't mess around, some of the Lambo owners I had a chat with are down to earth & run over 1200hp!!! Plus they all have a soft spot for Subaru's.

Aye, go to London, Sheesha bars etc and these guys are living it up in the UK and who wouldn't with limitless cash and resources.

Some of the guys out in Abu Dhabi etc are running some seriously monstrous spec cars, fair play to them!

But they are still d.icks

delcbr 06 January 2013 03:14 PM

so whos all going down to London before Ramadan to see this spectacle lol

tubbytommy 06 January 2013 03:29 PM

i just watched it, that justin prick shouting at the guy with the umbrella at the start made me laugh.
he should try that where i live, he would end up with it sticking out he arse....

scoobyboy1 06 January 2013 03:35 PM

I wonder if the council love it when they turn up. Imagine how much money they would make from the fines and parking tickets, unless they dont pay them and fook off back to saudi.

I get a parking ticket at least every week when im down London so these guys must have the traffic wardens on overtime!!:wonder:

Luan Pra bang 06 January 2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 10932669)
Didn't the cop say something about the ins docs only showing a Kuwait number which he couldn't / wouldn't call. If it was legit and the chap had to pay a release fee anyway then that is a disgrace.

The police round here do it all the time, if you have a car on a trade policy or are driving someone else's car and they cannot phone up to check the insurance they take the car and make you pay for collection and release. My friend had a car taken off him and they refused to give it back despite him turning up to the impound lot with his insurance. The thieving scrotes at Cowans recovery phoned the police to ask if he could collect his car and they said no so he lost the car. I just sold a van to someone a week ago and had not posted the log book yet, the guy just had the van impounded because it was unregistered and they will not release it until he gets the log book back from the DVLA in his name, meanwhile he has to pay a daily storage charge. The Police round here are desperate to get cars into the impound lot as they get kickbacks from them. I also had the police try to take a car off me because despite having insurance the broker forgot to add it to the database, according to police that entitles them to take the car despite them coming to my forecourt and office and me showing them my insurance docs and offering to phone the insurance company there and then. If the database muppets mess up these days you lose the car. There was also the time my cambelt snapped at 11pm and the Police tried to get Cowans to recover the car even though I phoned them, explained the situation, and was waiting for my own recovery driver to turn up.

mrmadcap 06 January 2013 09:57 PM

According to recent new legislation the police can impound a vehicle if one nuisance complaint from a member of the public against the driver has been received. Doesn't matter if the driver has fully comp insurance with knobs on signed by the Queen in gold!!