ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Power Crazed Impreza Hitler (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/956317-power-crazed-impreza-hitler.html)

Banstead Stig 17 November 2012 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx (Post 10871632)
Sorry , I am lost. What the hell was it on about?

Steve

Bit of an incident at the last meet, all got resolved on the site.

Some bellend, I assume from here, decided to play Charlie Big Potatoes and have a go... they got banned from the site, unsurprisingly.

It proves that little snippets of information and an inability to read often lead to people reaching bizarre conclusions.

I think my favourite quote from the aforementioned bellend, which will now be consigned to the archives, was, "I'm Subaru through and through".

Oh, as a final point of note, your "Impreza Hitler" doesn't own an Impreza and hasn't done for many moons. Good work, again showing you really paid attention!

For the sake of balance, and I'm surprised no one has yet picked up on this, I concede the case for being likened to the Third Reich is strengthened by having SS as the club initials.

I await my lambasting with interest...

Myles 17 November 2012 08:43 AM

All I will say is if someone called my driving into question, rightly or wrongly, I then apologise, but he tells me what I have to say to save my 'future' on a site, I'd consider him/her a bit of a Nazi.
The guy apologised and the boss man still made him say 'I agree', did he have to do that?

Banstead Stig 17 November 2012 09:01 AM

He didn't really apologise though, he said he was sorry if his driving had upset the other guy. That is the weakest 'apology' you can give.

It basically shows you think you're in the right and the other party is oversensitive.

Had someone caused me to swerve to avoid a collision with my family in the car I'd want a proper apology from the perpetrator, as I suspect would most.

The chap in question was trying to make the point that we're a family club, there to meet up and have a social group based around the mutual interest of Subarus... not to charge around dangerously and anti-socially.

It all seems to have been put to bed, except for this little episode.

toneh 17 November 2012 09:09 AM

Schnell .... Schnell ..... Everybody up

Just having my breakfast ...... Reich Krispies

Myles 17 November 2012 09:10 AM

We don't have the benefit of the thread to look back on, and I do agree it wasn't an apology in the true sense of the word. My question is though, if they were on a drive out how did the guy nearly cause a collision if indeed they were in the same convoy and the same lane? That was something that just didn't sit right.

toneh 17 November 2012 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 10871692)
He didn't really apologise though, he said he was sorry if his driving had upset the other guy. That is the weakest 'apology' you can give.

It basically shows you think you're in the right and the other party is oversensitive.

Had someone caused me to swerve to avoid a collision with my family in the car I'd want a proper apology from the perpetrator, as I suspect would most.

The chap in question was trying to make the point that we're a family club, there to meet up and have a social group based around the mutual interest of Subarus... not to charge around dangerously and anti-socially.

It all seems to have been put to bed, except for this little episode.

Ok goering ...... Chill out man it's only fun .... Have a schnapps

Banstead Stig 17 November 2012 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10871696)
We don't have the benefit of the thread to look back on, and I do agree it wasn't an apology in the true sense of the word. My question is though, if they were on a drive out how did the guy nearly cause a collision if indeed they were in the same convoy and the same lane? That was something that just didn't sit right.

It was a meet, not a drive out.

One chap was leaving, the other arriving. So they were travelling in opposite directions.

Toneh - a bit of mocking and joking is fine, but the guy who came onto the site was a complete idiot. No one will miss his 'wit'.

Anyway, must get on. Poland won't annexe itself...

toneh 17 November 2012 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 10871755)
It was a meet, not a drive out.

One chap was leaving, the other arriving. So they were travelling in opposite directions.

Toneh - a bit of mocking and joking is fine, but the guy who came onto the site was a complete idiot. No one will miss his 'wit'.

Anyway, must get on. Poland won't annexe itself...

In all honesty and seriousness mate , some folk are complete nobs on occasion ( the driver who did wrong )
There was an incident a few years back near me

It was a big rs meet at chatsworth and some guy leaving or coming ( cant remember which now ) was driving like a nob and resulted in a death , so the ss guy was well within his rights to be pissed off

Tbh his reaction could have been very mild ( we don't know how bad the driver was acting )
Personally if it was me and the driving was potentially endangering me or family members I would have reacted a lot worse , along the lines of you will no longer be a member or attending meets if I see you again because you're gonna find it hard with broken bones (harsh maybe ) but if you're gonna make a point make it well

Anger 17 November 2012 11:35 AM

He had his wife and baby in the car and the other member nearly went head on with him... I would have banned him myself

Dangerous driving like that in a 30 is totally out of order

Myles 17 November 2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10871805)
He had his wife and baby in the car and the other member nearly went head on with him... I would have banned him myself

Dangerous driving like that in a 30 is totally out of order

Sorry I assumed wrong last night. You aren't Spartacus.

I'm not going to argue with anybody on the harm of driving like a nob versus being a little Hitler-ish. There is no comparison! Sorry if anyone thought I viewed it any differently.

toneh 17 November 2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10871830)
Sorry I assumed wrong last night. You aren't Spartacus.

