ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Full Cars Breaking For Spares (https://www.scoobynet.com/full-cars-breaking-for-spares-449/)
-   -   Breaking MY53 WRX, Simtek, sc46, 6 speed. (https://www.scoobynet.com/full-cars-breaking-for-spares-449/918600-breaking-my53-wrx-simtek-sc46-6-speed.html)

birchy2010 31 December 2011 07:02 AM

Oh and ALL pm's now replied too.

beliblisk 31 December 2011 08:33 AM

Thanks and ill stay in touch:)

Black Widow 31 December 2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by STI_Baly (Post 10402117)
Please put me down for the heads mate..avci jdm big port heads £300...i'm assuming these will be complete with Pulleys, covers, solenoids etc?....Thanks

Would really appreciate pics of the combustion chambers once off to determine if any cracking is present around the spark plug holes.

Just noticed pole position stickers on the car, was thinking of getting Mattybr5 to pick these up for me (he dont know yet) :D

From an Old Post Not Sure if opinions have changed.

https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain...-v5-vs-v8.html

We've built loads of these engines that have this problem and have NEVER changed a head yet for this crack problem. As stated above , much more scientifically than I could, the cracks are small and insignificant.

And in our opinion are there from very early age [ if not actually made like that!! LOL ] and are not in the least bit threatening. Of course we pressure test and 'Ardrox' them and all appears OK.

Never heard of a crack related failure I.E. valve seat coming loose and falling in. It could happen, but so far not know to me after well over 300 engine rebuilds logged in the last 3 years.

So not a concern to us, but I do see the point about wanting it perfect. I just think that if you do buy new heads, that after a small-ish mileage you'll find them cracked just like your old ones.............. Lets not make IM that much more profitable.

David API Engines.

scoobydog63 31 December 2011 09:58 AM

Hi

Where did you get the GT spec headers from please?

birchy2010 31 December 2011 10:05 AM

Cheers for that Mark,

Scoobydog i brought them off here, they were a spare set for someones race car, I don't have the pm's i'm afraid anymore.

STI_Baly 31 December 2011 11:21 AM

Thanks Mark and indeed i have read that thread to. As far as i am aware Davids opinion is the same but some of the other engine builders are a little reluctant to offer guarantees on their engines if they have been provided with parts which may be have some hairlining.

But in my case i will be rebuilding the heads and engine personally so i just like to know what condition they will be in mate. :thumb: :D

PS - i am also aware of a more cost effective solution which has been trialled and has reduced the hairlining but again need to find a set of heads which havent got to that point first. :Whatever_

Originally Posted by Black Widow (Post 10402382)
From an Old Post Not Sure if opinions have changed.

https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain...-v5-vs-v8.html

We've built loads of these engines that have this problem and have NEVER changed a head yet for this crack problem. As stated above , much more scientifically than I could, the cracks are small and insignificant.

And in our opinion are there from very early age [ if not actually made like that!! LOL ] and are not in the least bit threatening. Of course we pressure test and 'Ardrox' them and all appears OK.

Never heard of a crack related failure I.E. valve seat coming loose and falling in. It could happen, but so far not know to me after well over 300 engine rebuilds logged in the last 3 years.

So not a concern to us, but I do see the point about wanting it perfect. I just think that if you do buy new heads, that after a small-ish mileage you'll find them cracked just like your old ones.............. Lets not make IM that much more profitable.

David API Engines.

birchy2010 31 December 2011 11:38 AM

PM's replied!

ad uk 31 December 2011 11:58 AM

nooooooooo dont do it swap me birchy that red classic would look loverly on your drive oh and the polo

birchy2010 31 December 2011 03:57 PM

i know Ad, just time to stop throwing money at scoobies for the time been mate :(

L&G.scooby 31 December 2011 05:40 PM

I'll have the 3 port solinoid if you'll post.
Pm me when you break car, thanks.

ad uk 31 December 2011 06:14 PM

gutted ive missed the heads need some for mine gutted

erchie84 31 December 2011 07:05 PM

Do you have a fuel distribution block

STI_Baly 31 December 2011 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by ad uk (Post 10403311)
gutted ive missed the heads need some for mine gutted

Ad who knows it could go belly up if someone wants the whole car. :lol1: That will then be you and me both waiting.

jsrush09 31 December 2011 09:17 PM

hi mate are the senders and fitting kit included with the gauges?

martin850 31 December 2011 10:57 PM

Any pics of the front tow strap, would it fit a bugeye?

seanbaldacchino 01 January 2012 08:40 AM

I'm interested in the bottom end pm me details cheers

birchy2010 01 January 2012 09:22 AM

L&G i'll stick your name against it mate,
Erchie i don't think i do on this car mate, if i find one i'll let you know,
JSrush i'll drop you a pm mate,
Martin there unviversal, it is the same strap as in this link here, http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRS-Competit...ht_1259wt_1139

Sean, i'll write up a pm for you now mate.

Blue and Gold 01 January 2012 10:37 AM

you have pm birchy

Lagamorph 01 January 2012 10:48 AM

Sorry to hear your breaking :(. Im after a 3" system Birchy, any pics of its condition?

Blue and Gold 01 January 2012 11:04 AM

hi birchy which induction kit is it?
how much do you want for the simtek?
would you perhaps do a deal on the sc46 and simtek together?

Lagamorph 01 January 2012 11:53 AM

i'd go for his headers while your at it tom, you know it makes sense ;)

What you going to do for a car Birchy, coming away from performance motors completely?

birchy2010 01 January 2012 12:26 PM

I've not got any pictures Lagamorth but if your around your welcome to come and check out its condition? Not totally mate, wanted to put a bit of money to one side for a house but thats not really going to happen so just a bit of a downgrade to something thats not so expensive to run and highly strung really, probably back to one of my first cars and another mk1 focus RS, cuts my bills on fuel and insurance in half straight away.

Tom, the induction kit is one of PP own design, the simtek has several people on the list for it unfortunatly but the sc46 is still available.

Blue and Gold 01 January 2012 02:44 PM

are the headers unequal or equal length? if they're unequal then perhaps we could do a deal with the turbo battery etc? if you let me know what evening you're free in the week I'll pop over for that passenger ride

Blue and Gold 01 January 2012 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lagamorph (Post 10404105)
i'd go for his headers while your at it tom, you know it makes sense ;)

What you going to do for a car Birchy, coming away from performance motors completely?

if you're back from work early enough one night perhaps we could kill two birds with one stone and pop over together?

birchy2010 01 January 2012 05:06 PM

Headers are un equal mate so fit the bill for you. And yes i'm happy to do a deal on multiple items :thumb: I'm thinking tomorrow night if thats any good to you mate?

Blue and Gold 01 January 2012 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by birchy2010 (Post 10404620)
Headers are un equal mate so fit the bill for you. And yes i'm happy to do a deal on multiple items :thumb: I'm thinking tomorrow night if thats any good to you mate?

tomorrow night should be fine mate, I'll see if andy is busy and he can see and hear the exhaust too then and I'll discuss everything with you then if that's ok?

I pm'd my number to you earlier today so just gimme a call or text and we'll sort out the best time and your address :thumb:

birchy2010 01 January 2012 06:17 PM

I've text you Tom :thumb:

birchy2010 01 January 2012 10:11 PM

Pm's replied guys..

ad uk 01 January 2012 11:16 PM

bottom end this way birchy pm me price with everythin oil pump crank etc

NOSSY_89 02 January 2012 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by birchy2010 (Post 10401652)
Gaz you have PM.
Prodriverules you have pm.

Scoobydo Rob please see my sig, has a link to the for sale thread :thumb:
Indeed the 6 speed was supplied by the WMI guru that is H, absolutly mint box with zero crunch into and from any gear!
Martin indeed £20 collected, has no scratches on the face and has never been used to tow anything.
Jon i'm not sure on the make, was supplied by PP, say £125 for both? how does that sound?
Nossy, its not got brembo's mate :(

My mistake I thought you bought the brembos from H but just realised it was the 6 speed. Might be interested.