I'm not going to argue with anybody on the harm of driving like a nob versus being a little Hitler-ish. There is no comparison! Sorry if anyone thought I viewed it any differently.

There's no doubt we all think nobish driving should not be tolerated

It's the fashion in which he decided to reprimand the offender which caused amusement

Myles 17 November 2012 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by toneh (Post 10871858)
There's no doubt we all think nobish driving should not be tolerated

It's the fashion in which he decided to reprimand the offender which caused amusement

Yeah, but the reprimander feels justified in his strange bollocking strategy, and might think we all think he is blowing it out of proportion. We are in full agreement that the crime was serious enough.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milita...-kingtiger.jpg

See you at the next meet!

Kwik 17 November 2012 05:19 PM

I feel sorry for the chap who obviously got a bit carried away, but humbly apologised and still got treated like sh** by the "owner" (Well done, you bought a Vbulletin licence :thumb:).
The site owner is obviously embarassed by the things he said and has hidden it from public view.

mrmadcap 17 November 2012 05:20 PM

No wonder they took the thread down, the whole site is ripe for the piss take, it's a shame they banned the poster because the thing could have gone on and on with Hitler slapping his Lederhosen and everything:lol1:

RobsyUK 17 November 2012 07:26 PM

:( I feel left out...

Myles 17 November 2012 07:43 PM

Have you seen when Will calls the Head by his first name in the Inbetweeners? Well, the Head belittles him, makes him say thank you and all that.

This was very much the same.

Banstead Stig 17 November 2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by mrmadcap (Post 10872154)
No wonder they took the thread down, the whole site is ripe for the piss take, it's a shame they banned the poster because the thing could have gone on and on with Hitler slapping his Lederhosen and everything:lol1:

I had assumed the poster was you actually, seemed too coincidental that you should start this thread and the fellow in question was from Manchester.

Every forum is ripe for mockery from outside, same as any group of friends is. It's shared experience and interests that make them work for those involved.

Myles 17 November 2012 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 10872324)
I had assumed the poster was you actually, seemed too coincidental that you should start this thread and the fellow in question was from Manchester.

Every forum is ripe for mockery from outside, same as any group of friends is. It's shared experience and interests that make them work for those involved.

Agreed. You'd have a field day if you met me!!

53 17 November 2012 07:59 PM

What was the thread title as it might be cached on google :)

mrmadcap 17 November 2012 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 10872324)

This may come as a surprise to you but I’m not the only person that lives in Manchester.

I think Hitler, Goebbels, Himmler and Goring were a group of friends with shared experience and interest.:lol1:

Banstead Stig 17 November 2012 08:25 PM

Very clever. As I said though, it seemed too coincidental. Reading appears not to be your strong point.

As to the Nazi party, I am pretty confident they weren't a group of friends.

Myles 17 November 2012 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 10872398)
Very clever. As I said though, it seemed too coincidental. Reading appears not to be your strong point.

As to the Nazi party, I am pretty confident they weren't a group of friends.

Well, its amazing how a group of people with a common interest, ie. pain, torment, persecution and world domination can come together and become friends.

toneh 17 November 2012 08:28 PM

Come on guys ...... Whoever was involved show yourselves
It's drawing to an end now and the fun has almost ended
itll be like unmasking old man whithers at the end of scooby doo

Come on ,let the doodle see the bug

Myles 17 November 2012 08:32 PM

It's Liam Gallagher.

And Adolf Hitler.

toneh 17 November 2012 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10872413)
It's Liam Gallagher.

And Adolf Hitler.

What !!!!!! At the amusement park ... Never

Banstead Stig 18 November 2012 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by toneh (Post 10872403)
Come on guys ...... Whoever was involved show yourselves
It's drawing to an end now and the fun has almost ended
itll be like unmasking old man whithers at the end of scooby doo

Come on ,let the doodle see the bug

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...06927228_n.jpg

toneh 18 November 2012 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 10872786)

Lol , brilliant

RobsyUK 18 November 2012 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by toneh (Post 10872788)
Lol , brilliant

That not jimmy savel?

toneh 18 November 2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 10872878)
That not jimmy savel?

Who is it ?

mrmadcap 18 November 2012 07:27 PM

I’ve done a bit of Psycho analysis on Mr Hitler and I think I’ve got his profile:
· Hitler owned Inpreza many blitzkriegs ago
· Along comes family and Eva forces Hitler to ditch the Impreza and purchase a 'sensible' family car.
· Hitler looks around and sees Hitler Youth gunning around everywhere in their Impreza's and gets very jealous
· Hitler then decides to teach one member of Hitler Youth a lesson realising Hitler Youth are not in compliance with page 188, section 3, paragraph 4 of Mien Kamp:
"Hitler Youth must not take the pi$$ out of Adolf by driving a superior vehicle around the fatherland in a haphazard manner".